• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory if you can see this

Status
Not open for further replies.

8BitHero

Scrub
Bloody Palace being free or DLC is ABSURD. Because it has become a standard within DMC games. And if Capcom is going to convince any gamers or hardcore fans that DmC Devil May Cry will be a great DMC game - what other way is there other than including things in the game that makes Devil May Cry for Devil May Cry.
Bloody Palace is one of those.
What would be more ridicolous is if i accepted that idea that BP would be a DLC. You know what that means? That Capcom MAY HAVE planned to sell BP as dlc. Yes...sell a content people expect as a DLC.

As for the costumes:
3 of them are for sale, that includes a DMC 3 costume that resembles original Dante than any other costumes including ones that aren't sold. And fans wanted original Dante, but don't worry the best costume will be for sale.

Now that leaves Vergil's downfall:
I asked Gbraga "How do you if VD isn't content taken out of full game intentionally for more money?".
Gbraga doesn't know.
I don't know.
Neither do you.
SPEAKING FOR MYSELF: i wouldn't trust or approve of DLC that is announced before main game is even released and that is released few months after main game. According to VG247 Vergil's downfall was known to public around 12th november - that's roughly 2 months before main game was to be released.
Now if you have facts that disapproves what i have said then fair enough, but if you don't: don't go around thinking it's a fact that VD is a free DLC because you think it is.

You can't trust Capcom. The reason DmC was delayed to 2013 was because of competition. I'd argue BP was released around the same date as MGR to keep DmC relevant from a "content release" perspective, to create more attention and tackle Metal Gear Rising taking the spotlight.
And VD is technically free. It's not free for post release buyers.

I tell you what, if it is right to accept BP as dlc, then Capcom can go ahead and sell other things that is good by DMC as dlc. For example they can sell style system for DmC as dlc.

Want style system but DmC doesn't have it? Dont worry pay 10 dollars and ull have it.

P.S Are you forgetting that you paid 60 dollars for DmC?

Vergils Downfall and Bloody Palace/DLCs explained:
I don't like talking about it much but a friend and I actually rip games to look at the code and mess around with. Create mods, or having fun screwing with mechanics and sometimes to see if developers(Publishers really) are trying to scam the fanbase. I bring this up because we did in fact look through DmC on launch and didn't find a single trace of BP or VD. I even made a post just before the DmC launch stating that I'm expecting the people over at NeoGAF to find content hidden on the game, memory allocated for it or any information regarding future updates.
Not a single developer in the history of gaming has ever gotten away with taking content out of the game. From Javik in Mass Effect 3, to SFxT and the entire load of BS that game was or the recent information regarding RE6's future update. The reason they don;t get away with it because when you make a game you have create space for it. You write that section of the game, finish it, take out but leave the space there so that when the DLC is downloaded, it's placed back in the original spot. It's kinda like ordering a pizza and you noticing round marks on it. You realise that pepperoni have been taken out as they were clearly there before and left a mark. That's how games work. But no trace of BP or VD was to be found. DLC that was on the disc was the weapon skins and Dante skins but nothing else. I know what I'm talking about dude...

Also Ninja Theory did (essentially) state they made a mistake by not adding BP. That's why it's free and will stay free because they realise they should've added one of the best replay experiences to the DMC games. Any company that admits they were wrong gains a +1 from me, not only that but to give it away for free is another +1.

About the skins:
The Dante/Weapon skins are free for those who bought it on PC and those who pre-ordered on console. I'm completely with you on bullcrap business practices, especially from Capcom, but giving them away as a pre-order incentive isn't nearly as much as a blow as normal. I still don't agree with it, but they're free

Style system:
You have to face the fact that DmC doesn't have a style system. Stop bitching.

Lastly:
Do you actually have a source for "I'd argue BP was released around the same date as MGR to keep DmC relevant from a "content release" perspective, to create more attention and tackle Metal Gear Rising taking the spotlight."
I'd like to see were you got that information from. Delaying DmC is a smart move. Why would you release a game around the time when CoD is released? Delaying it to be the first big release of the year is a smart move since consumers will have money and you won't have to worry about being forgotten due to CoDs month in November. Not only that bu the difference between DmC and MGRR. If they really wanted to compete with MGRR they'd release it during the same weekend like BF3 and CoDMW3. Not a month apart. If a game is delayed I can't complain since they're working their asses of on it. Look at Bioshock Infinite.

