• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero Is Vergil's Son ( Confirmed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
im pretty sure thats it and you dont know its vergil till the end
then we are talking about 2 different books cause in what i read it states that it's vergil from the very beginning and he has his DMC3 Costume not a suit with some bandages

if you have the links of the one with bandages i would love to read it

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
im sorry it seems i was wrong its dmc 1 novel im very sorry about that i mixed the novels and manga up.gilver was in dmc 1 novel

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
Too bad that we won't see much of it soon cuz all we can wait for now is for this half-assed revamp crap.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
i haven't read the novels myself so i don't know their stories but i read some posts on Capcom Forum that DMC3 made this Novels unofficial and it ruined the story of novels

You can only say that about the 1st novel. The second one is still considered canon as far as I know. Also, I'm pretty sure that the concept of the first novel (with Dante being Tony Redgrave for a while) is still canon, as it was brought up in the anime if my memory serves me correctly.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
You can only say that about the 1st novel. The second one is still considered canon as far as I know. Also, I'm pretty sure that the concept of the first novel (with Dante being Tony Redgrave for a while) is still canon, as it was brought up in the anime if my memory serves me correctly.
yes tony redgrave still stands out as canon and yes it was brought up in the anime a whole episode to it.

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
you're right about tony redgrave still being canon , so maybe DMC Novel Isn't fully unofficial after all

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Concerning the mangas and novels are they still considered cannon? Some people argue that the DMC4 novel for example is not cannon. DMC4 just informs viewers that Nero is of Sparda's blood line but makes seem as if he is related to Vergil.

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
Concerning the mangas and novels are they still considered cannon? Some people argue that the DMC4 novel for example is not cannon. DMC4 just informs viewers that Nero is of Sparda's blood line but makes seem as if he is related to Vergil.
I'm not 100% sure about it but it seems that DMC 1 & 4 Novels are not Canon ( Though Tony Redgrave Alias Is Still Canon According to anime )

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
I see. But what about the DMC3 Mangas? Don't they clash with the DMC3 story?
Which one ?! You Mean That Comic Book Kinda Story about dante and vergil meeting each other one year before DMC3 ?! i don't know about that

oh god , story in original canon is so complicated , who's nero ?! what's his origin ?! what happened to vergil ?! is he dead ?! why Yamato was broken ?! what's the connection between Vergil and Nero ?! Why Dante's personality was so different in DMC2 ?! what happened to sparda ?! .............................................

Reanbell

Your very own star
The mangas aren't canon, guys. ._.
The DMC plot isn't complicated, it just has many plot holes.

&Nero is NOT Vergil's son... there is no possible way. It's probably the stupidest theory I've ever heard of.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The age difference is simply not large enough for Nero to be Vergil's son. Simple as that.

Seeing as the "ages" were never taken seriously in DMC, personally I wouldn't go with that as proof. After all they say vague things like "Dante is about 18-19 in DMC3" and "DMC4 is about 10 years after DMC1". If they released an official thingy which stated the exact ages seriously, then we'd have something to work for. But using these claims that the creators said in interviews, makes me think they just thought them on the spot, for example: thinking that Dante should be a teenager in DMC3 yet old enough, so let's say he's about 18, and it'll work out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Nero is Vergil's son-theory - though the DMC4 novels supposedly supports it, therefore maybe that's what the developers had in their mind while creating the game - but for me the ages are so messed up that they can't be considered definite proof. Stuff said in interviews are fine, but stuff said inside the game/or just the manual that comes with the game are the proof.

Then again, even in that regard, we do see lots of contradictions - maybe that's one of the reasons for DmC trying to fix all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom