• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero & continuing the story moving forward (spoiler heavy)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
So Nero is probably going to be the focus from now on BUT he still needs to have other supporting characters. Do you want to just get rid of Trish and Lady just because they’re more linked to Dante?

Dante has left them behind before. Didn’t hesitate to in DMC 2. Didn’t hesitate to in DMC 5. They practically alluded to the point that Dante is trusting things to Nero on this end.

Kyrie and Nico aren’t going to do anything when it comes to smacking demons around and Lucia has been MIA for 11 years now. So are we to introduce a whole new cast entirely because nothing about DMC fits with Nero?

That literally makes no sense at all. Nero is the only one strong enough to lead from here on out. There’s absolutely no harm in giving him one game to truly shine in.

DMC 4 should’ve been the game to do that but they threw Dante in just for the sake of not ****ing off the fans.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That's not what we are saying , we are saying if Nero wants to step out from Dante's shadow

How can him having Trish and lady as partners not make him a copy again

Or him running Dante's shop

Dante and Trish have history, Dante and lady have history and all 3 are associated with each other

Neither Trish or lady have had any major story or association with Nero other than him being acquainted with them, so why would they stick around just to fight demons with him.Dante beat urizen and all the big baddies and trusted Nero to take care of the human world by himself

Nobody is saying get rid of lady and Trish , but them working with Nero just makes him another Dante

He has Nico and Kyrie , should we keep lady and Trish in games as part.of the furniture just for fan service?

Shouldn't he establish his own devil hunting team and do his own thing with new characters, look how popular Nico has been and she is brand new

Hey look I ain't gonna dispute with anyone here lol , each to their own and all that

Just don't personally see the point in keeping Trish and lady around Nero just because it's what people know and are used to

Change has to come about if Dante ain't going to be a fixture anymore

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
But that really doesn’t make any sense to me whatsoever. Trish, Lady and Nero are all an established part of the franchise. Devil May Cry is no longer JUST Dante. It was run by Dante only in DMC 3 and then he became friends with Lady. In DMC 1 after the events on Mallet Island he changed the name briefly and was partnered with Trish. Since then he’s gone on to make friends with Lucia and now he has a nephew, Nero.

Why would Lady and Trish simply ditch Nero just because Dante is no longer around? I’m simply talking about 1 game where they have Nero, Lucia, a new character, Nico, Kyrie, Trish and Lady.

Yes they were a part of Dante’s “team” but they are all friends/associates. And I think Trish especially would want to keep an eye on Nero considering he’s Dante’s nephew.

Devil May Cry is a demon slayer, devil hunting, kick-your-ass-if-you-mess-with-humanity establishment. Every character related to it has significance and they need to stick together as a team to conquer demonic threats.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Where is it ever shown that lady and Trish Hung out with Nero , went on jobs with him or bonded with him?

Wasn't shown in games or in novels or in any canon

Why now would they suddenly become on such good terms with him that they become his partners

Especially since they themselves work solo already and only paired up with Dante when absolutely necessary

It makes even less sense to me that they would just say oh f it , Dante isn't around let's just hang out with nero and go on jobs with him when we barely know him at all and have no connection with him or history with him

Also never said they would ditch him , I said they could be there for cameos but being part of his team just doesn't sit right in my opinion

I respect what you are saying though

Il check in later , really gotta get stuck back into work or I'll be here til 10pm if I keep stopping to come in here lol

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@LordOfDarkness
My concern is whether or not Lady/Trish will be used well as Nero's supporting cast. I'm skeptical because they haven't had a good showing as a part of Dante's supporting cast and I'm not sure that would change by them hanging out with Nero. Whether or not they're close doesn't matter because you could play with that or use that as an excuse for easy exposition.

You don't get the sense Bingo knows what to do with them after their initial debut so it's preferable they don't be wasted as background fluff.

