• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero origins and facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
@Clair: Why do I get this feeling that the "where did Nero come from" thing will haunt you?

Maybe because it will? xD

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
clairavance;215789 said:
Capcom is known for taking religious figures/mythological beings and everything and anything to do with heaven and hell and implementing it into the games. I mean I don't think these people have ANY limit to their creativeness. It boggles my mind if I really try to sit down and dissect every little thing they've put in, because you can trace the origins of the craft if you focus on it - but I have the attention span of a fly. I always assumed Capcom was secretly in league with the creators of the Gintama anime, because let's face it, Gintama has everything and everything in every episode, and sometimes they're blunt about where they got their material from. Gintoki could have been a Vergil and Dante crossbreed. They've even got a friggin fangirl in the actual anime who goes all-out fangirl on Gintoki. It's like the anime version of Scary Movie - they rip off all the other animes out there. Point is, DMC x Gintama, they snatch a lot of already existing characters and concepts and just tweak them a bit so no one can scream copyright infringement.

Off topic, I'm sorry!!!!

Okay, so, point I was actually getting at is, we know where Vergil and Dante's characters stem from. I mean, Dante's Inferno, says it all. We also know where Sparda's character stems from, eg. Mundus=God, Sparda=Lucifer, with Sparda being Mundus's most beloved and highest ranking servant, Sparda rebelling against Mundus, then throwing himself willingly from the demon realm into the human world where he lives as a 'human' trying to keep the world in harmony, eg. Sparda becomes the demonic version of Jesus. So, we've got those major character's inspirations pinned down.

Where the heck did Nero come from? It's got to be something big, like right under our noses right? It's something everybody has heard of at one stage or another. Maybe they've taken him from historical events? I still haven't pinpointed down where Nero came from :( Maybe Ceasar Nero? But I doubt he was a warm blooded, passionate type, so that would make no sense.

You know...Gintama?I though that your Gin pic was just there because you found it.But anyway,Gintama is a satyre and parody manga and anime[most of the time].But I wasn't talking about "dissecting" anything.On the contrary,I focused on the things that made Nero special.What I found is a different story all together.

Ermm,I mean,yeah.But Hideki had already made it clear from the first game where it all comes from.[Back then it wasn't even supposed to be a series so after that it's everyone's guess what happens next.]

And this Nero has nothing to do with the emperor.His name meaning "black" is a reference the many things that black represents... and the funny fact that Jonny Yong Bosch was/is the Black Power Ranger from the start until the Zeo(?).

As for how do I know about Kobacross?It's not just me.The actual fanbase of BASARA in japan[read : not the fujoshi/fangirls but the actual fans] and many DMC and BASARA fans worldwide know about it.He just does all this to irc the fanbase.

ResaMoon

*DJ Blow My Speakers Up*
I think it'd be great to know where Nero came from and if Vergil is the father or not. But I think that would make everyone happy to find out that Nero isn't Vergil's father. But since Capcom isn't going to let us know until the 5th DMC game... We're all stuck with rumors...

Believe me when I say: I'm going freakin' nuts to know if Vergil is the father of Nero... XD

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i would kill the ninja company and capcom i do not want nero and vergil to have a blood relation

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Me,freak out?Oh,ho,ho no way.As you see I'm very calm and stuff...

*Re arrenges arsenal with legendary weapons in case Capcom decides to make Vergil Nero's father.Also a mad scientist laugh is heard at the background.*

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
*Gets WTF bomb ready* Those Capcomian's won't know what hit them if Nero is Vergil's son.

If they're related, I don't care, but if Nero's his son, there'll be hell to pay.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Oh related... fine... yeah...
Son!!!... Capcom better watch out... cause when I'm upset... I'm not a very nice person:lol:o_O:O:mad:

Laurence Barnes

Premium
they have a huge chopper with a tank cannon spyin on them and i put a lil suprise on the shells........*you suck*

a wtf bomb,legendary weapons,a topper (the tank/chopper)and crazy phsychos

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Thanks for reminding me DT.

*Transforms into the Guyver and then Gigantic and then takes WTF atomic and nuclear versions of the WTF bombs.*

I think I'm ready now...

Laurence Barnes

Premium
wait for my army 1000 alein flag ships 100000 war ships 1000000000000000 attack ships and to many chimera to count

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Never underestimate Vergil's powah,dg...not to mention VB and clairvance are probably gonna bring Vergil with them for some...Chop Suey.[Get it?]

And VB : while I'm not excactly a sadist...depends...maybe Kaoru level?However the killing will be a pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom