• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's True Demon form or Something else?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The only difference I can see is the lack of "wings" and legs. But everything else look exactly like the concept art to me.

I agree. Those were the differences I noticed too, which is why I said it wasn't completely similar. But thanks for pointing out the spectral is almost identical to the art posted here by the original poster.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It just seemed like people were confused about what the concept art was about. ^^

Indeed, seems so. Obviously they changed it so it wasn't Nero's physical demonic appearance in the game, to keep with the story. Do you think we'll ever see him with more of a demonic appearance, without the spectral?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i really hope so, like i said earlier a game dedicated to nero is needed anyway since we have no idea where nero came from in the first place

Asmodaius

Indeed, seems so. Obviously they changed it so it wasn't Nero's physical demonic appearance in the game, to keep with the story. Do you think we'll ever see him with more of a demonic appearance, without the spectral?

Well, I hope we never get to see Nero again... But if Capcom insists on continueing the original series, then maybe we will see a more mature and evolved Nero in a future game. Perhaps even with an explanation to who Nero is. They don't need to make a DMC4 prequal to explain his origins...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well, I hope we never get to see Nero again... But if Capcom insists on continueing the original series, then maybe we will see a more mature and evolved Nero in a future game. Perhaps even with an explanation to who Nero is. They don't need to make a DMC4 prequal to explain his origins...

I can't say Nero was a great addition to the Series, but I don't think he was that bad. I mean, he certainly didn't ruin it. It just shouldn't really be all about him. But some flashback explanations in cut-scenes would be ideal to give us an explanation at least.

Asmodaius

Like many think the reboot is unnecessary and pointless... That's how I feel about Nero. Though I like DMC4 for what it is, I find Nero a pointless addition to the storyline and just added ALOT more plotholes than actually explaining any of them. I think Capcom tried to do something new with DMC by adding Nero and make him a main protagonist, but instead ended up breaking the storyline even more than it already was...

So instead they decided to wipe the board clean and start over - which is the reboot.
Instead of cleaning up the mess they made, they put it on the shelves and simply started over again.
I just hope they will do a better job this time... and without Nero.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Like many think the reboot is unnecessary and pointless... That's how I feel about Nero. Though I like DMC4 for what it is, I find Nero a pointless addition to the storyline and just added ALOT more plotholes than actually explaining any of them. I think Capcom tried to do something new with DMC by adding Nero and make him a main protagonist, but instead ended up breaking the storyline even more than it already was...

So instead they decided to wipe the board clean and start over - which is the reboot.
Instead of cleaning up the mess they made, they put it on the shelves and simply started over again.
i do agree with them messing up the storyline quite a bit. so perhaps this new storyline will be solid, with no plotholes, and maybe it won't be as confusing

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

I think the problem Capcom made when they introduced Nero, is that they added way too much to their plate. Like a greedy kid wanting more candy, they overdid things. Without explaining things with the story, they kept adding new people and new places and just continued to design things without telling us what the hell was going on. Eventually, after adding so much in, they realised they didn't even know what they were doing themselves. And then, after thinking long and hard and clearly not being able to think on reasonable and satisfying explanations to the mysteries in Devil May Cry, they stopped bothering to answer anything. And that's how we got to this stage. No Devil May Cry 5. No new Devil May Cry information.

Capcom may of messed up, but hopefully Ninja Theory can start a decent story with Dante and make it work. Hopefully they don't make the same mistake Capcom made.

Asmodaius

I think the problem Capcom made when they introduced Nero, is that they added way too much to their plate. Like a greedy kid wanting more candy, they overdid things. Without explaining things with the story, they kept adding new people and new places and just continued to design things without telling us what the hell was going on. Eventually, after adding so much in, they realised they didn't even know what they were doing themselves. And then, after thinking long and hard and clearly not being able to think on reasonable and satisfying explanations to the mysteries in Devil May Cry, they stopped bothering to answer anything. And that's how we got to this stage. No Devil May Cry 5. No new Devil May Cry information.

Capcom may of messed up, but hopefully Ninja Theory can start a decent story with Dante and make it work. Hopefully they don't make the same mistake Capcom made.

Exactly.

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
Oh, I agree, but I was merely pointing those people who was wondering what this concept art was about into the right direction. It is the concept art of Nero's current DT which is that spirit/aura/ghost thingy...
Great atleast that will stop all the This is Nelo angelo confusion going around.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
It looks awesome but i must say.... Capcom is retarted, wait.... no.... retarted people did not choose to be the way they are.... Capcom did.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
I have something to say, why the Hell does Nero look a lot like the Sparda twins? I mean, seriously, is it really that hard to come up with a new design on a character? Same hair, same kind of personality, and he even gets Vergie's sword, WTF?!?!

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I have something to say, why the Hell does Nero look a lot like the Sparda twins? I mean, seriously, is it really that hard to come up with a new design on a character? Same hair, same kind of personality, and he even gets Vergie's sword, WTF?!?!
i really think there is a reason behind his appearance. perhaps capcom will go deeper into nero's backstory

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Remember that Nero has Sparda's blood in him?

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Nero has Sparda's blood in him? That's odd, how does that one work?
And yeah, I hope Capcom does go into Nero and his past, it'd help, A LOT!

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Nero has Sparda's blood in him? That's odd, how does that one work?
And yeah, I hope Capcom does go into Nero and his past, it'd help, A LOT!
If i remember correctly, someone in the game said that the blood of Sparda flows through him or something like that.
They could have been lying, but i really don't se the point.
Besides, his appearnece makes it quite obvious.

Top Bottom