• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My thoughts about the Dante

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It was still pretty tasteless.

I would have prefered he said this.

Dante: "You know, Mundus...You're right. I didn't do it for mankind...That's all revenge on my bullets..."

Vergil: "Come on Dante. Get. Him. ****ed!"

Dante: "And Y'know what, baldy? Shootin' your kid right through your whore's stomach, watchin' it blow like a f*ckin' watermelon, hearing you scream like your ugly demon barbie b*tch...worth it."

so is having a character that is supposed to look exactly like the protagonists mother and yet dresses like this
Trish0.jpg
Not really tasteless. Just odd for Dante that he finds his mom's ass hot. Ugh!>_<

dude don't even try to pretend like that she is something more than a sexualized side character

Trish isn't a sexualized side character. She was badass in DMC1 and the anime (Or what we do see of her), but that all went down the drain in DMC4, that's all.

I think you're mistaking Trish with Lady.

So you don't want a hot red haired demon/fallen angel in future DmC games?

Hmm
tumblr_mgoi02fUZy1s2bk7do1_500.gif

YES^_^

AlchemistFromEden

So you don't want a hot red haired demon/fallen angel in future DmC games?
it would be cool if eva appeared again in the series, because she looks sweet in the reboot and we actually hear her talk, but i don't know if they should reboot the idea of "mother's image being recreated into another character"

crush

it would be cool if eva appeared again in the series, because she looks sweet in the reboot and we actually hear her talk, but i don't know if they should reboot the idea of "mother's image being recreated into another character"

The reason for that is possibly in the "Tales of Genji".The first novel in the world.
The protagonist is a complete womanizer with complete looks with status and whatsoever.
His lady preference is "Someone who looks like his dead mom which he never even saw in his life."
Anything familiar? And the worst of it, he manages to find and marry 3 people that looks like her.

Japan is wierd...

AlchemistFromEden

The reason for that is possibly in the "Tales of Genji".The first novel in the world.
The protagonist is a complete womanizer with complete looks with status and whatsoever.
His lady preference is "Someone who looks like his dead mom which he never even saw in his life."
Anything familiar? And the worst of it, he manages to find and marry 3 people that looks like her.

Japan is wierd...
yes it really is, you hear about boob wars?

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Trish isn't a sexualized side character. She was badass in DMC1 and the anime (Or what we do see of her), but that all went down the drain in DMC4, that's all.

Yeah, Trish (and Lady, and Lucia) were some of the least objectified female game characters around before DMC4 turned all that into a joke. Plus, Dante never displayed the slightest hint of canon interest in Trish, he treats her like his bratty adopted sister. When she dresses up like Super Hooker Gloria, not looking like his mom at all, he bursts out laughing because she's still about as sexy to him as Vergil dressing up like that.

Wow, I really wish I hadn't summoned up that mental image.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Yeah, Trish (and Lady, and Lucia) were some of the least objectified female game characters around before DMC4 turned all that into a joke. Plus, Dante never displayed the slightest hint of canon interest in Trish, he treats her like his bratty adopted sister. When she dresses up like Super Hooker Gloria, not looking like his mom at all, he bursts out laughing because she's still about as sexy to him as Vergil dressing up like that.

I think you meant Trish dressing up as Lady Gaga. Oh, and the image of Vergil in that outfit, there's probably fanart of it out there or even cosplay. It probably exists, but I'm not going to look it up, post it here to scar you and everyone reading this thread. Know why? 'Cause it'll scar me too.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Ha! I never said anything about Credo in Gloria's clothes or Dante in Trish's or Nero in Lady's! BURN AND BE SCARRED FOR EVER. *evil kitten laugh*
images

Yeah, we all knew something like this would exist. Also, Vergil in a dress.
images

8BitHero

Scrub

Yeah. DMC4 is a perfect example of pointlessly sexuality characters. The only thing being is Lady and Trishs' boobs. I'm not complaining, but it is obvious. Not a complaint with the game though, but it does compliment AlchemistFromEdens point in that is a tasteless design choice.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Come on dude, you don't have to sling mud at the old Dante to make this one look better.

With that being said, what is so different about this Dante and DMC3 Dante's attitude?

Besides the fact that he likes to swear much more, he attitude still reminds me of DMC3 Dante's.

And both mature at the end of their respective games.
Quoting from the first page, but that's basically my opinion on the new Dante character matter.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Found it. ^^

Good lord.

I think it's actually fairly impressive just how on the money HyperBitHero was with this video, given how little of the game he had seen when he made it. Dante does act like an immense prick throughout the entire game. It goes beyond merely showing that he starts off in a dark place and ascends to become a more rounded individual; his arc starts him as a prick, and it ends with him as a prick.

He only displays empathy to Kat, but never any to mankind as a whole. Even when Vergil starts carrying on about dominating mankind Dante needs Kat there to twist his arm into doing anything about it.

How hard would it have been to have a scene where Dante actually goes out of his way to help people he's never met before towards the end game? You know, those outside of his emotional proximity, to show that he isn't a completely self-absorbed, vapid arsehole? I'm not even asking for him to stop a rape or prevent a bank-robbery; how about during the Plot Quake when he's pulling the Vergilmobile to safety, they could have passed a bus that's about to go over the edge, and he could have just used Ophion to show that he has some level of humane empathy?

Oh wait, he isn't human, and the nature of angels is completely undefined. Nevermind.

Top Bottom