• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Mobile Phone History

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay, so for the last year and a half, my mobile phone history has been just terrible. It's been the worse out of anybody that I know. I'll admit, mostly due to my carelessness, my phones have been damaged. Ultimately leading up to them not working at all. At other times it's been accidents. My most recent annoyance regarding my mobile, was at work. When I took it out of my pocket, my screen had completely crashed. The phone only properly displayed things when it was on lock.

Much to my anger, considering that's the fourth phone I have had in just over a year, I take it to a phone repair store in Town. The guy explains to me that there is a common fault with my phone, that means a piece inside can easily break. The Company say they will send it to Sony Ericsson (The makers of my phone) who will then fix it, and send it back, for me to collect. And for this I will have to spend £25, to fix a problem that I didn't even cause.

My history starts like this.

The first phone I buy works fine. I purchase it for around £80. It's going good, then I got into a rough time and needed to call a friend, but my battery died. So I hit it and damaged the back of it quite bad. Later on in the month the phone gets stolen anyway. My bad luck only just begins. Damaging the phone was my fault, but it did still work. It getting stolen was never my fault.

So I go and buy a new phone, a touch screen. My touch screen phone costs me about £120, so not cheap. After a few months of it being good as gold, I take it into the shower (Big mistake) I left it on the side. Just a small amount of water, due to condensation, and the phone dies completely. So I purchase a new phone.

This phone cost me around £80 also. It worked great, and I can't exactly remember what happened to it, but it started being really slow. I sold it to a friend and got a new one, because it was just being annoying.

My fourth and favourite phone, purchased for £90. This is the phone I mentioned first, the one that crashed, and I have to pay to be repaired. Well, I am left without a phone for about a week. So the same day it gets sent off, I go and buy a cheap temporary phone for just £15. It does your basic texting and ringing, all I require for a week.

I get home late at night, feeling tired, phone in hand. I am going to go to the toilet. The toilet had been flushed, it was clean water, but before I could go my temporary phone slips from my half asleep hand and splashes into the toilet itself. I pull it out as quickly as I can, trying to rescue it. Drying the phone, and leaving the parts on their own to dry overnight. Two days since, and the phone is still dead. My temporary phone, and technically my fifth phone is dead. And I am still left with no phone, and still waiting three days for my phone to return. Before I am charged a price to pay for something I never broke in the first place.

Needless to say, I am outraged. I have spent about £385 on mobile phones in the last year and a bit. A lot of money, including all my phone top-ups also.

The least Sony Ericsson could do is send my phone back to my address, free of charge. I am contacting them about this to complain. It's the very least they could do.

So if your mobile phone history has been bad, or worse than mine, please tell me so here. Just so we can all share feelings and vent about it.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
That is a sad thing to see and hear. They should have just given you a replacement for free if the warranty still on and if it wasn't damaged by you.

Never had a bad thing about my mobile phones so far, so sorry, I can't share anything much.

Meg

Aw! That really sucks. :(

I can share something. A friend of mine was talking on the phone and it slipped out of her hand and fell in the water. When she called to get a new one she said nothing about water and got a new one right away.

Myyy phone on the other hand....sucks.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
meg127;275730 said:
Aw! That really sucks. :(

I can share something. A friend of mine was talking on the phone and it slipped out of her hand and fell in the water. When she called to get a new one she said nothing about water and got a new one right away.

Myyy phone on the other hand....sucks.

Your friend is lucky. My phone has one of those pieces of paper in it that change color on contact with water. Meaning they can rule out water damage right away.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
my phone ive dropped multiple times really the worst that happened was when it fell out of my pocket some kid found it called my parents and made them pay him before he would give back my phone

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
LordOfDarkness;275713 said:
Later on in the month the phone gets stolen anyway. My bad luck only just begins. Damaging the phone was my fault, but it did still work. It getting stolen was never my fault.

My temporary phone slips from my half asleep hand and splashes into the toilet itself. I pull it out as quickly as I can, trying to rescue it. Drying the phone, and leaving the parts on their own to dry overnight. Two days since, and the phone is still dead. .

You failed to mention the phone I gave you after you got your first phone stolen from you. I gave him my old phone which cost £80 so not cheap and it was a cool flip phone. I gave it to him in pefect condition and in 1 week it has sratches and dents and the screen failing off ! The reason being .. txting in the rain !

And you idiot :p In the loo , ever considered putting your phone in your pocket ? :p

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Damien;275780 said:
You failed to mention the phone I gave you after you got your first phone stolen from you. I gave him my old phone which cost £80 so not cheap and it was a cool flip phone. I gave it to him in perfect condition and in 1 week it has scratches and dents and the screen failing off ! The reason being .. texting in the rain !

And you idiot :p In the loo , ever considered putting your phone in your pocket ? :p

Yeah, another phone I paid for, yet you let me have for two weeks. Too bad it got damaged, it was still technically 'my' phone :p And the only problem I noticed on it was a bit of the screen peeling away. Never saw any scratches, I treated your phone better because it didn't feel like my own.

Late at night, was going to text after I had gone to the toilet. I think I was about to put it away, but it just fell out my hand!

Seems nobody has had it worse here than me, considering phones.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Not really had any problems with phones. Now consoles thats a different bunch of bananas

My first phone was a Motorola. (One of those bricks)
Couldn't text from it. And everyone got put through to voicemail and not to me.

Second phone was a Siemens A40.
(My friend had the next model up.) Wait, this one got broken.
Fascia went first, then the screen.

There was another tiny one, which i sold to my uncle for £5

Then there was a clamshell flip phone which has a load of pics of our last cat on.
There was sagem clamshell flip phone, which my mum has.

And finally there is my Sony Ericsson K800i which i use for internet. (I hook it up to the laptop and voila, here i am.)

The last is a Samsung J400 (I think) which is full of Vergil Pics!

So thats my history of mobile phones

Dark Drakan

Admin
Sony Ericsson are terrible for breaking down, ive had 4 phones in my time. An old NEC, sagem (forget the model), Samsung D600 and my current is a Sony Ericsson C905. Granted every phone out of them (except the Samsung which was awesome) had something go wrong with it but the Sony Ericsson one has been sent for repair 4 times with different issues. My girlfriend had the same phone too and hers was sent off 5 times.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Oh wait, my sony ericsson does have a problem, the part you put up to your ear doesn't work, so when i speak to someone, it has to be on loudspeaker.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vergil'sB*tch;275814 said:
Oh wait, my sony ericsson does have a problem, the part you put up to your ear doesn't work, so when i speak to someone, it has to be on loudspeaker.

That was the same problem my girlfriend had on one of those occasions. Also answering the call and it would cut them off or she couldnt hear them. Its an internal speaker issue we were told when it was repaired.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Why exactly Sony Ericsson phones have all of these kind of problems? Weird. Is it a faulty design or something?

I used a Nokia, and it works fine, so far... Hopefully, I don't have to change one soon, since I like this model very much.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;275819 said:
Why exactly Sony Ericsson phones have all of these kind of problems? Weird. Is it a faulty design or something?

We were told it was a design fault with some of the issues and then a manufacturing issue that was overlooked and many had to be recalled. They got really popular and werent expecting such a boom in sales so they just basically threw the phones together as quick as they could on the production lines and got them out.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;275821 said:
We were told it was a design fault with some of the issues and then a manufacturing issue that was overlooked and many had to be recalled. They got really popular and werent expecting such a boom in sales so they just basically threw the phones together as quick as they could on the production lines and got them out.

Such a lame excuse by Sony and Ericsson. If the demand for their phones are high, they should have paid extra attention to the models quality so that consumers are satisfied when using it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;275823 said:
Such a lame excuse by Sony and Ericsson. If the demand for their phones are high, they should have paid extra attention to the models quality so that consumers are satisfied when using it.

Yeah but what company ever does that? They would rather cut production costs and throw the products onto the market and take all the profits than make something thats reliable but takes time to make. They are still in the top 5 phone models by sales so people still buy them. I doubt i will get another though as everyone i know who has had ANY Sony Ericsson has had problems.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;275827 said:
Yeah but what company ever does that? They would rather cut production costs and throw the products onto the market and take all the profits than make something thats reliable but takes time to make. They are still in the top 5 phone models by sales so people still buy them. I doubt i will get another though as everyone i know who has had ANY Sony Ericsson has had problems.

True. Let's see... the top mobile companies I know of are:

Nokia
Sony Ericsson
Motorola

Any other more popular ones out there? I am kinda new to mobile phones.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;275828 said:
True. Let's see... the top mobile companies I know of are:

Nokia
Sony Ericsson
Motorola

Any other more popular ones out there? I am kinda new to mobile phones.

Samsung are rather popular and best phone i had was made by them. The new Android powered phones (HTC) and iPhones are rather popular now too.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;275832 said:
Samsung are rather popular and best phone i had was made by them. The new Android powered phones (HTC) and iPhones are rather popular now too.

I see. What about Blackberry? Is it famous model?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;275834 said:
I see. What about Blackberry? Is it famous model?

Blackberry's are rather famous but used by either business types or people who spend a lot of time emailing and on Facebook. Always thought they were rather ugly and calculator looking personally.

Top Bottom