• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's own DMC crew

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How would you picture a team of Nero's? Since Dante got Lady & Trish, Nero needs his own.

So far Nico.

But Nero's gonna need a...
  • "Swordmaster"
  • "Gunslinger"
  • "Trickster"
  • "Royal Guard"
  • A summoner since V

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Gunslinger: Beryl
Trickster: Lucia
Summoner: Patty
Swordmaster or Royal Guard: Nero (pick a specialty for him).
the remaining option becomes a new character key to the plot.

tehrugger

Banned
Nero doesn't need his own crew. He's a lone wolf.

But, if he did have a crew, Nico and Lucia would be cool. And maybe a few new characters. I'm not going to associate them with Dante's styles. That doesn't make sense to me...

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Nero doesn't need his own crew. He's a lone wolf.

But, if he did have a crew, Nico and Lucia would be cool. And maybe a few new characters. I'm not going to associate them with Dante's styles. That doesn't make sense to me...

Then what kind of allies would you picture fighting on the frontlines with Nero?

How about
  • A monk
  • A brawler/tank
  • A summoner after V
  • A thief/assassin

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
He has a gunsmith already

So all he needs is other devil hunters besides that , human or demon it doesn't matter as long as they are skilled

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Here are a list....
  • Blind devil hunter (male)
  • New summoner (female)
  • Demon musician (male)
  • Monk (male)
  • Contortionist assassin (female)
  • Samson the Brawler

berto

I Saw the Devil
How would you picture a team of Nero's? Since Dante got Lady & Trish, Nero needs his own.

So far Nico.

But Nero's gonna need a...
  • "Swordmaster"
  • "Gunslinger"
  • "Trickster"
  • "Royal Guard"
  • A summoner since V
There is actually concept art in the DMC5 book of what looks like a demon hunting group so it's possible that the idea did cross their minds.
Anyway, Nero is known for not working well with others so I don't know if it'll work out.

Summoner: Patty
No. Never Patty, I hate that creature, I hate her with a passion.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Nero is described in DMC4 as a loner, and in DMC5 he also appears to be mostly trying to solve problems on his own. I don't think he would work well with others. Better idea I think would be to show him developing a network of informants to help keep track on demons and in general help with demon hunting work.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Nero is described in DMC4 as a loner, and in DMC5 he also appears to be mostly trying to solve problems on his own. I don't think he would work well with others. Better idea I think would be to show him developing a network of informants to help keep track on demons and in general help with demon hunting work.

Why not!? Dante got his own team so why not Nero?

Next game he’ll learn to rely on others to help him out in certain situations.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
TBH Nero worked better in the latter half of 5 when he was trying to be a team player. Versus the beginning where he was an insufferable tryhard so him becoming a team player feels like a better play than keeping him on his own.

Dante's the opposite- he works better on his own than in a team. Pairing him with Lady/Trish was a good idea but the writing never did anything with it so I never took them seriously. Heck, the anime actually made Trish/Lady more compelling on their own than whenever they interacted with Dante so I lean more towards Dante being a loner.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Why not!? Dante got his own team so why not Nero?

Next game he’ll learn to rely on others to help him out in certain situations.

Well, if he learns to do it, I have no problem with it. I just wouldn't like him to have a team from the beginning of the game. EDIT: Although, as far as composition of a team, I haven't a clue. Though he might do well with some ranged support, IMO.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Well, if he learns to do it, I have no problem with it. I just wouldn't like him to have a team from the beginning of the game. EDIT: Although, as far as composition of a team, I haven't a clue. Though he might do well with some ranged support, IMO.

Well Nero will slowly get team members like Dante got Lady and later Trish. Nero's got Nico, so maybe a new summoner to join his team.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
No. Never Patty, I hate that creature, I hate her with a passion.

Gee, I forgot you hate Patty more than I do. I know it involves that audio drama you talked about on the DMC5 Gen Discussion board. Honestly, I tend to see audio dramas as non-canon for most Japanese media as the situation is either never brought up or referenced again in later installments of a franchise.

Nero getting a crew I would not mind. I can go either way.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Considering how much Nero bickers with whatsherface in a team of two, I can't really see Nero leading an entire team unless he gets some major character development.

I would be interested in seeing more of Nero's interactions with the existing cast - Lady, Trish and Morrison.

Top Bottom