• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Near Death

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Earlier, I got off the bus, and crossed the road. I wasn't paying attention, and I couldn't see anything coming. The bus was still obscuring my view. I stepped forward, and saw a car coming right at me. I froze completely. If I would of stepped forward, I may not be here now.

Have you ever come close to death before? And how did you feel? I feel blessed to be here still ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I felt a strange thrill accompanied by fear. Fear because I had nearly died, and thrilled because I looked Death in the face and said "F you."

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
I feel blessed to be here.

More that one time got almost here my a car going to school.

Was right between two really big trucks ._.

And when i borned i had my umbilical cord around my neck.

But still im happy to be with you guys here :D

Meg

^We're happy you're here to. :3

Well when I was born I had B-strep or whatever its called. Fortunately the doctors checked for it, so it was caught early. Good thing to.

Mr. Fuzzums

Destroyer of Worlds
When I was born both of my lungs collapsed... I remember having to live in some tent contaption for like 2 months.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Mine doesn't sound all that dramatic as the others...but I am happy to be here or else I wouldn't have known such wonderful people. ^_^

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
similar situation, but i was somewhat drunk (in 12th grade, yeah...).
we decided that we were gonna run to the corner store and grab some junk food and cigarettes. friend #1 ran across very busy street X and i followed without looking. i would have been hit and probably killed by some speeding sports car if friend #2 hadn't jerked me back.

you know, it's strange... in all the time i spent with friend #2 not once did i consider the fact that he'd saved my life. i'm such a twat. :lol:

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
Split my leg open when I was six. If not for fast action and lots of bandages, I would've been bled dry.

Dad nearly flipped the car over a year ago. We were driving home from some social event and he took a curve way too fast...we were on two wheels for a moment. Mom hasn't let him drive us around since.

I'm not really sure how I felt. I was disconnected, like "wow, is this really happening?"

Either way, I'm happy to still be here

Dark Drakan

Admin
LordOfDarkness;289925 said:
Earlier, I got off the bus, and crossed the road. I wasn't paying attention, and I couldn't see anything coming. The bus was still obscuring my view. I stepped forward, and saw a car coming right at me. I froze completely. If I would of stepped forward, I may not be here now.

Have you ever come close to death before? And how did you feel? I feel blessed to be here still ^_^

Friend of mine ran over a woman a couple of weeks ago with this same scenario except replace bus with HorseBox. She was pregnant and lost her baby and had both of her legs broken. Amazing how one lapse of concentration can have such horrible effects, she was merely eating a muffin and didnt look when she walked out.

Ive had many near misses in life but even without them ive always had the philosophy of 'Live every day like it was your last'.

aka958

Don't trust people
LordOfDarkness;289925 said:

Happened to me a few times. Although I'm just cold so I stopped then starting walking again as if nothing happened. I got this sudden strike of fear that you get when you get surprised, then it wore of and I acted accordingly. To me it was no big deal.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
aka958;290038 said:
Happened to me a few times. Although I'm just cold so I stopped then starting walking again as if nothing happened. I got this sudden strike of fear that you get when you get surprised, then it wore of and I acted accordingly. To me it was no big deal.

So you didn't value your own life?

aka958

Don't trust people
LordOfDarkness;290045 said:
So you didn't value your own life?

Of course I did. That's why I stopped. But it still was no big deal, I was close to get hit by a car a few times. Since I valued my own life I learned from my mistakes, stop crossing the road while the bus was in the way and always look when I walk over the road.

I really don't know, it just happened, I continued on like it never did happen. Why, do I really need to make a big deal out of it to value my own life?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
aka958;290050 said:
Of course I did. That's why I stopped. But it still was no big deal, I was close to get hit by a car a few times. Since I valued my own life I learned from my mistakes, stop crossing the road while the bus was in the way and always look when I walk over the road.

I really don't know, it just happened, I continued on like it never did happen. Why, do I really need to make a big deal out of it to value my own life?

Seems like a contradictory point. But that's my own opinion.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
aka958;290057 said:
-edited out-

No, I can't say that. Way too personal information. :\

I can respect that you have a different opinion. But I don't walk around holding my head higher than everyone else's, thinking God or whatever loves me more. But it pleases me to know that I wasn't meant to go at that time. Considering that I wouldn't want to go just yet.

Death will be death, yes. And I'll go when Death comes calling. I'll die however, whenever, it could happen even now as I am typing. But until then I'll thank my lucky stars I'm still breathing, and cherish the time I do have in this World.

moseslmpg

These aren't really NDEs, they're more like "could have been near death" experiences. None of you were in any real danger of actually dying, at least not while you were old enough to have a concept of death.

I think these would be better called "brushes with death/danger" that kind of snap you out of the stupor of daily life.

BTW, the whole "live everyday as if it were your last" thing has always struck me as kind of counter-intuitive. I know the popular meaning is to be good and don't put things off, but really, if this was the last day of one's life, they would either spend it in a state of total indulgence or spiritual purification. Certainly they wouldn't waste it with trivial things such as posting on a message board or watching TV or going to work. I just don't think it is feasible for anyone but a monk.

Back on topic, I nearly choked to death on a piece of starburst hard candy, cherry flavor IIRC. I was downstairs in the basement by myself and so I ran up the stairs and made the signs that I was choking to my dad, and he starting doing the Heimlich. It didn't shoot out, but I think it unlodged from my throat. Anyway, paramedics got there a while later and checked my airways, although I would have been unconscious if the candy hadn't gotten dislodged. I didn't see a bright light or Jesus or see my life flash before my eyes. I might have seen my body from above, but I am probably misremembering.

How did it make me feel? It scared the bejeezus out of me and made me happy to be alive, but alas, only for a few months. Then the anaesthetic of life set in once again, and there it remains to this day.

Top Bottom