• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New PM!

cosmic master

The Eternal Insomniac
Vauxchen-kun;224326 said:
As far as I'm aware, get rid of them. Or at least cut back how many they give out.

Ah that seriously blows. Was hoping to go to Uni this September but if they get rid of Student Loans there isn't a chance in hell I'd be able to afford to go. :(

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
The Lib Dems don't HAVE to agree, the whole point of having the seats is that each seat gets their input on a particular matter, so if they disagree, they're free to voice that opinion and stop things getting passed.

And anyway, the Tories have to be damn careful, because if Cameron does anything Clegg doesn't like, then he can call a vote of no confidence, and I can guarantee that the Tories will be out quicker than you can sneeze.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Angelo Credo;224380 said:
The Lib Dems don't HAVE to agree, the whole point of having the seats is that each seat gets their input on a particular matter, so if they disagree, they're free to voice that opinion and stop things getting passed.

And anyway, the Tories have to be damn careful, because if Cameron does anything Clegg doesn't like, then he can call a vote of no confidence, and I can guarantee that the Tories will be out quicker than you can sneeze.

I love that kind of system. Hopefully he'll be out before the new year. :p

cosmic master;224344 said:
Ah that seriously blows. Was hoping to go to Uni this September but if they get rid of Student Loans there isn't a chance in hell I'd be able to afford to go. :(

He won't be able to make the cuts yet. You will still be able to go to uni in September, as long as you already qualify for the loan. He might get rid of them for the people who start, but will still fund those that are already there. If that's the case, then you should be safe, however, I probably won't be able to go to it, which REALLY sucks.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I don't think he'll be able to legitimately make that change for a couple years yet, it takes time and a lot of red tape to change something like that, at least to the best of my knowledge. =/

I'm thinking of a new slogan for the Lib Dems too, how's this?:

"A vote for Lib Dem is a vote for Conservative!"
General public: "Wait, what?"

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
Angelo Credo;224542 said:
I'm thinking of a new slogan for the Lib Dems too, how's this?:

"A vote for Lib Dem is a vote for Conservative!"
General public: "Wait, what?"

That's perfect for them. The UK is even more screwed now :/ I just wonder how long it'll take for him to F something up.. to have get him kicked out. And what's the point in planning to remove EMA and ALG :/ how the hell are people with no money gonna buy their equipment 'n stuff? :/

So much for this Country being "Great"

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I hope Cleggy realizes that a hung parliament/coalition government is the only way he'll get a say in the running of the country.

IF there was another election, would any of you change who you voted for.
Like most of us on here voted in the General Election for Lib Dem... would you change to Labour? or stick to Lib Dem?

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I'd stick Lib Dem, I've always voted for them - Labour got in in my area anyway, so what was the point?! :(

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Where I live, it is ALWAYS labour. And yet the other half of the town it's ALWAYS conservative. It's really strange. But if I could vote, I'd still go for Labour, but if I lived anywhere else, it would be Lib Dem. As we don't have a lib dem here.

Romero

Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't know so much about British politics, but chances are I would vote Tory if I lived in the UK. And after so many years of Labour government I think it's time for a change. One party should not be alloved to govern for too long, and especially not Labour. ;)

It looks like the majority here likes Labour and a few likes Lib. Dem. I might be the only one who (probably) would have voted Tory. So start to hate me now hehe.

Ebony;224254 said:
I actually feel sorry for Gordon!
I feel a bit sorry for Gordon too, although I don't like him as person.

Vergil'sB*tch;224628 said:
Conservatives + Liberal Democrats = ConDem (condem... LOL!!!)
Lol! :lol:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
There'll be another election in 6 months, probably.

Hurrah for the 'democracy' we don't actually have.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I recall a joke a while back relating to the Thatcher effect with the Tory government, but I think it can be rephrased to fit David Cameron.

"How do you describe the Cameron Effect?"
"You take the country, bend it over and give it one until it's eyes water."

Romero

Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Lexy;228152 said:
There'll be another election in 6 months, probably.

Hurrah for the 'democracy' we don't actually have.
Why? O_O Is the Tory + Lib-Dem coalition likely to break that soon?

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I hope something does happen and soon!

Today at work we were all saying how we are all screwed. I can't bring myself to think about it - I've worked hard to get this job - got a huge student loan etc.. and now it loooks like I'll be jobless and in even more debt. :(

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Romero;228375 said:

Why? O_O Is the Tory + Lib-Dem coalition likely to break that soon?

Well, I reckon so... almost everyone else I've talked to personally about the election agrees there will be a general election within the next year. Although it depends on whether this coalition gets anything done - in terms of policy and ethic the Lib Dems and the Tories are practically opposed. If it seems as though the coalition is hindering the government's ability to do its job, they'll ask the public again to 'choose' a party, hoping for a clear majority next time.

What bugs me is that a coalition, as clunky as it can be, is technically more democractic - and it's what the people of this country have voted for using the system provided. But in short while they'll be asking the public to vote again, because the result isn't satisfactory, or won't result in a 'strong' enough government (we're so used to the 'benign dictatorship' and fast-paced whip driven politics it isn't even expected that a coalition can work here). Remember Ireland and the EU Lisbon treaty referendum recently? "Nope you didn't vote the 'right' way that time, just have another go at that..."

Ugh. >_<

Top Bottom