• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero - Devil Trigger

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Will Nero gain full Devil Trigger in this game?

I hope the spirit doesn't come back and Nero becomes full cambion somehow. I want him the same DT level as Dante & Vergil.

Keaton

Premium
My understanding is that you need an awakened Devil Arm to achieve DT: which, currently Nero doesn't have (as of DMC4) - but concidering the trailer was focused around Nero and had the theme song "Devil Trigger": I'd say it's likely.

Though time will tell.

Edit: Excluding Yamato, which was never really his.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Most likely he'll get a (watered down) DT by Mission 7 as is tradition and then during either the final mission or the final fight he'll regain either the Devil Bringer and/or Yamato and he'll awaken his true DT.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
As cool as it would be I think it unreasonable or reaching "to far" to want him to have a DT on the same level as Dante and Vergil, fact is he is only a quarter Demon which means logically there would be no way for him to have a DT that rivals theirs in the slightest since his demon blood is even more watered down than Dante's and Vergil's, he may get a partial transformation DT but anything other than that is most likely not going to happen.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
As cool as it would be I think it unreasonable or reaching "to far" to want him to have a DT on the same level as Dante and Vergil, fact is he is only a quarter Demon which means logically there would be no way for him to have a DT that rivals theirs in the slightest since his demon blood is even more watered down than Dante's and Vergil's, he may get a partial transformation DT but anything other than that is most likely not going to happen.
Normally I'd agree with you, but the fact that Nero's entire arm got stuck in a permanent demonic form after his demonic blood awakened suggests the opposite and that Nero's blood might be even more potent than Dante/Vergil's.

It's mainly why a lot of my sequel ideas involving Nero had him looking for a way to halt the spread of his Devil Bringer across his entire body. :tongue:

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Normally I'd agree with you, but the fact that Nero's entire arm got stuck in a permanent demonic form after his demonic blood awakened suggests the opposite and that Nero's blood might be even more potent than Dante/Vergil's.

I

See I think the opposite, his weakened blood can only manifest his demonic power through his arm rather than his entire body, this is supported by him not even having a true DT form and the entirety of it depending on his arm and Yamato, everything points to him not having the level of Demonic power of Dante or Vergil considering his Demonic side is shown to be far more nerfed that even Dante's back in DMC3 which was when he first awakened his powers as well.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
fact is he is only a quarter Demon which means logically there would be no way for him to have a DT that rivals theirs

Who knows? Dante is only half demon and his power has been said to surpass even Sparda's.

The series implies that a compassionate heart is the true source of power for a demon, rather than their own blood.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Who knows? Dante is only half demon and his power has been said to surpass even Sparda's.

No one is saying that he should not be powerful, obviously he is more powerful than most demons despite him being a quarter Demon since the events of DMC4 clearly shows his power, what I am saying is that visually he is not going to manifest many demonic features as in full on Devil Trigger since he has less of the blood to work with than Dante and Vergil.

Fact is he is mostly human by bloodline being only a quarter demon as such visually it makes sense that only his arm would be demonic since he has less to pull from than Vergil or Dante who are half and half demon and human.

ShiningTempest

Some rumors say that he would get back Yamato down the middle of his campaign.
Thats when he should get his DT back.

As for him being 1/4 Sparda, that should not matter because he could do that in DMC4 anyway.
And there was never a clear explanation as how much Sparda you need to be to transform.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The series implies that a compassionate heart is the true source of power for a demon
I don't think that's true. Most of the powerful demons you encounter lack that compasion so it's rather evident that it's not a requirement for power. It's something that Dante prides himself in and something he associates with his father but I don't think it's what 'fuels' him, and I specially think it doesn't grand demons their powers. Brad is the only other demon with anything of that sort and he's very mediocre.

Anyway, in terms of the DT, there is always the possibility that they'll replace it with another mechanic, like the special functions of each arm. If they do keep it then his appearance might not actually change. Everyone assumed that the ghost behind Nero was Vergil but according to the art book it's actually Nero, or, more specifically, if I'm remembering this right, the way he envisions himself as a demon. From his hand he thinks he will eventually be turned into that form completely.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't think that's true. Most of the powerful demons you encounter lack that compasion so it's rather evident that it's not a requirement for power.

Not the only one, for sure. But the series, DMC4 especially, puts emphasis on the fact... Well, fact is not the right word... The idea that a compassionate heart combined with your inherent demonic power is what allows people like Dante and Nero to greatly overcome powerful pure demons that, by the blood logic, should actually be much stronger than them, having no trace of human blood diluting their demonic one.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
What if Vitale is Brad's child?
Too old. The anime takes place between DMC1 and 4 and DMC5 is only a few years after. For the sake of argument let's say that's at most 12 years, and I think that's being rather generous. That would mean V is somewhere around 11 and 3 months or so. Besides, didn't they say that V is related or connected to Nico and her family?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
^ Also, since Morrison is black now I'm guessing that sorta retcons the anime out of canon? Or at least relegates it to a case of "kinda happened but in broad strokes" sorta deal?

But either way, I seriously doubt they'd bring Brad back, the fact that they're acknowledging the anime at all by putting a version of Morrison in DMC5 is nothing short of a small miracle.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Given that Nero did have a devil trigger in the dmc4 concept art, its a possibility he might get one in DMCV.

I mean the theme song is called Devil trigger after all.:cool:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I wish there was a way to get Nero a full Devil Trigger without the spirit.

He'd have to get his Devil Bringer back in order to gain his full potential.

DMC

Devil May Cry
Maybe nero's DT is just glowing red eyes and just an aura... I mean he is just a quarter demon... He probably attack quicker and move faster in his DT form... I have a feeling he wont get his arm back... But still has demon blood in him...

Top Bottom