• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero Is Vergil's Son ( Confirmed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Seeing as the "ages" were never taken seriously in DMC, personally I wouldn't go with that as proof. After all they say vague things like "Dante is about 18-19 in DMC3" and "DMC4 is about 10 years after DMC1". If they released an official thingy which stated the exact ages seriously, then we'd have something to work for. But using these claims that the creators said in interviews, makes me think they just thought them on the spot, for example: thinking that Dante should be a teenager in DMC3 yet old enough, so let's say he's about 18, and it'll work out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Nero is Vergil's son-theory - though the DMC4 novels supposedly supports it, therefore maybe that's what the developers had in their mind while creating the game - but for me the ages are so messed up that they can't be considered definite proof. Stuff said in interviews are fine, but stuff said inside the game/or just the manual that comes with the game are the proof.

Then again, even in that regard, we do see lots of contradictions - maybe that's one of the reasons for DmC trying to fix all that.

How is DmC gonna fix that?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Not only Nero. I'm guessing (and hoping) that DmCs story will be consistent. That if there would be a DmC2 it would be the continuation of DmC1, not the last game in 4 DmC games. A bit like Assassin's Creed games seem to be doing. Each game has a story of its own, yet still pushes the major story a bit and reveals some stuff, so that when the final game comes, (hopefully) every question will be answered.

As awesome as DMC is, the many unanswered questions that each game give us do not do it justice. And DMC4 was the worst in that regard. It only showered us with more questions about the DMC world. Hell, even the story of the game itself (and not the story of the whole DMC project) isn't complete thanks to Nero's existence.

virgil fan

nero is virgil son i dont believe that didnt virgil die on that island how the world can he have a son where is his wife who knows virgil could be alive and living somewhere i hate that he died poor virgil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom