• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero. Is he really Vergil's son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moseslmpg

How is it realistic for Vergil to be manwhore? Realistically, if he was, he would be paying child support, and appearing on Maury and stuff.

And we know that Dante doesn't want to raise children, nor is he mature enough to raise them. DMC4 and the anime are examples of this. And as for Sparda, as far as we know, the twins were just a hole in the condom.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
moseslmpg;267235 said:
How is it realistic for Vergil to be manwhore? Realistically, if he was, he would be paying child support, and appearing on Maury and stuff.

And we know that Dante doesn't want to raise children, nor is he mature enough to raise them. DMC4 and the anime are examples of this. And as for Sparda, as far as we know, the twins were just a hole in the condom.

Am I not entitled to my theories, or what? I don't see why they are so far-fetched. You just refuse to be objective because you hate the idea of Nero being Vergil's son right-off-the-bat. You won't allow any evidence to prove it.

Believe it, or not, but people DO grow up. Why does every character in this game need to be such a freakin' man-child? I refuse to believe that Sparda wasn't intentionally having children with Eva.

moseslmpg

Cat;267485 said:
Am I not entitled to my theories, or what? I don't see why they are so far-fetched. You just refuse to be objective because you hate the idea of Nero being Vergil's son right-off-the-bat. You won't allow any evidence to prove it.

Believe it, or not, but people DO grow up. Why does every character in this game need to be such a freakin' man-child? I refuse to believe that Sparda wasn't intentionally having children with Eva.
Where are you getting any of this? You're calling me biased when you admit you can't even see the flaws of your own theory? OK... I don't hate the idea of Nero being Vergil's progeny. But him purposefully having him, or having him through sex is unlikely and messy.

I don't see how being mature is equated with spreading one's seed around. I find it more mature and virtuous to refrain from reproducing.

And btw, Vergil would not have been a man-child at the time he produced Nero, he would be at most 18 years old. And Dante pretty much acts like a man-child in DMC4 despite being about 35. So don't blame me for that.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
You know...everyone should think of it this way.

I'm not saying that Nero IS in fact Vergil's son (but I do heavily believe it), but do this

Look at it as if Nero is Vergil's son.

Not as if Vergil is Nero's father.

Nero's character suddenly becomes more interesting, and cooler in my opinion, being Vergil's son. And, seeing as how Nero is a CURRENT character, and Vergil isn't, I think we should look at the situation from Nero's side.

Instead of bashing CAPCOM for dishonoring Vergil in whatever way, we should all concentrate on praising CAPCOM for honoring Nero by allowing him to be Vergil's son.

moseslmpg

That is a novel way to look at it. But I think the only problem is the idea that Vergil had sex with a human woman and had a kid. If Nero is his son in any other way, it is no dishonor to Vergil.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Really, you're right. It's hard to picture Vergil having any kind of romantic, or even impulsive sexual relation with a woman. BUT, as it is, the thought doesn't bother me TOO much. I can deal with it if that's really what CAPCOM says. Although, if that is the case, and they give Vergil a GOOD reason to have a relation with someone in that way...then yippy! I'm happy.

Meg

moseslmpg;267516 said:
That is a novel way to look at it. But I think the only problem is the idea that Vergil had sex with a human woman and had a kid. If Nero is his son in any other way, it is no dishonor to Vergil.

Who says it has to be a human woman? ;)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
No, werewolf silly. :p

But in all seriousness, we don't know for sure that Nero is ONLY half-human. He could be a full demon with a human shell, who isn't fully awakened. We don't know yet.

moseslmpg

That would be interesting, but I don't think Nero fans would go for it. I don't think it is very likely that he is more than half human.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I only think he's 1/4 demon, unless he is, by some chance, older than we all think, and is another Son of Sparda.

Meg

I doubt he's more demon than 1/4 to. I was just throwing ideas around. Nero fans won't go for anything it seems. :dry:

Kalewi

CompleteGlobalSaturation
I don't think that Nero is Vergil's son. Vergil is a man of honor so he would't just have some meaningless sex with some random human woman and he doestn't like humans. And he has lust for power not for women. If Nero is Vergil's son he would be 3/4 demon. Maybe Nero is just random guy who just happens to resemble Sparda and the twins. Maybe Capcom did it just to make fans speculate and think their brains broken...:)

heatlancer

1# Trickster
sparda was cheating on eva is my guess

lol, not to be taken seriously, i just can't think of a good solution
and i imagine them trying to explain it is gonna suck and probabley be too corny

EDIT: or he's sparda's brothers son

devilaX96

Alucard's apprentice
I have some "information"...... http://devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.html ............ and I am really confused 0_o

Warning: I will not be responsible for the feeling and thoughts you are going to have after reading the information in the link above (if you read it).

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Hey, I'm new to this site and I came across this forum. So please be considerate before answering back.

I believe Capcom is feeding false info to those "Die-hard" fans that are hell bent on believing Nero is Vergil's son. I say this because who knows, this could possibly be the distraction they need to do a full 180 and pull something out of their a** to completly suprise us in the end with an unbelievable twist.

There are too many blackholes concerning what happened between DMC3-DMC4. For all we know, Vergil could have knocked up some chick IN a display for power. Higher authority...better goods? If this was the case, it would have to be when Vergil was under Mundus' control...

The point is...if Vergil managed to concieve a child, he'd do it for a means of power only. He's only an item to be used, nothing more, nothing less. Love doesn't even have to be evident to make it happen.

Just a very weird opinion/theory, this is what I thought about when reading other forums I've come across. This is the result of what my imagination conjured up XD

moseslmpg

Who would Vergil be showing his power to by having sex with someone? I don't think love and a real relationship would have to be ruled our per se, but if that did exist, we would have had some hint about it in the main series by now.

Anyway, Nero had to be conceived before DMC3, if Nero is from 17 to 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom