• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nelo Angelo's Sword

Zato-OW

King
Theres no real proof of it. We can only go by speculation. Plus if we are going by DMC3:SE then when he switches to the Beowulf he should wear some type of DA/weapon for it but instead he just switches into a martial arts style or w/e. Some people believe the Yamato was broken after Vergil fought with Mundus at the entrance of the Demon World and it was left there and Agnus used the Hell gate to retrieve DA's and he just so happen to run into it. Plus how did the actual sword break and the sheath didn't. If i recall he drops the sheath right before he charges for Mundus.

Sparda™

^ It is mostly believed It is that way, Zato. No matter how much we could go through that. The place where he charges to Mundus, is the Room of the Fallen Ones, a hint where Vergil falls to Mundus' corruption and is turned in Nelo Angelo.

Bringerofchaos;95650 said:
THANK YOU!

REP+

Thanks! LOL

slapsus

Zato-OW;95656 said:
Theres no real proof of it. We can only go by speculation. Plus if we are going by DMC3:SE then when he switches to the Beowulf he should wear some type of DA/weapon for it but instead he just switches into a martial arts style or w/e. Some people believe the Yamato was broken after Vergil fought with Mundus at the entrance of the Demon World and it was left there and Agnus used the Hell gate to retrieve DA's and he just so happen to run into it. Plus how did the actual sword break and the sheath didn't. If i recall he drops the sheath right before he charges for Mundus.

good point Zato :lol:

never noticed he dropped the sheath when he charged Mundus

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I don't really think there's any denying it, Nelo's sword is the corrupt form of Yamato, I don't think Capcom would intentionally make Yamato turn into Nelo's Zweihander while in Corrupt Vergil's devil trigger, it would just cause too much confusion.

Besides, given Vergil's attitude and his connection to Yamato, corrupted or not, I don't think Vergil would relinquish his prized and most powerful weapon, it's just not in his nature, even when under Mundus' influence, a part of him still remained, the part that held back on Dante, so he clearly remembered something of his past, and as such, his pride.

Given that, there's no way he'd give up Yamato, more likely it would become corrupt along with him.

Lady_

Order Of R.L.C.
I think Yamato broke by itself... because of Vergil, who gave up the "good site" and turned to mundus, the foe of his father. Maybe it was... kinda... dissapointed.
Yamato broke by itself, because it restored by itself in the 4th part. Maybe Nero ( we still dont know if he is Sparda or Vergil) gave a sign to it. If it would be Vergil, it could be that Yamato "believed" that Vergil is "the good one" now, or if it would be Sparda, then Yamato recognized its maker.
But it was just my opinion :D.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
Angelo Credo;95630 said:
In Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, the Yamato transforms into Nelo Angelo's zweihänder when in Devil Trigger for Vergil's "Corrupt Vergil" or "Super Corrupt Vergil" costumes.

This reskin in Devil Trigger gives plenty evidence to prove that when Vergil was turned by Mundus, Yamato was corrupted along with Vergil.

I agree... IMO this is the strongest theory... It's also the simplest. There are some good theories in this thread but I doubt capcom had anything so complex in mind.

Evil Nero

It did say he used similar moves to Dante in the bio on DMC1. I think.
If he had to switch styles , how can it be the same sword?

that is a fan site. Its not capcom.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
Evil Nero;101163 said:
It did say he used similar moves to Dante in the bio on DMC1. I think.
If he had to switch styles , how can it be the same sword?

that is a fan site. Its not capcom.

Simple. Read the following qoute:

Angelo Credo;95630 said:
In Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, the Yamato transforms into Nelo Angelo's zweihänder when in Devil Trigger for Vergil's "Corrupt Vergil" or "Super Corrupt Vergil" costumes.

A zweihander handles differently than an O-katana. It is used in a similar fashion as Dante's rebellion. Infact i think rebellion is a zweihander.(?) Hints "similar moves to Dante".

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I know full well that a zweihänder and an O-Katana handle differently, but the most widely believed theory by a significant amount of the community is the fact that Yamato was infact corrupted along with Vergil.

When things become corrupt, they more often than not, take on a different shape and appearence, so there's every possibility that the zweihänder Nelo Angelo uses is the Yamato, also, Vergil cared about only two things, power and Yamato, he had a deep connection with Yamato, deeper than anyone else, even if he was under Mundus' control, a part of him still remained, the part that refused to actually finish off Dante, that part proved that Vergil was still in there somewhere, Vergil's connection with his sword, along with the fact that there's enough evidence to suggest he was still inside Nelo Angelo, pretty much proves it, I just can't see Vergil giving up Yamato in favour of another sword, especially giving up the sword he loves.

Zato-OW

King
I just can't see Vergil being a slave to someone who wanted his entire blood line erased. Vergil was a slave and had to follow every order of Mundus even if that mean to fight Dante. He had distractions and couldn't finish the job but i don't understand why did it take for Dante's ammy to wake Nelo up when he had one of his own. Anyway Kobayashi said the order found the sword after entering one of the hell gates. So if that is true that means it isn't the same sword because Nelo Angelo died in the human world i believe.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
Angelo Credo;101224 said:
I know full well that a zweihänder and an O-Katana handle differently, but the most widely believed theory by a significant amount of the community is the fact that Yamato was infact corrupted along with Vergil.

When things become corrupt, they more often than not, take on a different shape and appearence, so there's every possibility that the zweihänder Nelo Angelo uses is the Yamato, also, Vergil cared about only two things, power and Yamato, he had a deep connection with Yamato, deeper than anyone else, even if he was under Mundus' control, a part of him still remained, the part that refused to actually finish off Dante, that part proved that Vergil was still in there somewhere, Vergil's connection with his sword, along with the fact that there's enough evidence to suggest he was still inside Nelo Angelo, pretty much proves it, I just can't see Vergil giving up Yamato in favour of another sword, especially giving up the sword he loves.

Lol dude I agree with you %100. My last post was aimed at Evil Nero not you. I just used your quote to answer Evil Nero's question... Though, I guess i could have structured my post better.

Edit: There, edited last post. Hope that makes a little more sense now.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
AH, I see, my apologies for the mix up. ^_^

And Zato, it's never explicity stated that Vergil DIES, he sort of...Dissappeared in a big puff of smoke, I hardly call that dying really, show me concrete evidence that Vergil is dead and I'll let the theory that Nelo's sword is Yamato die with it.

For all anybody knows, Vergil could have been knocked straight back into the demon world after the beting Dante handed him in the first game, I mean...Capcom haven't confirmed that he's dead, no character in the game has actually said that he's dead, regardless, there is a significant amount of evidence proving that the zweihander and Yamato are one in the same, Capcom wouldn't intentionally make the Corrupt Vergil costume's Yamato turn into the zweihander if they didn't intend it to be so, it'd raise too many questions and cause too much confusion and I don't think Capcom would be looking to do that.

Top Bottom