• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My thoughts about the Dante

crush

Erm...That video was made before half a month the game was out. It ain't valid.
And I must say it's the fans fault that DmC's Dante has been changed in looks and personality.
I wanted that cigarette, but the fans said no. Isn't it plain wierd that the guys who said "no" are now saying changing Dante near to the original was a bad idea? It isn't a fair fight.

Downfall

Erm...That video was made before half a month the game was out. It ain't valid.
And I must say it's the fans fault that DmC's Dante has been changed in looks and personality.
I wanted that cigarette, but the fans said no. Isn't it plain wierd that the guys who said "no" are now saying changing Dante near to the original was a bad idea? It isn't a fair fight.

It's never a fair fight. Not with the "skeptics". :/

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Oh, you mean the bias video that was made a few months before the actual game came out and we've only seen small pieces of Dante's character compared to the actual game? Yeah, that's SO valid.:/

That's as valid as me saying why DMC4 Dante is such a bad character even though I haven't played the whole game. (Which is how I feel. I don't need to see the game to know from the trailers that DMC4 Dante is terrible, but that's just me.)

Martius

SSSmokin!
Last line should me more like:
"Its not similar to old Dante, just some douche who think he can be cool as Dante."

crush

Last line should me more like:
"Its not similar to old Dante, just some douche who think he can be cool as Dante."

Cool isn't the word. Crazy, more like.
The crazy bit is what DmC doesn't have. I miss it a lot.

Nekodark

You know funny I never thought original Dante was cool or anything since I could never connect to him because he always seems to change oh I liked him a lot since when I first started this game it first came out and I was way younger and was kinda into stories but not as much as now,I mean I liked him now as well but I really do not see him as anything but a character in the story wise sense he is fun to watch and all but only time I even felt anything was with his dealings with Vergil and that was not so much because everything was so unconnected to me once I sat and tried to think about the story,but I am not saying the new Dante is better or worst then the original but for some reason I can see where he is coming from more clearer, maybe because I met people who had bad lives like him and such.

Gorbashou

You know, I've seen every single cutscene and every piece of dialogue of this game. This is valid, I don't care if it came out a month before, everything was leaked earlier than a month before.

So people, don't nag about it being a "hating" video and it not being valid. I'm not targeting you with anything nor is the video, so don't take offense or try to defend your interest. It's just opinionated and the fact that you disagree doesn't change anything.

This goes to those who dislike Dante as well, do not spew around insulting words about the new Dante, you can tell nicely as to why you dislike him if you do. Saying he is a piece of **** or something like that sounds, as said in the video, mean spirited.

Dante47

I've said this before.
Dante in DmC is painted as unlikable for the sole reason of character progression.
At the beginning, Dante says he, "doesn't give a sh*t," but his actions later say otherwise.
It's a journey of bitter self discovery, and in the end, he was humbled for it.

Gorbashou

I've said this before.
Dante in DmC is painted as unlikable for the sole reason of character progression.
At the beginning, Dante says he, "doesn't give a sh*t," but his actions later say otherwise.
It's a journey of bitter self discovery, and in the end, he was humbled for it.

Yes, I know this. Many characters are purposely unlikeable in the beginning and they progress to become better characters. But I didn't see much of a development in this Dantes personality, he did change, but his attitude didn't see much improvement in my opinion.

Dante47

Yes, I know this. Many characters are purposely unlikeable in the beginning and they progress to become better characters. But I didn't see much of a development in this Dantes personality, he did change, but his attitude didn't see much improvement in my opinion.
His attitude has nothing to do with his morals.
Dante, past and present, is known for being cocky and tends to **** off the wrong people.
I don't see why his attitude is such a problem.

AlchemistFromEden

His attitude has nothing to do with his morals.
Dante, past and present, is known for being cocky and tends to **** off the wrong people.
I don't see why his attitude is such a problem.
mostly because his attitude is realistically portrayed unlike his previous counterpart that had an anime version of having an attitude

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
mostly because his attitude is realistically portrayed unlike his previous counterpart that had an anime version of having an attitude

Come on dude, you don't have to sling mud at the old Dante to make this one look better.

With that being said, what is so different about this Dante and DMC3 Dante's attitude?

Besides the fact that he likes to swear much more, he attitude still reminds me of DMC3 Dante's.

And both mature at the end of their respective games.

Downfall

Guys... I've seen haters.

And Gorbashou... is not a hater.

I seriously don't see the reason why you people defend the likes of.... well, they shall remain nameless, but pick on this guy here for giving a valid reason as to not liking the game. He's not a hater.

AlchemistFromEden

Come on dude, you don't have to sling mud at the old Dante to make this one look better.

With that being said, what is so different about this Dante and DMC3 Dante's attitude?

Besides the fact that he likes to swear much more, he attitude still reminds me of DMC3 Dante's.

And both mature at the end of their respective games.
who's slinging mud, i'm just stating the reason why I think that people don't like the new dante

Top Bottom