• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero instead of DmC Dante?

Demonic Skeleton

Just a Devil Hunter.
If you could trade DmC for a game where Nero would be the main character but Dante wouldn't appear at all would you? I honestly wouldn't because I want to see how DmC turns out.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Good god that's a tough choice. I really like the art direction DmC was going in, but I'd love to play a game that's all-Nero...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Why trade? If I had the money (and free space on the ps3 hard drive) I'd get both. Nero's Adventures could be a nice spin off. It's not that Nero was bad, it was that he was presented awfully. Other than that he's pretty easy and fun to play, so yeah.

Domenic93

Nero hands down. it would have given us some background for him, and he would have been able to not make the game seem like a romance action movie

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I like the direction DmC is going in but Nero really needs more attention from Capcom and some form of logical explanation for who he is. so if I had choose between the two I would choose Nero. It would be better if Capocom finished DmC and then made DMC5 with Nero.

ReRave

smug jerk
Well, actually I would've preferredt a Nero-game. But Capcom would have to be far away from the developement of it. Also, don't let Platinum Games near your franchises.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Neither, Make it star Robocop
images

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Is it bad that I'd actually play that, if only for the lulz?
I would play that for more than just the lulz, but no. Really I enjoyed the Robocop movies so I would love the F*ck out of a decent game starring him (The fps never happened, the NES and SNES games did, but the First Person shooter never happened)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think i did a thread that was about something similar.

well i probably wouldn't support a game on nero until i know they can deliver plus i rather see dmc5 focus on the whole cast rather than just be a spin off for someone. I rather they prove they can handle the cast as a whole rather than see a character centered spin off.

I think its still too early for a nero centered spin off as people arent as warm to him so i would bench him for now.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I would still choose DmC Dante. Nero's cool but he seems just to Dante in the anime cliche department. Bishonen, anime-esque clothes, and corny lines. New Dante looks more American looking with his look, with a mixture of anime-esque. Like America/ England's version of anime clothes. DmC Dante isn't bishonen and I like that. I don't want the character being drop dead good-looking since that mask the fact he's a bad ass devil hunter. So yeah; New Dante FTW with me.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
If Nero had been his own character I'd be fine with it.

It would also help if his story was better.

But it doesn't really seem that the creators cared much for him.

I'd much rather play a game featuring a character the creators care about.

Dante47

If there's one thing Ninja Theory does, is that they care and develop their characters. DmC Dante without a doubt.

lets rock baby

This is what dante is and always will be
Either nero or this DmC dante. I'd have to go with Nero only because you would be getting info on Vergil since Nero now has yamoto with Vergil's DT. So that might be kinda cool. Maybe Nero would get some of Vergils memories and visions from when he was a kid, playing with dante, and leading up to turning into Nelo Angelo. Could have possibilities.

Top Bottom