• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New development for Kyrie in DMC6?

Goldsickle

I know this is an action franchise but why does everyone want to turn every single person with more than 3 lines of dialogue into a fighter?
My reaction to a lot of posts and threads here.
There's even that thread about turning Patty into a playable character.

Maybe we can have Morrison as a playable character too?
His "Devil Trigger" would be him turning back into a white guy.

BlackAngel

Well, it would be better if Kyrie uses her voice herself, instead of having a device of her voice.
Kobayashi himself said it.

Source: https://www.siliconera.com/sengoku-...-on-how-to-make-action-games-appeal-to-women/

Just so we understand Kobayashi correctly, his goal was:

> Make action games appeal to women, without "resorting to gender stereotyped games".

Ways to achieve this, according to Kobayashi:

> Remove the blood and gore that the series is known to have, because "girls don't like that".

> Make a "nice, sweet guy" [Nero] because "most girls like [that]", also "tone him down a bit" and "make him more of a smart type" for the same reasons.

But then, per Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Yuichiro Hiraki, Hiroyuki Nara, and Bingo Morihashi:

> Decline ideas where Nero is actually depicted as a "Sherlock Holmes-type" and switch out of calling him Rodin because that's too smart. Give him a simple name with simple reasoning. Also make him "a violent character, one brimming with power" and given a "momentary spark of rage, brutality, and insanity", because previous depictions of "refined, noble nuance" in his character was not well-received by the team -- ironically making the end result "someone like the Hulk".

> Make Dante buff, while saying "girls probably won't be into [big overly muscular guys]". In fact, be so concerned about the men's features, primarily Nero's, seeming "delicate by Western audiences" that multiple adjustments are made to Nero's physique to make him "more muscular" and "beefy", then settle on giving him a physique similar to DMC3 Dante, who looks like this. Instead of just toning Dante down so Nero would look less slender in comparison, or something.

> Make the women in the game serve no purpose to the plot and bland in character but tick all the sex-appeal boxes. Gloria "is sexy, and that’s pretty much it. She really wasn’t necessary". Kyrie is "cookie-cutter", "not very memorable", "created almost as a goddess" but "is reasonably tall, sensual, and [has] huge breasts" as "a matter of course". Lady's design emphasizes "the fact that she’s not wearing a bra" and "The monitor at my workstation constantly had either Lady’s cleavage or short shorts displayed, because I was working on those aspects the whole time…" All because "Female characters play very important roles, so even when they don’t appear much, you’ve got to work hard on them" and "That’s just how it is when it comes to sex appeal".

Destroying characterization for the sake of sex appeal = appealing to women.
No wonder DMC4 story was a huge mess. They're pandering to certain people and make childish sexual themes like 12 year olds, instead of writing a good story and characters. IDK why the creative director agreed to this nonsense from these so-called "writers".

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Can we think of anything to good to redeem Kyrie's character flaws!!!???
Kyrie as a character is fine. Not great mind you. But not inherently bad. The problem that she serves no purpose other then Nero's motivation (no I am not making a joke) and is just the damsel-in-distress for most of the time we see her. There's not a whole lot to do without nearly drastically changing her character. It's an action series and she isn't a fighter

BlackAngel

Kyrie as a character is fine. Not great mind you. But not inherently bad. The problem that she serves no purpose other then Nero's motivation (no I am not making a joke) and is just the damsel-in-distress for most of the time we see her. There's not a whole lot to do without nearly drastically changing her character. It's an action series and she isn't a fighter
It would've been better if she was born with magic, and the Order of the Sword recruited her when she was 4 years old. Because her unique ability was her voice. She could charm a bully to be the nicest guy, she has a beautiful singing voice that attracts birds and animals, and can hypnotize a person to get information by asking any question.

They could give her a hobby of wanting to play music and wanted to be a musician, loves children and animals, and actual character development to get to know her as a person.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
It would've been better if she was born with magic, and the Order of the Sword recruited her when she was 4 years old. Because her unique ability was her voice. She could charm a bully to be the nicest guy, she has a beautiful singing voice that attracts birds and animals, and can hypnotize a person to get information by asking any question.

They could give her a hobby of wanting to play music and wanted to be a musician, loves children and animals, and actual character development to get to know her as a person.
I like the magic bit. The rest sounds a bit too Disney Princess

BlackAngel

I like the magic bit. The rest sounds a bit too Disney Princess
It's not my intention to make her a Disney character. I'm merely giving out ideas how she's a valued member of the Order of the Sword, aside from being Credo's sister. And it's an idea of giving her a hobby to play music to make her interesting.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Iris is a character from Mega Man x4. She's Zero's love interest and reminded me of a more fleshed out Kyrie. So Kyrie could use something like this

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Iris is a character from Mega Man x4. She's Zero's love interest and reminded me of a more fleshed out Kyrie. So Kyrie could use something like this

I always envision Kyrie with a rapier! But how?

Like would someone like reinvent some of her to feel like Credo in a way?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I always envision Kyrie with a rapier! But how?

Like would someone like reinvent some of her to feel like Credo in a way?
An alternate universe version of Kyrie pops up.

DMC has dabbled with alternate universes before. For example it's a main feature in the second light novel.

You could have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom