• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero instead of DmC Dante?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
If the choice was nero or emo. Nero hands down.
142893%20-%20animated%20fluttershy%20gtfo%20some_pony.gif

I've told you once and I will tell you again, use facts before you accuse a character of being emo

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
His weapons are the only thing BA.
I think the combat look good too. Its not as complex and confusing as dmc4. And also we know nothing about neoDante. Do you think wearing regular clothes and a hooded jacket makes you emo? I don't think so at all. Nero was crying through out the whole game (well half the game) and he was wearing the same thing neoDante was wearing. The difference is Nero was crying over a girl the whole game. And with neoDante, we know nada.
neoDante may look like a past emo character but thats all we have to base it on.

Railazel

For those of you who vote DmC Dante, I must remind you that Nero was probably a better character than everyone except Dante, Vergil, Lucia, Trish, and Lady, he just needs a some depth. Plus, he's a plothole, plotholes need to be filled somehow.

May I also remind you that DmC has no plot relevance whatsoever and doesn't add much that nobody didn't know or theorize already. Almost all of it seems cosmetic so far.

So, utilizing this chance to add more depth to Nero's character by just replacing the new Dante with him and you have another one of DMC's greats. I guarantee it.

Tiran

The great pretender.
If the choice was nero or emo. Nero hands down.
Um, Nero was emo. Very emo. His lack of fight even disappointed Dante's expectation of him based on his potential. Also, during the title screen when the montage of images flashes by and we see the title flash up on a black background we hear what we should NEVER hear in a game like this: Nero scream his girlfriends name. The words DEVIL MAY CRY 4 and the protagonist screeching... Kyrieeeee!!!! Sums up the whole game. They call this new game 'Twilight.may cry'?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Um, Nero was emo. Very emo. His lack of fight even disappointed Dante's expectation of him based on his potential. Also, during the title screen when the montage of images flashes by and we see the title flash up on a black background we hear what we should NEVER hear in a game like this: Nero scream his girlfriends name. The words DEVIL MAY CRY 4 and the protagonist screeching... Kyrieeeee!!!! Sums up the whole game. They call this new game 'Twilight.may cry'?

No. Not emo. Realistic. If YOU were an 18 year old kid who had just gone through hell and back trying to get your girlfriend and failed not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES, you'd cry too. I know I would.

I hate how if any character actually full-out cries in a game nowadays they're branded emo without so much as a second thought... Dante is actually a less realistic character because he bottles his emotions up. It makes him seem hokey.

Tiran

The great pretender.
No. Not emo. Realistic. If YOU were an 18 year old kid who had just gone through hell and back trying to get your girlfriend and failed not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES, you'd cry too. I know I would.

I hate how if any character actually full-out cries in a game nowadays they're branded emo without so much as a second thought... Dante is actually a less realistic character because he bottles his emotions up. It makes him seem hokey.

Have you ever seen the film 'Frantic' Same premise, but Harrison Ford shows genuine love and concern, fear, rage, sadness, hope, all with out falling to his knees and full on five-year-old throat crying and throwing fits. Also, he never gives up. Even though his WIFE could very well be dead. Dante is hokey, yes, but Nero goes too far the other way. Remember the crying in Spider-man 3? Unnecessary. Nero should have showed emotional determination and growing ferocity.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Have you ever seen the film 'Frantic' Same premise, but Harrison Ford shows genuine love and concern, fear, rage, sadness, hope, all with out falling to his knees and full on five-year-old throat crying and throwing fits. Also, he never gives up. Even though his WIFE could very well be dead. Dante is hokey, yes, but Nero goes too far the other way. Remember the crying in Spider-man 3? Unnecessary. Nero should have showed emotional determination and growing ferocity.
The difference is Harrison Ford is Harrison Ford, he shot Darth vader's tie fighter, had a fist fight on a plane, got into a chase with a boulder, met face to face with Hitler.

He's too badass to fall to his knees, there are only 4 actors more badass then him , Peter Weller, Sly Stallone, Al Pacino, Arnold Schwarzennegger

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Nero actually cries maybe twice in the game. He spends a lot of time screaming Kyrie's name while trying to save her but that is a compleatly different thing and did everyone forget the part where no matter what happened Nero kept going until he saved Kyrie, killed Sanctus and crushed the Savior's head. That is not in any way "emo" behavior.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
As long as they dont reboot Nero to the point of New Dante, then everythin should be-a fine.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't call either of them emo nor trust fans when they call people emo since they use it too often for it to have any meaning.

Nero suffers from disinterest as capcom poorly handled his debut and made a bad first impression so fans dont really care anymore.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Nero suffers from disinterest as capcom poorly handled his debut and made a bad first impression so fans dont really care anymore.
That what it seems like. This might be what capcom thinks, but in reality, There are plenty of Nero fans. This thread is just a small example. (I being one of them.)
I compleatly agree with the emo part though. :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That what it seems like. This might be what capcom thinks, but in reality, There are plenty of Nero fans. This thread is just a small example. (I being one of them.)
I compleatly agree with the emo part though. :D

I'm a fan of Nero too. I enjoyed how his combat handled, and he made it very easy to string together impressive looking combos without losing any difficulty in the combat itself. And as a character I find him very believable. Would I have cried like that if I lost the love of my life after trying so hard to get to her, and being that close? Yes. I would. Just as much as Nero had.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I'm a fan of Nero too. I enjoyed how his combat handled, and he made it very easy to string together impressive looking combos without losing any difficulty in the combat itself. And as a character I find him very believable. Would I have cried like that if I lost the love of my life after trying so hard to get to her, and being that close? Yes. I would. Just as much as Nero had.
Nero added a love story to the franchise, and it actually made the series stronger. It gave it raw, unwavering emotion, and thats what really sold me.

ZeroLove

There are many different opinions about Devil May Cry 4 and Nero. I didn't like either that much. Nero as a character wasn't a strong point in the game, imo. Call him emo, call him whatever, I call him a crybaby and I do not like my protagonists to be like that. That's a personal preference, I just think it weakens the game's storyplot. speaking of which, the storyplot was interesting, a nice take on a new angle: Humans worshipping demons and wish to become like them. However, I only liked Dante's point of view in this game and because it was so short, it gave the game another weakpoint.

Now we got Dante back, the main protagonist of the series, though in a new form. Ninja Theory have to work really hard on keeping him in character and yet change enough to make him fit into their new scenario, their vision of Devil May Cry. The essentials seem to still be there, but we have only seen them scratch the surface of his character. I just hope they don't f*ck it up, but I would MUCH rather have the new Dante than another game with Nero.

Top Bottom