That could change but we're understandably skeptical.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You guys completely misunderstood my point. I wasn’t trying to say let’s have them hang out with Nero. I was getting at the fact that they are still a part of the team. You know on this side of things (the human world) they are still both partners of the Devil May Cry team. They don’t have to be up Nero’s ass 24/7 hanging out with the dude and **** but they are still associates and if the situation called for their assistance I’m pretty sure they would lend a hand because they’re all in it to kick demon ass.

That’s literally all I was trying to get across. They don’t have to really know the guy either but they’re all in the same boat and killing demons is their job it’s what they are known to do so getting to know him wouldn’t hurt. He is Vergil’s son and Dante’s nephew after all so they are still all on friendly terms and acquaintances.

What is annoying me is that if Lady and Trish weren’t portrayed as so bloody useless in DMC 5 then nobody would be saying “We don’t really need them around”. The only game that neither of them were in in the entire series was DMC 2. Okay you could play as Trish in 2 but she wasn’t in any of the story or anything. What is my point? Well they’ve basically been there since the start of it all. Yeah they’ve usually taken a back role and stuff and they’re not as strong as Dante not even close but he regards them as tough as they’ve always stuck by him. Dante now trusts Nero to keep things safe whilst he’s gone and Nero is more powerful than Lady and Trish so at the moment as far as we know Nero is top dog when it comes to who is strongest unless there is a stronger demon out there which I very much doubt. Dante seems to have a lot of faith in Nero and that’s enough to convince me that nothing else is going to get past him not without the fight of their lives.

And if I was the strongest and essentially in charge of things whilst Dante was away then I would use all of his resources, weapons/inventory and acquaintances at my disposal to ensure that NOTHING threatened humanity.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ya i get what you are saying , but I still think seeing Trish and lady interact with Nero in cutscenes like he is Dante 2.0 with light flirtatious and sarcastic vibes

Would honestly make me cringe

Be like having Kyrie hangout at the DMC office if Nero was in hell instead of Dante

It's just weird lol , I can't articulate why it unhinges me

But it does , also cameos works the same with the idea you are speaking of lod

They can be there in cutscenes and have them shown in the cameo system off in the distance in dmc6

Maybe playable in bloody palace

But keeping them away from the main story is not going to harm it either , just like Nero forming his own team won't harm the series either

Change is scary but often enough new characters and teams get a warm reception after people experience them

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about new hunters joining Nero? Like say a blind hunter, a werechimera type hunter, a monk and a female stealth contortionist.

AngelEyes

Dressed To Kill
Would Dante have a son though considering (a) the lack of Capcom's desire to to anything that changes characters or makes them settle down at all, and (b) the risk that the uh... seed of Dante poses. I doubt he wants to grow up or deal with rogue kids running about.

DMC5 leaves a few possibilities but the main takeaway is that the series has room for some crazy science fiction gizmos like rocket punches and whatever else. This leans into the idea of human protagonists that have abilities like this. I'm thinking Nico and Lady cybernetic super adventure. Nero can come too I guess.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well judging off the breakers it very well could be , although fortuna made it look like it was still in the 20th century ha

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well judging off the breakers it very well could be , although fortuna made it look like it was still in the 20th century ha

Yeah I’m not sure because they said back in the day that DMC 2 was set in the future but then they said DMC 4 actually comes after 2 and Dante wasn’t ridiculously older in 2 like everyone kept saying back then. I heard people before saying he was probably 40 in DMC 2 and that’s not the case as he’s only 44/45 in DMC 5.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That's what retcons do ha ha

It was said before that Dante has longevity though , he ages like a human but thanks to his regeneration it will take him a long long ass time to actually get old , and die

Also if he stayed in demon form he would be immortal, which is cool

AngelEyes

Dressed To Kill
Here's the scene - Nico rocks up with the van from somewhere off camera, Lady struts out and unhooks the Kalina Ann except it breaks in half and forms 2 devil breakers one on each hand. Part bazooka part combat knife, plus the grapple hook of course. MkIII. Trish swoops in with ... I don't know like a demon robot mixup with wings. Up ahead Mundus is growing back into another greek statue looking thing. The gang looks at each other as if to say "ugh more daddy issues". Yeah I hate this idea already.

Last edited:
Top Bottom