Edit: If you would like to see the severity of delaying games. I highly suggest you read this:
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/02/rayman-legends-developers-protest-ubisofts-delay/
Delaying games isn't as good as it sounds

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

I agree with all of this. But there's less "bullpoo" practices going on as a whole... at least with NT, anyway. Like you said, there was no evidence of Disc-Locked Content. And you're right. They only held back to make sure that they could get rid of as many bugs as possible. To delay further would mean competing with other games in the spring... which would be even more dangerous than releasing now.

I actually wanted them to hold back due to getting rid of all the bugs, but I understand why it had to be released at this exact time.

What?? How dare you disprove my hastily put-together theory!!

Don't you know? It's, "Do as I say, not as I do."

IncarnatedDemon

Vergils Downfall and Bloody Palace/DLCs explained:
I don't like talking about it much but a friend and I actually rip games to look at the code and mess around with. Create mods, or having fun screwing with mechanics and sometimes to see if developers(Publishers really) are trying to scam the fanbase. I bring this up because we did in fact look through DmC on launch and didn't find a single trace of BP or VD. I even made a post just before the DmC launch stating that I'm expecting the people over at NeoGAF to find content hidden on the game, memory allocated for it or any information regarding future updates.
Not a single developer in the history of gaming has ever gotten away with taking content out of the game. From Javik in Mass Effect 3, to SFxT and the entire load of BS that game was or the recent information regarding RE6's future update. The reason they don;t get away with it because when you make a game you have create space for it. It's kinda like ordering a pizza and you noticing round marks on it. You realise that pepperoni have been taken out as they were clearly there before and left a mark. That's how games work. But no trace of BP or VD was to be found. DLC that was on the disc was the weapon skins and Dante skins but nothing else. I know what I'm talking about dude...
I was thinking it from a different perspective. That they intentionally decided to exclude VD from full game to later release it and say it's a free dlc.

Also Ninja Theory did (essentially) state they made a mistake by not adding BP. That's why it's free and will stay free because they realise they should've added one of the best replay experiences to the DMC games. Any company that admits they were wrong gains a +1 from me, not only that but to give it away for free is another +1.
Source please? And you giving a +1 for them giving it for free is really weird. Because you described that not including BP one of the best replay experience of DMC games was a mistake, then you go and give a +1 for them not selling it to you?
If you give out +1 for BP being free, you can also give out +1s for Hell and Hell difficulty for example as well. I mean both BP and this difficulty is expected stuff, so yeah...

About the skins:
The Dante/Weapon skins are free for those who bought it on PC and those who pre-ordered on console. I'm completely with you on bullcrap business practices, especially from Capcom, but giving them away as a pre-order incentive isn't nearly as much as a blow as normal. I still don't agree with it, but they're free
Well you could think of it that if you buy a game at 60 dollars, your already paying a price that probably covers a nice profit for Capcom. And i wouldn't consider these skins for free when people who buy the game post release wont have them or may have to pay up toget them. Which is logical because when you buy DmC 3-4 months after release the game costs somewhere between 20-45 dollars, and then to get the skins (youd pay a sum) and to get VD youd pay +9 dollars - so it kinda comphensates for the low price that the game will hit after time.

Style system:
You have to face the fact that DmC doesn't have a style system. Stop bitching.
Stop crying, instead show me why i am wrong.

Lastly:
Do you actually have a source for "I'd argue BP was released around the same date as MGR to keep DmC relevant from a "content release" perspective, to create more attention and tackle Metal Gear Rising taking the spotlight."
I'd like to see were you got that information from. Delaying DmC is a smart move. Why would you release a game around the time when CoD is released? Delaying it to be the first big release of the year is a smart move since consumers will have money and you won't have to worry about being forgotten due to CoDs month in November. Not only that bu the difference between DmC and MGRR. If they really wanted to compete with MGRR they'd release it during the same weekend like BF3 and CoDMW3. Not a month apart.
Ah no, it was just my thoughts on it. Was just making a point that Capcom is very business focused to extent they probably would delay game and exclude BP from full game to ensure better sales. But it's just speculation on my part.
Don't think it's a coincedence that DmC were delayed to January, or that BP was released around same time as MGR.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yet again another thread ruined by the childish minority who just dont seem to be able to understand they are ruining 90% of 'discussions' on the forums. This is not discussing, it is being petty & simply getting personal with people to try & show them up. So instead of yet again just posting this link to Sharons thread im going to copy & paste it all below so some of you actually bother to read it. Next time I see any comments in this manner by any of the people involved in this nonsense in this thread I will add official warnings. For anyone who already has 2 this will mean a ban (length depends how generous I feel at the time).

Are they on there because they don't agree with your opinions?

Well since there's a good chance I'm on his ignore list (or soon to be) chances are he won't see this soooooo....I'm gonna say don't let a couple of closed minded idiots trouble you. Then it'll cause an argument which will result in the thread getting closed. I noticed that's a common trend around here. Just let it go and let them be.

The ignore list is there to prevent arguments not have people use it as a way to get back at someone by announcing they are adding someone to it. Then continuing the conversation about why they are on it throughout a thread. Kind of defeats the purpose of putting someone on it...

I think you're just a bunch of brats who sit about on a forum of a game they clearly dislike just looking for any excuse to get a reaction from people. But that's just Me.

Not exactly going to help the situation by antagonising people.

I think your attitude is way off and that you're generally a jerk. But that's just me.

Again no need to further add to insults by continuing to antagonise people a simple report would do.

You, you need to shut your mouth, too.

Not exactly going to get a positive reaction either.

First off, allow me to welcome you to the internet. It's a place where opinion = fact and everyone is some sort of genius with a vast intellect and an impressive repertoire of skills that they have managed to acquire and master within just a couple of months.
Now allow me to introduce you to the world of The Internet Forum. This magical place allows you to say what you want, to whomsoever you please, without any consequences of any kind - because this is the internet and you are, of course, always right.
But let us suspend the imaginary for a moment here and look at actual cold, hard facts:
  • Opinions are NOT equal to facts
  • You are nowhere near as intelligent as you'd like everyone else (including yourself) to believe
  • Being passable at a number of mediocre video game titles does NOT make you the Renaissance
  • "Freedom of Speech" is not without a rather large amount of responsibility attached
I'm tired of this nonsense we're seeing every day here. I'm sick of the flood of private messages every morning, complaining about other people. The constant grandstanding between members, showing off, hurling abuse...even the oh-so-subtle jabs using words that you hope will confound the other poster enough to seem like you're winning the argument. It's all pretty nasty stuff and I can't for the life of me understand why you're all doing it.
This is a community. Communities are made up of all sorts of people and not everyone is going to get along. The one main thread that pulls people together here is the DMC and DmC games themselves. You cannot - simply cannot - join a community and expect EVERYONE to agree with you. You also cannot then make it your mission to pull down those who do not agree - even passive aggressively, as some of you are more inclined to do.
This happens periodically on this forum and whilst I'm not surprised, I think I speak for ALL the staff when I say it's time to give it a rest now. We get it. You all want to be right and you all want to feel special - but this is not the place to receive therapy for those issues.
Try to remember, if nothing else, that this site is not something we idly slapped together and just hope it all pans out. Steve (the one you rarely see) spends pretty much ALL his time working on his network of forums, improving, tweaking and optimizing in the background. This is his job, not some little hobby on the side. I would surely appreciate you guys not coming in here, crapping all over the office floor and then start saying we should really clean up a bit. As I've said on numerous occasions, this forum was made FOR you but not BY you, so really who the hell do you think you are trying to smash it to pieces?
Appreciate it if you managed to read this far, but for those of you who fall into the tl;dr category, here's the point:
It stops now or you may find, for you at least, it stops regardless. This isn't a troll-conservation facility so check your fire and have a little think about your attitude. Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom