• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Near Death

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
moseslmpg;290069 said:
These aren't really NDEs, they're more like "could have been near death" experiences. None of you were in any real danger of actually dying, at least not while you were old enough to have a concept of death.

no, these are all near death experiences (except maybe the umbilical chord thing, it's hard to call something you don't have any memory of an experience). a "could have been near death" experience would be doing anything at all dangerous that could potentially kill you. J-walking, getting too crazy with drugs or alcohol, etcetera.

if some these "could have beens" as you like to call them were any closer, they'd be death stories. :dry:

being old enough to understand to concept has nothing to do with it. in my case, i would have died if not for someone else. tonks came close to dying from injury.
if neither of those qualifies as "near death" than what does?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm not going to let this get into some war over what a Near-Death Experience technically is. But having taken these definitions/explanations, it seems quite clear to me. And I agree with cheezMcNASTY.

A near-death experience (NDE), refers to a broad range of personal experiences associated with impending death, encompassing multiple possible sensations including detachment from the body; feelings of levitation; extreme fear; total serenity, security, or warmth; the experience of absolute dissolution; and the presence of a light, which some people interpret as a deity.

These phenomena are usually reported after an individual has been pronounced clinically dead or otherwise very close to death, hence the term near-death experience.

Near-death experience - the experience of being close to death but surviving.

Experience - an event as apprehended; "a surprising experience"; "that painful experience certainly got our attention"

I believe in these cases, we all came close to death. And we all managed to survive. Those events could of still killed us.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Happened to me when I was 10 years old. I was hit by a speeding car and hospitalised for 2 weeks. According to the doctors, due to my strong will of living, I survived, but with broken left hand and right hand for 2 months. I still feel blessed that I am still living in this world, as I am not ready to depart to heaven or wherever I need to go because I have many things to do.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
I was beaten by a group of 30 yobs (trouble makers)as I was walking home from my friends house. I was walking on the wrongs side on the road that night when they came out of the tunnel and they said " Mate you got a light" and I replied "No , sorry i don't smoke" , they then decided to attack me with metal objects including pipes. They threw glass bottles at me but thankfully They missed. I ran and ran until I couldn't ran any more , so I hid in a bush waiting for safety and waited for them to go away .I stayed for an hour . After an hour they found me and dragged me by my heels and then beat me until I was bloody and bruised all over. They called it Happy Slapping but I wasn't happy.
I was left on the floor for what seemed to be hours but actually it was only 10 minutes when someone found me . During 10 minutes I saw a light and then a set of scales like it was going to judge if I had been good or bad...
The 30 yobs were found and arrested and each got 3 years in jail but only 4 weeks ago some of them got released and I have seen them around town and every time I see them, I get cold and think back to that horrible night in September ...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well I smashed my skull in falling onto stone from about 10 feet when I was 7 and it was touch and go for a few hours. Luckily my skull turned out to be good at its job, and my brain remembers everything.

Although I could quite easily have been killed, had a piece of bone pierced it.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Happened to me also. But that was when I been in my first highschool grade. I have an car accident when im goes to school with my dad. That ended on my fear and light hurt on my whole body. But I have only freaked my mother by not answering on my mobile phone.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
ive just had one a couple of weeks ago! bleeding on the brain then passing out and no one finding you for 45 mins is not good...oh im ok now! but i do feel a bit more crazy:wacko:

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Damien;290113 said:
I was beaten by a group of 30 yobs (trouble makers)as I was walking home from my friends house. I was walking on the wrongs side on the road that night when they came out of the tunnel and they said " Mate you got a light" and I replied "No , sorry i don't smoke" , they then decided to attack me with metal objects including pipes. They threw glass bottles at me but thankfully They missed. I ran and ran until I couldn't ran any more , so I hid in a bush waiting for safety and waited for them to go away .I stayed for an hour . After an hour they found me and dragged me by my heels and then beat me until I was bloody and bruised all over. They called it Happy Slapping but I wasn't happy.
I was left on the floor for what seemed to be hours but actually it was only 10 minutes when someone found me . During 10 minutes I saw a light and then a set of scales like it was going to judge if I had been good or bad...
The 30 yobs were found and arrested and each got 3 years in jail but only 4 weeks ago some of them got released and I have seen them around town and every time I see them, I get cold and think back to that horrible night in September ...

sorry to hear that man...while i've never been beaten that badly, i can say i feel for ya...

There was this time a friend of mine and I were crossing the road....we were jay walking because we were no where near any street lights with the walk signs...we made it to the median no problem....it happened when it came time to cross the other side....there was a woman driving and she was slowing down like she was gonna let me cross....i hesitated a bit...but started to cross....and it seemed like she sped up...she came so close to hitting me.....i was so freaked out....i mean really i had almost just been hit by a car.....i coulda sworn i saw a white flash....anyway...to make matters worse, it had happened on my birthday.. >_<

DMC

Devil May Cry
when i was 4 i got a rock throwed at right on my head i barely remeber but al i know is my parents later on (when older so i understand) i lost alot of blood. but not too much too kill me of cousre.

The dark knight

What the hell was in your throat? ;)
Meg;289928 said:
^We're happy you're here to. :3

Well when I was born I had B-strep or whatever its called. Fortunately the doctors checked for it, so it was caught early. Good thing to.

Top Bottom