• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Letter to Capcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalOutcast

I actually sent this letter to capcom in regard to the DMC Reboot:

"Dear Capcom:

I feel you have a right to know this but the reception of this upcoming DMC Reboot is not well recieved.

Many people are losing faith in your Establishment for this creative decision and we as fans dont want to be disappointed in your product, Devil May Cry was fine the way it was.

I'm sure on paper working with Ninja Theory may have sounded like a good idea at the time but they are missing the point of Dante's Characterization.

He doesn't smoke and the DMC universe didn't try to be tough and gritty. (It already was tough and gritty.) Your only going to make people around the world protest this and there's a surgence of backlash over it. (I've even seen people cry when they saw the trailer and not in a good way.)

Here's the link to a Petition regarding this Reboot.
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Dmc

Also DMC's Creator Hideki Kamiya stated in a twitter tweet that if fans demand it he'd be happy to be involved with DMC again.

This is the link to the Twitter Tweet.
http://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/24710339188

I hope you take the time to read this message and petition to listen to what we have to say and thank you."

-David.

-End of Message-

Only time will tell if I get a response back.

Asmodaius

I really want this reboot. I think it will be great! And such letters are making me rather sad that fans of the series aren't more open to this idea.

Hopefully Capcom will merely ignore this letter of yours and continue their production of this DmC reboot.

OriginalOutcast

Cuervo;275700 said:
Surely, you are kidding. I mean, really?

I'm not kidding. To them it was like a favorite movie star or musician of theirs died. It was equally as bad as when Highlander 2: The Quickening was released. (And that movie was a spectacular ruination to it's franchise too.)

moseslmpg

It is a good letter, but it won't do any good ultimately. Capcom is too far into development to stop or change anything.

I, like all sane DMC fans, do not want a reboot or DINO, but there's nothing we can do about it at this point beyond waiting for the real DMC5 and playing other action games in the meantime.

OriginalOutcast

Asmodaius;275709 said:
I really want this reboot. I think it will be great! And such letters are making me rather sad that fans of the series aren't more open to this idea.

Hopefully Capcom will merely ignore this letter of yours and continue their production of this DmC reboot.

Say what you want but 2000 signatures in this petition say otherwise.

Cuervo

2000 signatures rrally isn't that much. At all.

Even petitions with tens of thounsands of signatures wind up doing nothing.

And I disagree with your letter, but that goes without saying.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Dude, it's a game. Get over it, seriously. And two thousand signatures aren't going to do anything. CAPCOM's too big of a company and they're too far into development to give two ****s about two thousand ****ed off fanboys.

Besides, it's not like DMC had a deep plot to begin with anyway. But that's just my two cents, and no one really gives a **** about what I have to say, so... *shrug*

ARandomGuy

2k signatures ain't really gonna cut it. DMC4 sold millions of copies! So that petition is pretty insignificant. Although I like the idea of Hideki Kamiya making another DMC game! Why won't Capcom give him another shoot? He had huge success with DMC1 and he had a huge success with Bayonetta.

VirgilTheart

moseslmpg;275717 said:
I, like all sane DMC fans, do not want a reboot or DINO.

:O I'm sane. And I honestly don't think I can agree with this statement. >_< I mean, Capcom and Ninja Theory are definitely walking on a very thin line here, but I see potential for something great with DmC if they go about it right. ^_^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Guys and girls, it doesn't matter if someone has set up a petition to gain Signatures. That is their wish alone. There's no need to bash them for trying, at least. They are allowed to feel how they feel, they have every right. Not everyone is going to take a brilliant liking to the new look of DmC. He could be a good character, and the story could really work in the end. Let's just accept that some will like it, and some won't.

P.S. My sister told me to say she thinks he's hot.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Devon K. Ryley;275755 said:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Dude, it's a game. Get over it, seriously. And two thousand signatures aren't going to do anything. CAPCOM's too big of a company and they're too far into development to give two ****s about two thousand ****ed off fanboys.

Besides, it's not like DMC had a deep plot to begin with anyway.

Bluntly put but true. I can't wait.

Cuervo

moseslmpg;275717 said:
I, like all sane DMC fans, do not want a reboot or DINO, but there's nothing we can do about it at this point beyond waiting for the real DMC5 and playing other action games in the meantime.

Condescending much?

Dark Drakan

Admin
People are free to express an opinion and at least they have took it straight to the developers rather than whine and moan about it on forums. So dont be to harsh on the thread creator as they have expressed their views in a way that doesnt cause any issues in the community.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Cuervo;275770 said:
Condescending much?

Yeah, he's like that sometimes. He does have his moments though.

He did get banned a while back, and then got unbanned sometime later...

Best not to whine about that, though. It's all water under the bridge anyway.

Anyways, on topic, I agree with Drakan. While this may not do anything, it's always the sense that you've tried that matters.

moseslmpg

Cuervo;275770 said:
Condescending much?
Do you even know what condescending means? You tend to use the word a lot in situations that aren't appropriate.

The implication of my post was that no one wanted a reboot and no one thought we needed one. Most of the people who are jumping on the bandwagon are doing so out of cognitive dissonance, i.e. "there is a reboot, so I wanted it." Saying that you like the reboot and saying that you wanted the reboot are two very different things. I have never in all my years of going to DMC forums ever seen a single fan, fanboy, n00b, or vet express the desire to have a DMC reboot. A spinoff, maybe. A side series, perhaps. Never a reboot. Point me to a fan who had called for a reboot before this, and I will consider rephrasing my statement.

Dread: Just as being arrested is not an indicator of guilt, being banned is not an indicator of having committed some offense. I was banned in error and my ban was reversed because of that fact. I had the tact not to bring it up in public, but since others do not, there it is, finally clear.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;275957 said:
Dread: Just as being arrested is not an indicator of guilt, being banned is not an indicator of having committed some offense. I was banned in error and my ban was reversed because of that fact. I had the tact not to bring it up in public, but since others do not, there it is, finally clear.

Yeah, I know what you meant about the whole "not bringing it up in public" thing... I was about to delete that part of my post when you said that... Sorry.

moseslmpg

That's alright. It wasn't only you, some other people have brought it up and I don't know how to get my point across to everyone at once. It was getting tiring. Hopefully I never get charged with murder or a sex crime, because I can see how much it would suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom