• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero. Is he really Vergil's son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
aoshi;260108 said:
I believe the novel has hinted nero as vergil's son.I think it is not vergil's character to make babies or family as we have seen him in DMC 3. He stabbed arkham for not getting rid of lady. He despises humans. Why would he have a human child?

It did apparently, but I'm not clear whether Vergil's visit to Fortuna was before or after being corrupted. Before, I can't see why he would even bother. He wants power, not wub. After becoming corrupted and getting that power though, who knows?

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Lexy;260262 said:
It did apparently, but I'm not clear whether Vergil's visit to Fortuna was before or after being corrupted. Before, I can't see why he would even bother. He wants power, not wub. After becoming corrupted and getting that power though, who knows?

Yeah but would`nt people run from a tall guy wearing a black armor using a creepy helmet and wielding a giant sword?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Lexy;260262 said:

Well Sanctus was an old geyser with possibly really bad eye sight (I mean if he REALLY saw the four feet length of Yamato he would have kept further away from Nero). Maybe he presumed the articulate man of Sparda's bloodline was Vergil? What if it was actually Sparda? I mean, Sparda's the only one of the devils who did something right with women...Nevan, Eva, etc. I always held the view that Sparda was a Casanova of sorts with way too much passion. And they DO say make love, not war, right? That's just my take on it, though, and very obviously it's just a theory.
But it seems more likely than Vergil going to Fortuna to spend some time in a brothel.

King of Hell

Must Die
he's most likely Vergil's son, he resurrected his father's sword, & they've been hinting at it like crazy. I don't think Sparda would leave Eva & his sons alone to go sleep with another woman 10 years later, knowing that his sons are only children & alone without their mother. & that's presuming he's alive. DMC1 stated "...& continued to preserve Harmony, until his death...", Sparda is dead.
Nero definitely has Sparda's blood, & the closest explanation being Vergil's son, I know Vergil isn't the settling down type, but that doesn't mean he's a virgin, he probably did it with a girl in Fortuna & left.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
King of Hell;260414 said:
I know Vergil isn't the settling down type, but that doesn't mean he's a virgin, he probably did it with a girl in Fortuna & left.

I just can't see him doing that, though. I can't see him getting romantically or intimately involved with a human woman, especially considering his view on humans. Plus, it wouldn't be a very honourable thing to do to sleep with a girl and then leave her when he's done.

But then, who knows? Dante obviously had a libido from hell, Vergil must have been the same. I don't know. It hurts my head thinking about it. I still hold firm that Nero is Sparda's son. Either that or he's Dante's.

King of Hell

Must Die
Dante's son is probably the furthest of the three options, Dante isn't the type to leave his son to be somewhere dangerous. plus, Nero has Vergil's DT shadow behind him, but it could be just the power of the Devil Arm.
Sparda is dead, & even if he wasn't, it was shown that he was madly in love with Eva, & really cares about his sons, he wouldn't leave them alone after their mother died. plus, he kept all his weapons with his children, especially his trademark sword "Sparda".
Vergil is the one that hasn't been around Dante a lot, & he's the one that's been going around everywhere looking for power. Vergil has desires, ya know, hell, nero's mother could be a demon. its not hard to think that Vergil slept with a women (or she-demon) at least once in his life.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
My question is, why do you WANT Nero to be Vergil's son? That'd totally ruin what makes Vergil... Well, Vergil. It's not like him to just go, get laid, and then leave.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^Yes! That's what I've been saying! THANK YOU DT!

King of Hell;260609 said:
its not hard to think that Vergil slept with a women (or she-demon) at least once in his life.

:lol: Actually, it IS really hard for me to think that's a possibility. But each to their own, I guess.

King of Hell

Must Die
we don't know anything about Vergil's personal traits, all we know is that he hungers for power, that doesn't mean he spends all his time reading books & looking for a way to get his father's powers. sure maybe he dedicates a lot of his time to gaining power, but he has a life. we were never shown how he lives his personal life.
its not a question of whether I want Nero to be Vergil's son or not, its just that I don't mind it, whether he is his son or not, I'm ok with it, & him being Vergil's son is the most likely explanation. Nero "inherited" Sparda's power, Sparda's bloodline runs through him, & from the information we have, he probably is Vergil's son.
-Sparda is dead
-Dante would know if he has a son
-the timeframe between DMC3 & DMC4 is almost 20 years
-Nero has both Sparda's & Vergil's traits

if you add all this up, its a pretty good chance that Nero is Vergil's son, but we won't know until its confirmed, I don't trust the novels or anything outside the Video Games canon.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It wouldn't work, though. Nero is 16 or 18. Vergil was 18 in DMC3. That means that Nero had to have been born at that time, or at least conceived.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Vergil would surely have "you know what" sometime on his life, but we all know he would only settle down after achieving ultimate power.

So he wouldnt even think in having a family without power to protect it, and avoid that his sons/ daughters suffer the same that himself and his brother, so is hard for me actually believe that Nero is Vergi son.

King of Hell

Must Die
It wouldn't work, though. Nero is 16 or 18. Vergil was 18 in DMC3. That means that Nero had to have been born at that time, or at least conceived.

that's what I've been saying, he conceived the baby around that time, he doesn't have to know that he did it, for all he knows, he only slept with a woman to please himself.

Vergil would surely have "you know what" sometime on his life, but we all know he would only settle down after achieving ultimate power.

So he wouldnt even think in having a family without power to protect it, and avoid that his sons/ daughters suffer the same that himself and his brother, so is hard for me actually believe that Nero is Vergi son.

like I've been saying, Vergil didn't know he had a son, he did it with a girl & left, she got pregnant & couldn't track him down.

Dragon King

King Of Dragons
Well, I'm new but I would like to add my own theory. This explaination may make more sense than Nero being Vergil or Dante's child or some long lost brother.

We all know sometime before Devil May Cry 4, Nero had sustained an injury that had allowed a demon to infiltrate and change his right arm. And in Agnus' research facility, Nero repaired Yamato and gained a Vergil look-alike Devil Trigger in the form of a Demonic Spirit. And it was suspected that Nero had Sparda blood in him since they were able to bring the Sparda Statue to life using Nero. And it is hinted that Nero is like someone Bael (King of the Fire Hell) knew.

Vergil stayed behind in the demon world in DMC 3 but was killed by Dante in DMC 1. Maybe Demons that die just go into like a "spirit mode". So here is what I propose:

Vergil, as a spirit, returned to the Human World and infected Nero's arm with his demonic presence. This changed Nero's arm to a demonic looking thing that has the blood of Sparda inside the arm thanks to Vergil (thus giving Nero some of Vergil's character traits). Because Yamato belonged to Vergil, when Nero was in the lab, Vergil was able to repair Yamato and summon the sword to Nero's grasp. Now Vergil can achieve his Devil Trigger state at Nero's command, but since Vergil is dead, he can only appear as a Demonic Spirit rather than take on a real physical form. So I'm saying Nero isn't related to Sparda but because of Vergil's presence in his arm the blood of sparda flows through him.

May sound crazy but makes more sense to me. Please don't attack me or anything, lol.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I still think Vergil had forced himself into such a demons mindset not only did he see the idea of a family as a silly distraction he also saw sex as a weakness of men and overcame it.

Don't certain people practise celibacy as part of their religion? Why couldn't a mighty son of Sparda ignore his urges?
The way I see is Vergil saw himself as a demon and demons only care for one thing, power and control.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^I fully agree with that, actually. Lots of people are naturally asexual, and seeing as Dante and Vergil are polar opposites, it's possible that Vergil doesn't have that drive in him. He's not exactly warm-blooded, going on his personality alone, so I don't see any reason why it would interest him in the least. He was power-hungry. Besides, considering all the time and effort he must have put into getting everything 'perfect' in DMC3, I don't think having fun with a woman of any calibre had ever crossed his mind. He was clearly a bit pre-occupied. If the manga is canon, it was a lifelong goal of Vergil's to open the portal to the demon realm, seeing as that took place a year before the events of DMC3, and even then he'd been hellbent on getting Dante's amulet to accomplish his goal.

Dragon King;261193 said:
Well, I'm new but I would like to add my own theory. This explaination may make more sense than Nero being Vergil or Dante's child or some long lost brother.

We all know sometime before Devil May Cry 4, Nero had sustained an injury that had allowed a demon to infiltrate and change his right arm. And in Agnus' research facility, Nero repaired Yamato and gained a Vergil look-alike Devil Trigger in the form of a Demonic Spirit. And it was suspected that Nero had Sparda blood in him since they were able to bring the Sparda Statue to life using Nero. And it is hinted that Nero is like someone Bael (King of the Fire Hell) knew.

Vergil stayed behind in the demon world in DMC 3 but was killed by Dante in DMC 1. Maybe Demons that die just go into like a "spirit mode". So here is what I propose:

Vergil, as a spirit, returned to the Human World and infected Nero's arm with his demonic presence. This changed Nero's arm to a demonic looking thing that has the blood of Sparda inside the arm thanks to Vergil (thus giving Nero some of Vergil's character traits). Because Yamato belonged to Vergil, when Nero was in the lab, Vergil was able to repair Yamato and summon the sword to Nero's grasp. Now Vergil can achieve his Devil Trigger state at Nero's command, but since Vergil is dead, he can only appear as a Demonic Spirit rather than take on a real physical form. So I'm saying Nero isn't related to Sparda but because of Vergil's presence in his arm the blood of sparda flows through him.

May sound crazy but makes more sense to me. Please don't attack me or anything, lol.

I'm going to run with your theory because I think it's a good one. Haven't we seen time and time again how the nutters somehow manage to get demon DNA into their bodies to start the transformation process into a demon? So, what if the Order used demonic tissue to mend Nero's arm after his injury, and that specific tissue just so happened to be of Vergil? I know it sounds gross, but c'mon we're talking DMC here. Nero might not be related to Sparda at all, and he just happens to have picked up a strand of DNA from the Sparda bloodline that changed him? I mean, all the other Knights were clearly demonic - how else could they have become demonic without somehow getting demon blood into them?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah, true. I think those knights were demons disguising themselves, though.

But the Order using Nero as a guinea pig doesn't seem too far off. They're pretty messed up, BUT then again, why did Agnus seem so interested in Nero's arm if he should've already known about it?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Because it only activated when Dante came into the picture? If they'd known they were putting Sparda's blood into Nero, I'm sure they would have kept a closer eye on him, and they probably would have rather used it on themselves than on some wayward kid.

Dragon King

King Of Dragons
Well they did decide to use Nero after failing to get Dante so I'm sure they knew to some extent Nero had Sparda blood. but the exact extent was unknown to Agnus but Credo apparently did know since he didn't deny it when Agnus came bursting into the Order's Chamber yelling at Credo that he knew Nero had Demonic Power. Also when Nero beat Credo, Credo said: "You have gotten stronger". Not really being surprised by Nero's arm.

Also when his Devil Trigger was activated the first time, what he said kind of gives a way that he wasn't a demon until then.

"From that day forth.. my arm change. A voice echoed 'Power! give me more power!' and IF I BECOME A DEMON, SO BE IT I will endure the exile. Anything to Protect her!"

King of Hell

Must Die
Dragon King's theory was the first thing I thought about, but Nero being found as a kid...etc, it suggests his origin is unknown, that's usually called a plot device, not something random.
Agnus never made any experiment on Nero, he didn't even know he had demonic power, Credo might have known Nero had demonic power, but Sanctus definitely knew he had the blood of Sparda.
Vergil's isn't asexual, we've never seen anything he does in his personal life, we can never tell whether he likes girls or boys, whether he has sex or not, but since its unknown, & Nero has Sparda's blood, & its been hinted to death in DMC4, its the closest thing we could go with Nero's origin, I really can't think of any other theory that makes sense. the other theory that makes sense is only the arm being Vergil's, but I don't think Nero being found as a kid means nothing, those plot devices usually tell that this kid's origin is important.
other than that, I don't think Nero being Dante or Sparda's son makes any sense, & since every possible theory has been talked to death, I haven't read any other theory that doesn't create any plot hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom