• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero is Vergil's son!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I recon it's some sort of whiskey. Or some really strong liquor that will kick even Dante on the arse. Maybe a special Devil May Cry blend? LOL

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Haha, probably. Now you mention it, JD's probably even more vile than Pernod.

Why did I say Pernod...? Snap judgement, I guess. Grossest drink ever.

Think you're right VB, bottles on the desk in DMC1 look like JD but with a colour reversed label and aren't square

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
who knows. jack danels could have contrbutied to the Virgil/ Nero; father/son thing. both virgil. and the guy who decided this had to have somthing in them that wasn't supposed to be there for this to happen.. i hope it dosn't become official. i could live with it but it whould be a dissapointment. ( and whould ruin the timeline for my dmc ideas.)

NotSoAwesomeFaise

s00per smexii style
I'm going to have to say this again, aren't I? Nero IS Vergil's son. Because he's the yaoi love child of Dante and Vergil! And Vergil is the mom. See, you guys, this is why Dante never gets to top in yaoi fanfics, because he gets his brother pregnant. :O -shot a million times over-

But in all seriousness, he's NOT his son. Not unless Vergil got into Mommy and Daddy's alcohol cabinet when he was twelve and took a spin on the neighborhood bicycle. And the dude that said Nero is Verge's kid needs to go die in a fire.

Also, Dante drinks gin. It says so in the novel. -just got the DMC novel today- Is it just me, or do Tony and Grue have man-crushes on each other? Seriously, all that subtext, it's freaking me out. ._.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Maybe they just have a lot of man-love moments? Those are the best ;) LOL at kiddie Vergie trolling the neighbourhood on his bike...would he even be able to ride the bike? He'd probably weave and wobble. Naughty boy, tsk tsk.

NotSoAwesomeFaise

s00per smexii style
Maybe, but Grue's last though was quote-"Tony's brilliant smile"-un-quote. I was like o_O Really? And then Tony acts like they broke up. Seriously, if I wanted so much homoerotic subtext, I want it to be between Tony and Gilver. Not Tony and Grue. And the subtext between those two is more obvious than the subtext in DMC3 between D&V and A&V.

And about Vergil and the neighborhood bike... I meant "everyone gets a chance to rid her ;)" XD

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
...hahahaha :D Okay, I getcha, lol!

Gilver...I still find that so insulting. I don't think that novel did Vergil any justice, seriously, and I haven't even read it myself!

...I can't help but think what torture the fangirls on this forum would unleash on the sons of Sparda. You and VB will scare the living daylights outta them, lol.

NotSoAwesomeFaise

s00per smexii style
I know! He used GUNS in the novels. I WTF'd at that. I wasn't a huge fan of Gilver (despite me being a total Vergil fangirl). He was just so...ugh. He didn't have that style that canon!Vergil did.

And I don't need the sons of Sparda. I already have my own super submissive Dante for my enjoyment. But all the characters of DMC should be scared of me. I'm a crack shipper. ;)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Now there's an intelligent conversation. :D
O think I'd scared the cr@p outta Vergil... by his standards I'm much more... twisted AND sadistic ;) (That's why i feel the B*tch part of my name suits me ;) :D)

Also, Vergil didn't like Alcohol.
I did think that Tony and Grue were a bit close... it really did seem a bit Yaoi at times.

And I still agree that Nero is the Yaoi love child of Dante and Vergil.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Vergil'sB*tch;203694 said:
BTW, for those of you that don't know, Nero's mother is supposed to be a prostitute.

If the father's Vergil it makes more sense that she would be, what with him being the warm affectionate type and Nero being dumped on someone's doorstep.

When I first played DMC4 I honestly thought they were getting at Nero being a reincarnation. Then when I noticed how old they'd made Dante look and how he acts toward Nero I had my suspicions about the 'son' thing...

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
It still seems to me that it would ruin Vergil's character... especially, if that prostitute was human.

Oh, i was gonna say something about what NotSoAwesomeFaise said:
"And the dude that said Nero is Verge's kid needs to go die in a fire"

I did have an outer body experience where i was hacking someone to death witb a katana... i assume it was this bloke. And, i was in Vergil's coat Plus, if i ever see the DMC4 novel in a shop, i shall be getting all of the copies and burning them.

They always say manure burns well! :D

Zato-OW

King
NONONONONO Nero's mother is suspected to be a prostitute "Sanctus words only". But c'mon that is a HUGE red flag. You really think Capcom would let the next lead role character be shamed that way? Since we know there were no female characters in Vergil's life at that time(except Alice) and knowing Vergil's personality its hard to judge. Unless Alice is the mother which could be strange.

The DMC4 Novel says Dante is 32 I believe and Vergil was about 17 or 18 when he was in Fortuna at that time. That's right around the time of the DMC3 manga or somewhere in between. Nero is said to be 16 or 17(He had no recorded birth date) in the DMC4 Novel which almost actually adds up to the age of Dante in DMC4.

Anyway people mistake him for hating humans but he actually just dislike humans and hate human weakness and emotions. He felt that he was being held back by his human side and sought Sparda's power to justify his life or make his life seem meaningful in his own eyes or something. He has a very solid anime character personality which they claim they were going for anyway.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
LOL!
So do we really think he is Vergy's son... I know one thing...
I'M NOT THE MOTHER!!!! *CRIES*

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Zato-OW;203860 said:
NONONONONO Nero's mother is suspected to be a prostitute "Sanctus words only". But c'mon that is a HUGE red flag. You really think Capcom would let the next lead role character be shamed that way? Since we know there were no female characters in Vergil's life at that time(except Alice) and knowing Vergil's personality its hard to judge. Unless Alice is the mother which could be strange.

The DMC4 Novel says Dante is 32 I believe and Vergil was about 17 or 18 when he was in Fortuna at that time. That's right around the time of the DMC3 manga or somewhere in between. Nero is said to be 16 or 17(He had no recorded birth date) in the DMC4 Novel which almost actually adds up to the age of Dante in DMC4.

Anyway people mistake him for hating humans but he actually just dislike humans and hate human weakness and emotions. He felt that he was being held back by his human side and sought Sparda's power to justify his life or make his life seem meaningful in his own eyes or something. He has a very solid anime character personality which they claim they were going for anyway.

You have some seriously good points there.
My theory is: Nero is like DMC2. It's there, but you don't really WANT to acknowledge it because it's just...shameful. LOL. I'm joking, please don't start another 'Nero is good bla bla bla' argument. I'm just dissing on his character a bit. I still feel he's too much of a softie for this series. Sparda may have had a human heart, but I doubt he was nearly as pathetic about showing it as Nero is.

And I think Vergil would turn over in his grave (or where he is) if he came to know the stupid theory that Nero is his heir. Bah! Blasphemy! Never! *Vergil scuttles over to Nevan* I thought you said it wasn't mine. *Nevan smirks* I lied.

Tehehehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom