• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero Is Vergil's Son ( Confirmed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
i know it's old but i think this will confirm that Nero is Vergil's Son

3. Devil May Cry 4-wise, one of the localization employees I was talking to confirmed to me that Nero IS Vergil's son, and that this aspect was going to be implemented in to the game's plot. However, the decision was made not to, which could set up a good story for the future. I argued that it was cheesy, so we'll see what happens.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/carbo/b..._devil_may_cry_news_no_new_game_unfortunately

ZeroLove

It Should Be Cause It's On Capcom's Main Page And It's From Captivate 2009 But Honestly I'm Not 100% Sure About It

If it really is true, then it leaves ALOT of other questions unanswered. Like when did Vergil make a girl pregnant and who is the girl? The age difference between Dante and Nero means that Vergil would have become a father at an unlikely young age, right? Like, 14 or something like that.

Railazel

Actually, I wouldn't take it as true, that same localization member said that there wouldn't be any more games for DMC, well DmC technically counts as DMC game so... he was wrong about that. I'm going to assume that with the inconsistency with that statement, he's inconsistent with the other.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Although I knew about this, I guess it can be true because Capcom may have changed the time line like they did in DMC1 and 3. If I recall in DMC1 Dante said something to the effect that he had not seen Vergil since their mom died, yet in DMC3 Dante met Vergil a year before DMC3 events happened. So maybe Capcom changed the time line (like they did for DMC1 and 3) to make Nero be Vergil's son. Than again I could be wrong. Nero is from Sparda's family tree some how so I'll leave it at that.

Railazel

Although I knew about this, I guess it can be true because Capcom may have changed the time line like they did in DMC1 and 3. If I recall in DMC1 Dante said something to the effect that he had not seen Vergil since their mom died, yet in DMC3 Dante met Vergil a year before DMC3 events happened. So maybe Capcom changed the time line (like they did for DMC1 and 3) to make Nero be Vergil's son. Than again I could be wrong. Nero is from Sparda's family tree some how so I'll leave it at that.

Best to do so, but if they were to change the time line, do you know how much they would have to change? Besides they didn't change the timeline for DMC1 & 3. Dante hadn't seen Vergil for ten years, and Vergil's look changed enough so that if you were to compare him in DMC1 and him in DMC3, you would see alot of differences (the most notable being that his hair had grown smoother).

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
That and the fact Vergil wasn't really defined as a character until DMC3. So their is a ten year gap between DMC3 and DMC1? That could mean Vergil had the Nero at around or before DMC3's events (teens having kids is not uncommon) and ten year gap from DMC3 to DMC1 means Nero is ten years old. DMCAnime happens between DMC1 and DMC4 so maybe enough time past for Nero to age. Than again I don't know.

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
Actually, I wouldn't take it as true, that same localization member said that there wouldn't be any more games for DMC, well DmC technically counts as DMC game so... he was wrong about that. I'm going to assume that with the inconsistency with that statement, he's inconsistent with the other.
i think he didn't mention new game Cause he didn't have the authorization to say anything about it

PS: Happy New Year Everyone , have a great year

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
That explains why Nero doesn't talk about his dad. Vergil is a dead beat. Unless Vergil is dead in which case God have mercy on his soul lol.
kid: hey nero wheres your dad?
nero: oh his brother killed him on an evil island where the gate to the demonic realm was bieng opened
kid: ooookay HEY MOM GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME JUST NOW!!!!
kids mom: what?
kid: i met a weirdo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom