• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's Devil trigger

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
So it seems coming into contact with Dante, Yamato and nearly anything connected with Sparda has awakened something inside Nero. His demonic arm proves he can't just be possessed by Vergil or Nero Angelo's spirit.

So I believe it to be a combination between two theories. I believe Nero Angelo has possessed his son giving him unimaginable power through the sword Yamato. This is why Nero can defeat Dante because it's the strength of two people. His DT is Nero Angelo. Just look at the appearance of it.
neroangelo.jpg

Then of course there's the name. Nero. Kind of familiar don't you think? So it's a mix between Nero's demon blood awakening and Vergil's power inside of him. Not just some immature power.
If Nero Angelo possessed Nero, then the latter his a threat to humanity and most be dispose of quickly.

Nero Angelo, the corrupted half demon his tainted with Mundus' malevolence. During the clash between Nero and Berial, there is a sign reading the name Mundus Vivendi(Mundus Lives in Latin). Maybe it was a foreshadowing of Nero becoming the Prince of Darkness' puppet in a future game.

Anyway, Nero's Devil Trigger doesn't look like Nero Angelo, so the possessed theory by the corrupted one is meaningless.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Don't the DT designs generally spring from particular Devil Arms? That DT comes with Yamato, which was (I guess) also the same sword in corrupted form that Nelo Angelo carries in demonic form... so the reason it's similar is because of Yamato - and the reason it's also different is because it is also a part-manifestation of Nero?

That said, many of the higher demons in the series give their souls to whoever vanquishes them, residing inside the form of a Devil Arm. So I guess Vergil's might be in Yamato and have a strong influence on the appearance of the DT. That would add weight to the idea that Vergil is in there somewhere but isn't 'possessing' Nero any more than any Devil Arm 'possessed' Dante when he used them in DT - it was more like he was channeling the power of the Devil Arm fully when in demon form. Sort of like a symbiont during the DT - the soul in the Devil Arm uses the host to manifest itself, and the host gains the power inside the Devil Arm.

It bugs me though that Yamato already existed, and Vergil didn't create it in the act of dying or being defeated... which means Yamato (and Rebellion) most likely already contained a soul or presence of some kind. Defeated demons condensing themselves down into Devil Arms doesn't bother me, but the idea of Vergil 'putting himself' into the sword does. Unless the scientists managed to find his soul and trap it in there - they did find other parts of him. But it makes you wonder how many souls a Devil Arm can contain.

Dante47

If Nero Angelo possessed Nero, then the latter his a threat to humanity and most be dispose of quickly.

Nero Angelo, the corrupted half demon his tainted with Mundus' malevolence. During the clash between Nero and Berial, there is a sign reading the name Mundus Vivendi(Mundus Lives in Latin). Maybe it was a foreshadowing of Nero becoming the Prince of Darkness' puppet in a future game.

Anyway, Nero's Devil Trigger doesn't look like Nero Angelo, so the possessed theory by the corrupted one is meaningless.
Corrupted or not, it's still his son. I assume he would still care for his son, no matter how corrupted he is. Even Arkham couldn't kill his own daughter purely because she's his daughter. It also makes since why Nero was so brutal during his fights with Dante. It doesn't make the theory meaningless in anyway. Speculation is never fully meaningless.

D-Sparda

Corrupted or not, it's still his son. I assume he would still care for his son, no matter how corrupted he is. Even Arkham couldn't kill his own daughter purely because she's his daughter. It also makes since why Nero was so brutal during his fights with Dante. It doesn't make the theory meaningless in anyway. Speculation is never fully meaningless.
Vergil has better things to do than to be a caring father for a child that is to old to be his son.

He must salvage his lost honor. He is the only one in his family that didn't succeed to lay the smackdown on Mundus. So this should be his possible to-do list:

1. Take back Yamato. If the the Devil Trigger is him then he must possess Nero so he could have a new body and the sword, so it's a win-win situation for him.

2. Train with Nero's body to make it reach it's prime.

3. Punish Dante for giving Yamato to a stranger, for allowing Trish, a creation of their father's enemy, to live and letting her use the Sparda like if it's her property. It would serve as a perfect excuse to see them fight again.

4. Take the Sparda sword. After, he Devil Trigger, then he ventures to the Underworld and finish what he started with Mundus.

The End.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Don't the DT designs generally spring from particular Devil Arms? That DT comes with Yamato, which was (I guess) also the same sword in corrupted form that Nelo Angelo carries in demonic form... so the reason it's similar is because of Yamato - and the reason it's also different is because it is also a part-manifestation of Nero?

That said, many of the higher demons in the series give their souls to whoever vanquishes them, residing inside the form of a Devil Arm. So I guess Vergil's might be in Yamato and have a strong influence on the appearance of the DT. That would add weight to the idea that Vergil is in there somewhere but isn't 'possessing' Nero any more than any Devil Arm 'possessed' Dante when he used them in DT - it was more like he was channeling the power of the Devil Arm fully when in demon form. Sort of like a symbiont during the DT - the soul in the Devil Arm uses the host to manifest itself, and the host gains the power inside the Devil Arm.

It bugs me though that Yamato already existed, and Vergil didn't create it in the act of dying or being defeated... which means Yamato (and Rebellion) most likely already contained a soul or presence of some kind. Defeated demons condensing themselves down into Devil Arms doesn't bother me, but the idea of Vergil 'putting himself' into the sword does. Unless the scientists managed to find his soul and trap it in there - they did find other parts of him. But it makes you wonder how many souls a Devil Arm can contain.
If Vergil's soul resided in Yamato then wouldn't have Dante would've been able to use DT like Nero since he is his twin brother. I think Nero's Devil Bringer arm contains Vergil's soul or a piece of it.
Note that Nelo Angelo blew into pieces in DMC1 & the order used those fragments to create those other Angelos so its not plausible that Nero came into contact with 1 one of those fragment & thus is how he got that arm.
Also when his arm changed he heard a voice in his head "Power I need more power." Some can say that wasn't his own voice but possibly a lingering piece of Vergil who for all of this time managed to regained some his will.
Thus when Nero awakened Yamato & resurrected it probably wasn't him but it could've been Vergil's own willpower or residual soul in Nero's arm that did it.
Whenever Nero DT its in fact Vergil that is doing it & appearing around Nero. Like whenever Nero uses Snatch or Buster an extra arm comes out & that arm seems to be wearing a glove similar to one Vergil wears. That could be Vergil's arm or a piece of his soul that can exit Nero's arm whenever Nero wants to. However Yamato can awaken most of Vergil's slumbering soul in his arm to what we see as his DT granting Nero similar moves that mirrors Vergils(like those spinning swords that mimic Vergil's Summoned Swords).

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
am i the only one that finds it weird that nelo angelo's real name was supposed to be nero, and then capcom made a character named nero who is possessed with a demonic soul?
i am going with d-sparda on this one, i think if DMC5 is made nero will become a villain being fully controlled by nelo angelo,and he will become nero angelo.
to be honest i think that could be the coolest way to come off of dmc4. nero would become a badass villain so people that liked him will still have him as an important character in the game, and those that don't like nero well they get to kick his ass! :) great theory d-sparda!

Agility

"Known"
am i the only one that finds it weird that nelo angelo's real name was supposed to be nero, and then capcom made a character named nero who is possessed with a demonic soul?
i am going with d-sparda on this one, i think if DMC5 is made nero will become a villain being fully controlled by nelo angelo,and he will become nero angelo.
to be honest i think that could be the coolest way to come off of dmc4. nero would become a badass villain so people that liked him will still have him as an important character in the game, and those that don't like nero well they get to kick his ass! :) great theory d-sparda!

I don't wanna fight Ichigo!

How about this...

The return of Sparda.

And he is corrupted by MUNDUS!

Oh snap Sparda before he betrayed Mundus!

D-Sparda

Thank you and all, but this theory will never see the light. Since Nero is Kobayashi's creation, I doubt that he wants the young man being controlled or have something to do with Vergil/Nero Angelo.

I don't wanna fight Ichigo!

How about this...

The return of Sparda.

And he is corrupted by MUNDUS!

Oh snap Sparda before he betrayed Mundus!
You want to make combos on humans?

Dante.devil

Nero have to be connected somehow with Sparda because in cutscene when you fight Dante for second time he tells Nero. "A helpful hint take a tip from your elders" not Vergil's son but have blood of sparda

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
^he could just be referencing how he's noticeably older than Nero...that seems like a cheesy line Dante would use at any average time...

On topic, i hate Nero's Dt...it's not what we're used to in DMC and I woulda liked to have seen the whole demon form

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
^he could just be referencing how he's noticeably older than Nero...that seems like a cheesy line Dante would use at any average time...

On topic, i hate Nero's Dt...it's not what we're used to in DMC and I woulda liked to have seen the whole demon form
Thats why I like it....it stands out & is unique from everyone else & its like that for a reason(his devil arm or the fact he hasn't fully awakened his demon powers or mastered Yamato).

Hell it could've been worse it could've been like Trish's DMC2 Devil Trigger.

aoshi

There are too many evidences that support nero's devil form is vergil's DT. But capcom never officially confirmed it in DMC 4. May be they wanted to reveal in the sequel. But ....BAM... We got DmC.

I too believe that nero and vergil could be related in some ways other than blood inheritance. Even if they were related through blood, I would not be surprised. Sparda was a demon too who had sons.

Also, Nero was confirmed as not having devil trigger. The demon form had its own significance as a figure behind nero though resurrected from nero's arm. Even in gameplay , demonic form wielded yamato than nero using it unlike dante who wields all his weapons even in DT. There is also a move called showdown where nero controls yamato. So nero's demonic form is not his DT but a demon awakened by nero's demonic arm. It's ironic that though dante is a half demon, he is not possessed by demonic powers but only uses devil arms which are possessed or entrusted with demonic powers but nero is a human who is possessed with demonic arm.

Railazel

Most of this argument goes back to the original concept of what a DT is.

A DT (in DMC 1) was just a state where Dante would channel the power of the Devil inside the Devil Arm he obtains. In this state, Dante would merel be "covered" in the demon's power, shifting in and out of its form as he attacked.

In DMC 3, this concept was slightly changed so that Dante could have his own DT, but it would change depending on whatever weapon he was holding.

So, is Nero's DT his own power or someone else's? More than likely, it was someone else's and that someone was obviously Vergil. You see, its not that Vergil's soul ended up anywhere, rather Yamato had its own spirit just like any other Devil Arm.

How do I know? Well think about it? DMC 1 is the only game where Dante doesn't have his own DT and is also the only time where he doesn't use Rebellion. So it's safe to assume that Rebellion had its own Devil and the same can be said of Yamato.

As such, Nero's DT is his own, but influenced by the power of Yamato.

Top Bottom