• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero could have hurt Dante

Evil Nero

In DMC4 , i've seen two signs that signifiy that Dante had a hard time with Nero.

1. First fight scene
When Nero is punching the hell out of Dante's face , his devil trigger reacts. When you play a character in automatic mode , your DT automatically comes on when your low on health , plus in DMC2 , Dante has his majin form when low on health. So this could be proof that Dante could have been hurt from Nero's attack.

2. Mission 11
In the cutscene where Dante has pinned Nero down , he is breathing heavily. Even in the cutscene with Dante and the Savior , Dante isn't out of breath at all.

I know for a fact that Dante is a hell of a lot stronger then Nero but even Dante said he underestimated Nero's strength.

Nero has serious potential and I think it will be shown in DMC5.

I'll probably get proven wrong for saying this as a LOT of people hate Nero but i'll still happily fight back ;)

Keaton

Premium
I think Nero suprised Dante, and Nero is the only character in DMC4 who has potencial to beat Dante (it would never happen). But I agree, perhaps Dante was'nt hurt but perhaps it gave Dante a taste of what he has in DMC, fighting Virgil he was at his peek and maybe in 4 he was reminded of it which is why he was out of breath, his heart was racing because if the excitement that someone who could offer him a challenge existed... although Nero hasn't acheived his true potencial yet, Dante must have an idea of how powerful he could get?

Evil Nero

Maybe.
I don't think Dante would have been excited whilst getting punched in the head numeres times :p
I generally think that he was getting hurt then because , come on , it was the same devil bringer which took down the face of a giant god-like statue.

You do have a point on the "out of breath" bit but I don't think that is the actual reason he was out of breath. You gave a good speculation of it though!

Sparda™

At Evil Nero: It's not about how much will you fight back. If you raise imaginary points, then, It's pointless.

Correct me If I'm wrong, but Dante's exact words after being impaled by his own sword on Sparda's statue were...

"I'd go as far as to say I underestimated you" - meaning that he would go at that point, but he didn't.

In the second battle, Nero didn't even give Dante a hard time.

You have to understand Dante was just mocking with the kid all the game along. If Dante would've used 0.1% of his growing powers, Devil May Cry 4 wouldn't have Nero at all...

At Keaton: The only person that can take down Dante is his father Sparda.

Evil Nero

This forum is full of imaginary points.
But instead of telling me Dante was mocking with him ,
explain why he went to his DT when Nero was punching him and why Dante was out of breath?
only then will i heed to you :p

Sparda™

Evil Nero;101354 said:
This forum is full of imaginary points.
But instead of telling me Dante was mocking with him ,
explain why he went to his DT when Nero was punching him and why Dante was out of breath?
only then will i heed to you :p

Adrenaline rush?! It's a fight, dude. It's not a ride to the park.

The Devil Bringer is a demonic origin weapon. If you saw that cutscene with such detail, you saw the reaction of Nero's arm when Dante stingered him. It's a side-reaction, not what you think It is.

Realize this: Dante>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..........................Nero.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Some really good points, Evil Nero. I love a good theory! +rep

Evil Nero

Why would you have an adrenaline rush when your mocking someone?
If your mocking someone , you just think "I don't even need to try" and hardly make the effort to fight.

side-reaction? Nero locked blade's with Berial with the tip of his sword.
Maybe , just maybe , it was Nero himself reacting knowing what his arm can can do.

And with knowing what his arm can do , he used to throw fists at Dante.

Of course its a demon-origin , i know that , but thats like saying Dante can't control his DT.

I'm just gonna stop arguing and say your right. You obviously know more than me and I respect that =]

Evil Nero

oh , just read that and it sounds patronizing :s
just saying I meant what I said about you , man =]

Sparda™

It's not about how much I know. It's a reaction which happens. Dante didn't even get a scratch after that 'beating'. He walked in, killed some demons, had an adrenaline fight with Nero, and then explained to the kid to watch his back, leaving with the saying:

"Business beckons!" and the famous "Adios, kid!"

Evil Nero

i agree. The same reaction that happens when your in low health when playing a character on automatic mode.
=]
He doesn't look like he's having an adrenaline rush. He looks chilled actually.
Plus he sounds like he's taken back when Nero grabs his leg.
His DT reacts , not the arm. He didn't intentionally activate it like you do in game , it triggered because hes getting hurt.
We all know Dante can recover fast from things like when Alastor pierced him , that hurt him then but he was perfectly alright afterwards.
I'm not saying it permantly put a scratch on him , im saying Nero could have hurt him.
In this game , fights can be a walk in the park. Trish as Gloria when shes fighting the scarecrow arms/legs , DMC3 opening scene , there all done effortlessly. Dante wasn;t having an adrenaline rush , he never does unless hes trying his best. Its obvious.

Sparda™

Adrenaline is not as obvious as he'd be like "Whoa! I like this fight.". He has started to be calm and cool. He says some of his signature quotes, however.

"So, you lookin' to play, huh?! Alright! I guess I have some time to kill."

Evil Nero

The quotes tell me that he wasn't expecting what Nero was going to do.
The quotes couls also be his way of hiding that hes hurt , not many people talk normaly when pulling a sword out of his torso.
Dante ain't invincible , I just think Nero did hurt him as most people say he wasn't using all of his power , isn't that just a bigger reason to say he could have been hurt?
oh , by the way , NICE SIG'S!!!!

Sparda™

Until Dante stingered Nero, and he protected himself putting his demonic arm against the Rebellion, Dante didn't knew he was a demon, or at least, a half-demon.

That's why after knowing this, he let his guard off and checked the true potential of the kid. Dante says those quotes because he mocks his adversaries on duels and fights, not because he's hurt.

Thanks for the signatures' compliment!^_^

Evil Nero

Tis a pleasure me good sir =)
Anyway , there only theories , I still think Nero kicks so much butt!

oh! and you have to tell me how you do those sigs! there incredible!

Sparda™

^ Nero kicks butt, but those below Dante, not him.;)

As for the signatures, they can't be taught but learned by yourself only.^_^

Sparda™

That's called teaching. I can't teach you how to make signatures. Told you that at the post above yours.^_^

And no more off topic.

Lady_

Order Of R.L.C.
hehe nice theories guys. But I kinda have both of your opinions mixed. At the first battle, the situation with Dantes Devil Trigger... I think it hurts being hit with great strenght on the face, yeah Dante felt pain and his DT reacted. Still, he wasn`t fighting back, just endured it. If he wanted to, he would just cut of Neros arm with Rebellion and so on.

(sorry for offtopic xD. Yeah, our Dante is talented at it. But... you need to become even more better and you do, I noticed it ;) )

Top Bottom