• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's Return?

robotoboy20

Who thinks that they will kick Dante the king of all bad ***'s to the side and put Nero in the spotlight?

because that would be a horrible Idea I think the creation of a Love intrest is stupid as well Im used to the Devil May Cry Babes I think we should definitly stick with dante though I do understand why they kind of transitioned it

robotoboy20

I agree but do they intend to just wipe DMC2 away or are they going to use the older annoying never talks Dante since 2 does come after 4

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
They don't necessarily have to use that version of Dante. The second game is supposed to be so far in the future that they could easily stick with the Dante were used to for now.

Tony_Redgrave;81170 said:
If they do that, they'll only lose fans:p

Yep they'll defiantly break my heart:(

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I thought the fans have been expecting a new young character ever since the first one like me. Dante clearly says "give my regards to my son will ya?" in 1. I have been waiting for Nero ever since then (even though he isnt Dantes son).
I couldn't be more pleased with how he turned out. I felt that the whole love story was just to show the player how much feeling and emotion Nero has and an old fashoned love story is as good as any way to get that across I guess.

DMC4 really restored a lot of my faith in the series and reminded me of why I became a lover of it in the first place. Its a shame that Dante's personality still needs some tweaking. Now that everything is finally streight story wise we can finally now get back to the main story. Getting rid of mr 3 eyes once and for all. (or the story of Sparda whatever, either would be fine and relevant.)

As for the main character I dont really care but if Dante is staying how he is I would rather see Nero in the next one.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Yeah, it was implicated in the first game that Dante was going to get a replacement with that line. Plus, one has to remember that originally, Dante was meant as a one game character, and that the next DMC would have had a new lead character. I believe that was the intended purpose of DMC2, since it was supposed to be Lucia's game, and Dante was a late addition since fans enjoyed him so much. When THAT didn't work out so well, we got the massive twins focus of DMC3, which led now to people wanting more Vergil, and DMC4 was already underway when the eventual phase out of Vergil's concepted heavy involvement happened. At least we still have the concept sketches from the bonus art and dvd. ^^

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
robotoboy20;81163 said:
Who thinks that they will kick Dante the king of all bad ***'s to the side and put Nero in the spotlight?

They already did that. It's called DMC4. :lol:

As for replacing Dante, I personally thought what he said to Mundus was simply a taunt since Sparda once kicked his butt and then his son kicked his butt. Seems logical for him to say that. At least to me anyway.

Anyways, if they continue to put Nero in the spotlight then I agree with Tony, they'll probably lose some fans. But if they gain more than they lose, sadly, they won't do anything about it. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Niruz

I wonder how DMC5 will turn out though since Nero asked Dante if he'd ever see him again, and Dante just sort of waved at him. It could be taken as Dantes good bye or it could be that the next game will feature just one of them... Hopefully Dante.

EmotionsUntold

Unloved Someone
Dante Aseroth;81211 said:
Capcom wouldn't even dare removing Dante from the spotlight(mainly because my name is Dante,:lol:)....

Ok, Dante... that was conceited... but we love you anyways :lol:

Idk, I kinda liked the concept of Dante sharing the spotlight. And come on you guys... think about it... Nero has the Yamato now... It's only fate that he turns up again eventually... and I'm a Nero-supporter, so I have no objections with that :p

cosmic master

The Eternal Insomniac
i reckon capcom should do something smilar to what they did with resident evil where they created sort of side games if you will which didnt progress the main story. this way we could play as dante in the proper games which affect the main story while nero could have his own story in the side games. this way all dmc fans would be happy and it would give capcom a chance to tell us more about nero without dante being cast aside

master sayers

dmc4 all the way
I thought the fans have been expecting a new young character ever since the first one like me. Dante clearly says "give my regards to my son will ya?" in 1. I have been waiting for Nero ever since then (even though he isnt Dantes son).
we all know dante said that but he only said that because munndus would only rise again inanother 2000 years so for that to work out the game would have o be set 2000 ears onto the future and also i hink that was just one off his cocky comments he makes out.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
they just brought in a new character to spice things up a bit and kinda messed it up alittle by not giving us a full story...now as it was said earlier in this thread, if they do a resident evil twist and do a side game, then they could straighten this all out and not loose any fans. if they dont and they phase out Dante then they loose all their fans and go under completly

master sayers

dmc4 all the way
they just brought in a new character to spice things up a bit and kinda messed it up alittle by not giving us a full story...now as it was said earlier in this thread, if they do a resident evil twist and do a side game, then they could straighten this all out and not loose any fans. if they dont and they phase out Dante then they loose all their fans and go under completly
I agree they should doa side game to strighten they story line of nero out and also do a side game leasding up to dmc 2 to strighten that out

Joyce_Nero

I'm sure Dante isn't a forever. He is getting older in the games and I'm a gamer who is open for new charakters if they are good. So...Dante's Son would be really cool! :p
Well...but I'm also a fan who wouldn't mind to play a games with Nero again. I like him! ^^

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
master sayers;81341 said:
I agree they should doa side game to strighten they story line of nero out and also do a side game leasding up to dmc 2 to strighten that out

ok, i obviously agree with the side game thing, but leading up to 2, no. that would take up too much game, and at this point it would take too long to explain what made Dante turn all cold and serious. making a side story that led up to the point would only take away from the main story and make alot of fans really freaking mad..lol

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Yeah I think that with Neros power hungry arm there is a lot of potential for him in future games.

Top Bottom