• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Analysis On The Poison Battle (The Larva Lady)

Razyel

Soul Reaver
lol I never said it was bad, I rather enjoyed it. But you just explained exactly what I tried to say with my "dialog being normal" comment. It's done that way to look more realistic and not something that came out of an anime in order to attract more western audiences. Anime stuff is alright, but whenever I play something like... say, the later Final Fantasy games, I go like... wtf is wrong with these people?

That's what you call a bad presentation of the story. All of the DMC games do this. The story behind DMC is amazing, but they do not present it to you very good in the games. It just feels like they could have done much much better with it.

I know you didn't say that :) I meant it to all the conversation haters :D not you, but I just wanted to quote your post. It's good that we agree with the dialogue, it's different but I'd like to think that the old Dante was more like Spider-Man and this new Dante feels more like Wolverine both are fine with me :)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
well ya know they did say they will take feedback from the players so perhaps if enough people support putting in a taunt they would be willing to do so.

AngelMode

I know you didn't say that :) I meant it to all the conversation haters :D not you, but I just wanted to quote your post. It's good that we agree with the dialogue, it's different but I'd like to think that the old Dante was more like Spider-Man and this new Dante feels more like Wolverine both are fine with me :)

Yeah, the old Dante is awesome. It's just that they are trying to make the game more realistic sounding... simple as that.

well ya know they did say they will take feedback from the players so perhaps if enough people support putting in a taunt they would be willing to do so.

Yes, that's what I am hoping for right now.

Railazel

@ Railazel

Your strategy for defeating Poison seems the most logical. But i'm more of an in your face kind of guy. Poisons hands arm usually always lined up around the edge of the platform and it would be very easy to position yourself either on the far left or the far right side and preform either Drive or Arbiters shock wave all the way across to hit multiple targets.
Parrying seems the most effective though. The time it takes for Poison the recover is ridiculously long, and you could easily angel grapple to her head for critical attacks. I personally think the launcher attack would be easiest to parry Poisons sweeping attacks (i've always had good timing with high time over a standard attack)

Another thing! DT!! you could easily kill her with a few parries and jumping in and out of DT the entire time! All these guys were doing were saving themselves with the DT.

Someone said, in one of the playthroughs, he made a bet to stay on a single platform for the entire battle (which is impossible because she smashes entire platforms so you'll have to move) But i happen to think the vomit part could be easily avoided too. Just some basic combos to keep you a float or even spam E&I to slow your momentum down and of course the DT.

Nice, but I'm wondering whether her attacks are parriable to begin with? They seem too heavy to be stopped. Then again, Dante has enough strength to knock her off the platform, so I guess they he can deflect her attacks.

But I like how your strategy allows a person to go ballistic with attacks.

Nelo_Vergil

heres a funfact the animation where vergil puts his katana back in actually builds the DT meter lmao

Domenic93

my favorite part was when Poison said "what's the matter did you forget how to use that toothpick of yours?"

Virago

Not listening.
I know I'll be in the minority on this one... I really liked this battle. Poison was exactly what I wanted to see from a demon - she's horrifying, disgusting and most of all, stupid. There's nothing seductive about this demon world, unlike previous DMC games, which had beautiful gothic scenery and whose demons, especially the females, had an elegance to them.

The dialog was a little jarring at first but it served a purpose. This is supposed to be a fight, not a joke. I think, had the original DMC games been written in English, there would have been more swearing. Japanese has varying degrees of formality; it has "strong" ways of saying things rather than "strong" words like English has.

I have a feeling the dialog issue will come back and bite NT/Capcom in the ass since it takes the game from a borderline T rating (imo - I know previous DMC games were M) to a firm M. A lot of parents probably would have an issue with their kids playing games with this kind of language, even if the violence weren't all that graphic. And it is, in this game. (That was one gnarly death scene.)

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

A lot of parents probably would have an issue with their kids playing games with this kind of language

well this games isnt for them quite and simple its for grown ups :D.......run along little kids and let daddy kick the demons ass for you :D:p

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
LOL i dont have a god dam clue :D:D:D:D about a 100000000000000000000 so basically when the earth was born :D:D *ohhhfff safe * :p
13 coming 14 in a couple of weeks i just act mature and play 18 games and watch 18 films i have once online been mistaken for a 30 year old :p

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

13 coming 14 in a couple of weeks i just act mature and play 18 games and watch 18 films i have once online been mistaken for a 30 year old :p
well bro for me age is just a number to keep u in track of time nothing more nothing less.....im 20 but that doesnt mean that i should treat anyone different just cuz he is younger or more older than me :)

Laurence Barnes

Premium
well bro for me age is just a number to keep u in track of time nothing more nothing less.....im 20 but that doesnt mean that i should treat anyone different just cuz he is younger or more older than me :)
thats why i hide my age so once i reveal it people will realise that :)

Laurence Barnes

Premium
well for me that doesnt change the fact that your an awesome person :)
:cool: thanks man but just saying all through out my life i've always been told im mature for my age thats why my mum alows me to watch whatever i went and play any game i want well aslong as we have the money

im not spoilt :mad: at all, my dads awesome woah random o_o

Nelo_Vergil

:cool: thanks man but just saying all through out my life i've always been told im mature for my age thats why my mum alows me to watch whatever i went and play any game i want well aslong as we have the money

im not spoilt :mad: at all, my dads awesome woah random o_o

you guys have yet to see a picture of me :ermm: i'm 16 going 17 tmorro and i look 24 or 25

Laurence Barnes

Premium
you guys have yet to see a picture of me :ermm: i'm 16 going 17 tmorro and i look 24 or 25
i know a guy whos 16 i thought he was 30 hes huge

ooh i have yet to comment about the vid

ummmm yeah that woman was one sexy girl XD that guy wasn't fit for the vid at first i was like stop showing off and get to the smackdown!!!

Top Bottom