• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DMC: Devil May Cry artworks feature redesigned Dante model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Capcom has revealed several artwork images for their upcoming multiplatform title, DMC: Devil May Cry, at this year’s GamesCom event held in Cologne, Germany. The new images feature a new redesigned character model for the main playable protagonist, Dante. Compared to the older design that was first shown off during last year’s Tokyo Game Show, the new one features a fresher face, different hair style and a brand new necklace. You can check out the character artworks, as well as some gameplay screens, of the new Dante redesigned model from GamesCom in the slideshow to the left of this article.

DMC: Devil May Cry is currently being developed by Ninja Theory, who was previously responsible for two notable action titles, Heavenly Sword (Playstation 3) and Enslaved: Odyssey of the West (Playstation 3 and Xbox 360). Capcom will be publishing the upcoming action title when it launches for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 in North America sometime in 2012.

dante_angels_psd_jpgcopy.jpg

dante_walk_explode_psd_jpgcopy.jpg

dante_aim_rear_bg1.jpg

dante_aim_front_bg1.jpg

Source: http://www.examiner.com/video-game-...y-cry-artworks-feature-redesigned-dante-model

Source 2: http://www.godisageek.com/2011/08/devil-cry-gamescom-2011-trailer-screens-artwork/

Will upload higher resolutions artworks later.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
the design is starting to look good and the artwork is also shows a bit of Dante's personallity. i think a this point we can safely say that DmC Dante is going to be Dante with dark hair and not the "emo" guy alot of people have been accusing him of being.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ha! The first picture literally made me Laugh Out Loud. I just think it looks like it's trying to be cool, but it's just not - is that trying to carry on the DMC humour? I just dunno anymore, not even sure if I care. I do like the other shots though. Thanks for the update CR. :)

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I will admit that he does not look as bad as he did before.

But this still is not the design I want for 1 of my favorite gaming characters Dante.

I just do not like it.

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
^ LMAO! I noticed tht too XD

on topic: wow he looks great :D but wats up with all of the angel dante groupies around him T_T

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Is it just me or does that first pic scream 'typical western style'?
Boobs... ya know? I swear, if i see any in the new game, the disc will be thrown out of the window... followed by an anvil (providing it'll fit out of the window). After Dante's Inferno, I'm sick of seeing boobs in games.

Other than that the pics are great, just... that first one makes me cringe.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Could not help but notice that Dante still has the british flag on his left shoulder.

I was hoping that they would remove that after the tweaks they were making.

Not that I have anything against the british but why the hell would Dante have a british flag on his left shoulder?

Just 1 more thing I do not like about this Dante redesign.

He looks better then he did before, but he still sucks as a redesign for Dante.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Not that I have anything against the british but why the hell would Dante have a british flag on his left shoulder?

I agree. I'm British myself, but even I wouldn't want him to be British. I also believe that in the Devil May Cry instruction manual they confirm Dante as an American Mercenary.

Seems odd that it isn't an American flag. I hope they change the flag.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Its NT's mark as they are a british company, that is their way of saying... this Version is ours *insert evil laugh here.*

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Its NT's mark as they are a british company, that is their way of saying... this Version is ours *insert evil laugh here.*

Yea I know that lol.

But I still dislike it.

Some fans may get the wrong idea and start saying stuff like "Dante is british" and "look at his left shoulder, it shows us that he is british" and stuff like that.

But considering NT has now made him half freaken angel its not out of the question for them to make him british.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
If they make him british, they'll have to go with stereotypes. (Bad teeth, Cr*ppy posh accent.)

The best thing they could stick on his coat is a brand for advertising... The coca~cola lable... that's red and should match his jacket ;)

Shadow2x4

Thankfully he looks less like a meth addict now. And whilst I could admit he looks cool, he simply doesn't look 'Dante' to me.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Thankfully he looks less like a meth addict now. And whilst I could admit he looks cool, he simply doesn't look 'Dante' to me.

I agree.

NT took 1 step foward by making him look less like a skinny meth addict.

But NT also took 1 step backward by making him half Angel.

So really NT hasn't won me over 1 bit with the latest news and videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom