• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's Return?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Yeah I can see how that helps .lol. in 1 Dante had the spotlight the most. But in 5 it should defo be shared out :)

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Yeah I think explainations are needed but not to explain the whole series it could just be random events coming together or... for a good twist an arising of an eviler foe thanks to Dante playing part in these events...

Sparda™

Nelo Angelo;81909 said:
Yeah I think explainations are needed but not to explain the whole series it could just be random events coming together or... for a good twist an arising of an eviler foe thanks to Dante playing part in these events...

That's why in my DMC5 project, I've included three side-games, of Sparda, Nero and Vergil. Each of these characters will show the dark-filled plotholes and such. Also some of It, will be revealed through endings and some bonus content(videos).

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
It would be cool like and almighty demon of death that they all have to beat at once because Mundus wasnt the true ruler is long though dead father or something...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nah, they wouldn't replace Dante because he's the signature brand for DMC games, he's the hero...who now just happens to share the spotlight with another newbie (Nero). Capcom has used a marketing wizz (for example, I've never been into games but DMC 4 managed to catch my eye and actually make me want to buy it). I doubt they'll wipe Dante out the picture - two heroes equals long time loyal fans and thousands of new addicted fans. More people equals more cash - if they don't put Nero in the next game, I'm going to take it back, get refunded and then just buy the damn DMC 4 Special Edition instead...

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
LordOfDarkness;81691 said:
^ well let's think about it this way .lol. the twins seem to want a son or something. I mean, Sparda had no daughter -that we are aware of- and Dante did say to Mundus, "Give my regards to my son would ya?" -I guess that is why peeps think Dante will have a son- as for me I am not fussed, just as long as they kick *** and look great at doing it :)

When did Vergil mention wanting a boy? And as I said previously, it was most likely a taunt because of what happend.

But im glad most of you agree with me about the girl thing. ^^

Crimson Red Knight;81700 said:
yeah..wich they shouldve done to begin with...lol, they seem to have a bad habbit of making a game..then screwing up a game, then making a prequel then making a sequel that actually makes sense but ticks us all off cuz we need more backstory..lol

No kidding man, you're right on the money! :lol:

LordOfDarkness;81756 said:
^ .lol. they should just stick to Nero for a bit in the next games .lol. but Dante needs to steal back the spotlight later of course .lol. :)

Games? As in more than one? As in at least 2? The average period between sequels is at least 2 years, he had the spotlight in 4= 2 years, the next game 5=4 years and game 6=6 next years of Nero. Dang, Nero might as well take over DMC if they do that >_< no offense though, just gotta think about those little things.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Well that's the whole thing with everybody going "Ah do you think Nero is going to take over Dante" -um in a word (yes)-

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Well then, if they forget about Dante then they'll forget about alot of fans who will most likey forget about the series. Im just predicting, if Dante has the same small role in part 5, then I probably not gonna by the next ones, and that's IF I buy part 5.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
They can't forget about Dante. They wanted to make Nero's game DMC4 but they couldn't not have Dante in it too;)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ .lol. exactly man :) you can't just slam the amazing Dante to one side and forget all about it., it's not right.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
Vergilissexy;82816 said:
Well then, if they forget about Dante then they'll forget about alot of fans who will most likey forget about the series. Im just predicting, if Dante has the same small role in part 5, then I probably not gonna by the next ones, and that's IF I buy part 5.

yeah, i'll probably still buy part 5, but if they do another move like in 4 then im done..DANTE NEEDS HIS SPOTLIGHT BACK!!!!!!!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Yeah my point also :) I mean do you expect it to sell so much if Dante isn't even in it? -of course not-

Angel Valentine

[ It Penetrates ]
There are a lot of people on the Nero bandwagon, but I still see quite a few on the Dante bandwagon as well :p Dante isn't going anywhere, Capcom isn't stupid enough to do that.

Nero was cool, I admit it. The little angst bucket grew on me and the Devil Arm is badass, but I am a shallow girl, and he's just not Dante <333333 If they totally got rid of Dante, the whole feel of the game would change, cause I don't see Nero setting up a demon hunter shop, acting like Dante(I know he is like him somewhat, but come on, we all can see the obvious differences) and then dumping Kyrie's useless ***.

I've seen a lot of complaints over the whole love story addition, and not just from guy fans, plenty of female fans are just as ****ed. The females who are playing the DMC games aren't playing it to see romance, they're playing it to see Dante kicking *** and taking names, or to, you know, stare at Vergil %D

Plus there's the fact that they haven't really done that great of job explaining a lot of things that still involve Dante, Vergil, Sparda etc.....I doubt they'll just 'leave it hanging' like that, and just abandon *swoons* Dante & etc...for the new guy. I just don't see it.

There. There's my COMPLETELY unbiased 2 cents %D

Oh and if they did abandon it all for the new guy, I truly would never buy another DMC game again xD

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I actually didn't mind the love story because the whole game wasn't 90% fluff like I thought it was gonna be.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
It kind of seems that they were scared of upsetting the Dante fans and decided to put Dante in 4 at the expense of of a large chunk of Neros story. Which was the whole point of DMC4, as cool as he was Dante's section just seemed like a big waste of time. Playing as him for the sake of playing as him. I think it was the wrong choice, they should have had the balls to just do what they felt was best for the big picture.

It would have been better if they had Neros story all the way through and then told it from Dantes perspective. I mean is IS a next gen game they should have been able to fit that on the disc.

Top Bottom