• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Need Help on a Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

$JP

Supreme Ruler
Here's the deal, I'm getting the money to buy a next-gen system, but I don't know which one to get. It's either gonna be the Xbox 360 or the PS3. Problem is, I'm having trouble deciding which one to get. I hear many things on both the 360 and the PS3, I'm just trying to decide which one's better. Thus, the reason for this thread. Please guys, provide me any information you can on the 360 and PS3 (like pros and cons on them and what not) so I can finally make up my mind.:\

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I don't know about technical thingies but I have one bit of advice.
What games do you want to play?
See what's coming or is already available in these consoles. By all means if the games exist in both ones, you should head for an X-Box 360 - less money, more games;)
And this is coming from someone who will buy the ps3:p

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
I will buy the ps3. Even though the games are more expensive, it looks better, and it has a bigger hard drive.

Dark Drakan

Admin
DemonSlayer6;53754 said:
I will buy the ps3. Even though the games are more expensive, it looks better, and it has a bigger hard drive.

As standard it does but the Xbox 360 Elite has a 120Gb one :p

Id say it depends what your looking for and what titles are your favourites. The 360 has the much better selection of games and better online service though and at the moment is the much better deal. The 360 has more exclusives and might be the better option if your a fan of the games that it does have as exclusives. PS3 is more reliable and a really cheap Blu Ray player and will have some good titles on way mid to end of next year, so depends if you want lots of good titles now or are willing to wait a while for the top ones.

$JP

Supreme Ruler
I heard PS3 is having problems right now, like overheating. The gamecrazy near me replaced their PS3 six times in the past year. That doesn't sound good.:( Anyway, I get what you guys are saying, and now it seems like I'm swaying towards the 360, but I'm still not quite sure yet.

Dark Drakan

Admin
$JP;53812 said:
I heard PS3 is having problems right now, like overheating. The gamecrazy near me replaced their PS3 six times in the past year. That doesn't sound good.:( Anyway, I get what you guys are saying, and now it seems like I'm swaying towards the 360, but I'm still not quite sure yet.

I dont know to many people with PS3's but ones i do know who have got them havent mentioned any problems to me. So long as you dont store them inside cabinets (like any console) and they have enough space around them to let heat out there shouldnt be a problem.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
If you're for the now, get a 360 if you're for the later get a PS3. What do I mean by that. Well, 360 has more games out now, while PS3 will have games that will kick just as much a$$ and more later. PS3 games are taking a while to come out because they rushed the PS3 itself, and the video game makers can't keep up with the advanvcement of the PS3. So they keep pushing the release dates on most of the PS3 games (DMC4 and GTA5) because they wanna do their best because they know the PS3 can handle much more. (There's other reasons too.)

...But whatever you do, whichever one you buy, GET A WARRANTY!!! That's very important. I just sent my 360 to Microsoft a few days ago.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Aww, thats a shame. Though, the ps3 has been taken back to Sony for a fault caused when making it. So, now you may have to wait a while if you want to buy the ps3. I guess that it didnt have the vibration attached to it in the making.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vergilissexy;53928 said:
If you're for the now, get a 360 if you're for the later get a PS3. What do I mean by that. Well, 360 has more games out now, while PS3 will have games that will kick just as much a$$ and more later. PS3 games are taking a while to come out because they rushed the PS3 itself, and the video game makers can't keep up with the advanvcement of the PS3. So they keep pushing the release dates on most of the PS3 games (DMC4 and GTA5) because they wanna do their best because they know the PS3 can handle much more. (There's other reasons too.)

...But whatever you do, whichever one you buy, GET A WARRANTY!!! That's very important. I just sent my 360 to Microsoft a few days ago.

Thats the problem, they PS3 isnt easy to make games for as they didnt give the developers the SDK's early enough. This made games like GTA 4 hard to code for it and hence the delay as its a multiformat game. Many companies are saying they are having trouble with it, and that isnt a good thing. It had advanced tech but because developers are struggling it means most multiformat games end up looking better on 360 which they shouldnt if PS3 has all this power.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Hopefully they'll figure something out to fix all this mess. Both PS3 and 360 have their faults, but both are also great systems.

DemonSlayer6;53934 said:
Aww, thats a shame. Though, the ps3 has been taken back to Sony for a fault caused when making it. So, now you may have to wait a while if you want to buy the ps3. I guess that it didnt have the vibration attached to it in the making.

When did that happen? I know the 20gb were re-called and replaced with 80gb, but I still see PS3s in the stores.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Well, it did. But, it is better to wait for something good, if you really want it, that is. But, I am sure that the ps3's went back in stores now... I guess...

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Well, I would prefer a ps3. Since your XBox had seemed to pack up, the ps3 seems to have a cooling system too. No overheating.

Dark Drakan

Admin
DemonSlayer6;54105 said:
Well, I would prefer a ps3. Since your XBox had seemed to pack up, the ps3 seems to have a cooling system too. No overheating.

The reason the 360 overheated was that the solder around the heatsink and one of the main chips peeled away at really high temperatures causing the dreaded red rings of death. This has since been rectified with new consoles and Project Falcon which replaces the old chipsets with smaller new efficient ones.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
New project falcon????? I have never heard of that before. Maybe it is the Black XBox360 you are speaking about. I have never heard of an XBox360 Falcon... wierd... where have you heard that from???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom