• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MVCI leak + DMC5 rumor

Reign

Annnnnd before this goes any further! :D

Let's not complain about how terrible the DMC fanbase is on a DMC fan forum, please. Only ever ends in nonsense and thread closures. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Actually, that's not the direction I was taking this in. It's more of a "we need to be better" and "do more" for our community like stopping those people who take it too far, rather than sitting by watching it all unfold and adding fuel to the fire.

I've read up on a lot of folks here and their opinions, but a lot don't seem to know when they are taking things too far. Especially when someone new is like "I like DmC" and they just bombard that person with negativity and calling them noobs.

Just recently I commented on a Youtube video by Yo Videogames' Simmons. I told him what actually went down rather than what he thought went down. He started claiming I was apart of the problem. I wasn't even confrontational with him, I just let him know the story and thanked him for making the video. The guy goes off the rails about how Ninja Theory was saying F you to fans because of the mophead joke and how they showed OG Dante in a cowboy movie and said that he was dumb.

Now that the smoke has cleared, you'd think people like this wouldn't be around, but they still are and they still believe that the internet told them right. I explained what happened to him and even other fans started chiming in stating that I was right and trying to get him to understand that he was wrong and nope. Just saying, it's not right to let these folks run around spreading rumors that affect our community's reputation.

Meg

Actually, that's not the direction I was taking this in. It's more of a "we need to be better" and "do more" for our community like stopping those people who take it too far, rather than sitting by watching it all unfold and adding fuel to the fire.

I've read up on a lot of folks here and their opinions, but a lot don't seem to know when they are taking things too far. Especially when someone new is like "I like DmC" and they just bombard that person with negativity and calling them noobs.

Just recently I commented on a Youtube video by Yo Videogames' Simmons. I told him what actually went down rather than what he thought went down. He started claiming I was apart of the problem. I wasn't even confrontational with him, I just let him know the story and thanked him for making the video. The guy goes off the rails about how Ninja Theory was saying F you to fans because of the mophead joke and how they showed OG Dante in a cowboy movie and said that he was dumb.

Now that the smoke has cleared, you'd think people like this wouldn't be around, but they still are and they still believe that the internet told them right. I explained what happened to him and even other fans started chiming in stating that I was right and trying to get him to understand that he was wrong and nope. Just saying, it's not right to let these folks run around spreading rumors that affect our community's reputation.
All I ask is that you be mindful of what you say and how you say it.

Reign

All I ask is that you be mindful of what you say and how you say it.

Is this harassment? It feels like harassment. You want me to watch my mouth and yet nothing I've said here is ENOUGH to trigger anyone into a crybaby fit. If you felt a certain way about what I've said then vocalize it. What I've said is the perception of DMC fans and at least, out of everyone you've met, I'm attempting to DO SOMETHING about it.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm hoping if DMC5's look is being used for Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite then I hope its one I like :nailbiting::blush::cool:.

That's true of DMC5 itself because I hope its something that catches my eye and brings back the excitement I felt when I first saw DMC3's trailer. Hell I even watched the tgs10 DmC trailer 42 times so if it gets me too do that then I'll be a happy camper:':)happy::thumbsup:.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Reign: I don't think Meg has a problem with what you've said. I don't think that was the issue. But if you feel that way about the fandom, no problem. However, let us deal with those who are causing trouble and giving things a bad name. All @AgentRedgrave was trying to say is that sometimes people will over criticise something. It doesn't mean that we should take every little negative outlook on DMC or DmC as a personal insult to our feelings as fans, because that's not what it is. You get to tell the difference between those members going out of their ways to belittle such things, trust me. We have had more than our fair share of experiences in that regard.

Meg was just politely trying to keep things to the topic without anything unintentionally escalating. There's no need for anyone to take anything said here to heart.

Let's stick to the script =)

Kurisu

Bunny mom
I would like to believe the rumor, but we'll just have to wait and see since nothing's clear yet. We saw a lot of rumors since 2015, but Capcom won't say a word about DMC in general since they released DMC4 SE and DmC DE, so I don't know what to believe... But if Itsuno is gonna keep his world about what would happen if the games sold well, we should expect a new game. Again, we'll have to wait.

Meg

*better late than never*

@Reign LoD hit the nail on the head. I got what you were saying, but the way your initially said it (your first two posts about the community before clarifying) came off as something that could start an argument. Which has happened more times than I can count. All I asked is you be mindful about how you phrase things. Now let's move on and stay there. :thumbsup:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It be cool if Dante's appearance in MVCI ends up being an early look at how he would act/look in DMC5.

Reign

@Reign: I don't think Meg has a problem with what you've said. I don't think that was the issue. But if you feel that way about the fandom, no problem. However, let us deal with those who are causing trouble and giving things a bad name. All @AgentRedgrave was trying to say is that sometimes people will over criticise something. It doesn't mean that we should take every little negative outlook on DMC or DmC as a personal insult to our feelings as fans, because that's not what it is. You get to tell the difference between those members going out of their ways to belittle such things, trust me. We have had more than our fair share of experiences in that regard.

Meg was just politely trying to keep things to the topic without anything unintentionally escalating. There's no need for anyone to take anything said here to heart.

Let's stick to the script =)

Oh ok, it was misleading because it was stated that a complaint against the community was being applied. Then after an extensive explanation, I get a message that says "watch what you say". You coming in and having to clean that up isn't necessary. The person/persons who you are subbing for should heed their own words in the end. Assumptions lead to escalation. As demonstrated above. No shade btw.

Now the script is MvCI and what they're going to have to do about Injustice 2, Tekken, Guilty Gear, and any other fighter this year. It's a glorious time to be apart of the FGC. Dante will be making an appearance, it's **** near impossible for him not to.

Definitely want him to appear beside Deadpool and Vergil to appear with Demetri opposing them.

Last edited:

Meg

Well come on, no matter what we see, we now have an idea of what the general community of DMC is like. So much hate for nothing. Capcom would probably just give us a youtube series that's 10 minutes a episode and be done with it.

That is what we deserve if anything. Lol
Hmm. I don't know. Death threats, protests, and just plain hatred for anything Capcom attempts to do. That's what DMC fans do. Megaman fans will whine, but death threats? No. Any other fandom in Capcom would NOT do this. If people hate hearing this perception then that's what it is and that's what it'll stay. I don't even think NT would return because of the insanity, they are proud of DmC, but they are not proud with the type of people they had to deal with.

I bolded the parts where you call out the DMC fanbase as a whole. Hence why I said to watch what you say/how you say it. I appreciated your explanation, but it didn't change the fact you did call out the entire DMC fanbase twice. Which I then requested you refrain from doing as it usually leads to arguments.

I'd be more than happy to talk to you about this more if you still don't understand where I'm coming from. But I would prefer that be in the form of a PM.

Reign

I bolded the parts where you call out the DMC fanbase as a whole. Hence why I said to watch what you say/how you say it. I appreciated your explanation, but it didn't change the fact you did call out the entire DMC fanbase twice. Which I then requested you refrain from doing as it usually leads to arguments.

I'd be more than happy to talk to you about this more if you still don't understand where I'm coming from. But I would prefer that be in the form of a PM.

Question is. Is any of it a lie or nah? Did I spout out facts about what happened in the past with the DMC community, which I'm apart of?

Meg

Question is. Is any of it a lie or nah? Did I spout out facts about what happened in the past with the DMC community, which I'm apart of?
Reign. My man. What are you doing? I just said to send me a PM if you wanted to talk about this further. As such, I'm banning you from the thread for the next three hours. No more of this nonsense in this thread okay? PMs are your friend.

Apologies to everyone here trying to have a friendly discussion. Please continue.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

In a very unwarranted sort of way, yes.

The point is, why are you bringing up that stuff at all? If your point is to call out the fans and say that they're taking things too far (even though that wasn't the point of this discussion) then you're raising an issue that didn't need to be raised in the first place. You're also derailing this thread.

Yeah, our members are split. Yes, some like the reboot, and some don't. Nobody even mentioned that or anything else as a problem, because nobody was looking to call it out and bring up the past like you did with your posts. You're allowed your opinion, and some of what you're saying I can agree with, but it doesn't merit the fact that we're going off-topic.

By all means, I'm not trying to stifle your right to express your views. But there's really no need to take something into a potentially hostile direction when you've been kindly asked not to by two staff members.

Can we now please kindly move on.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Uhm... It seems like this turmoil generated from this post of mine.

Special editions ain't the same thing as making a whole new game though.

It seems like it was interpreted as something to spite some people in the fandom but I honestly don't get how... It looks clear to me I was merely talking about how the cost, money and resources wise, of making a special edition can't be compared to making an entirely new game from scratch.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm more concerned about the story of DMC5 than gameplay. I was pretty excited after playing 3 and 4/DmC/anime let me down. I'm hoping its something i like.

Even thought we do find fault in how the story is told, it's not as bad as it could be. There's alot of good ideas and the story do hold up. I even think it wouldnt be as hard to make a good live action movie out of it as people think.

I think Bingo's problem might have been he found it hard to write characters he didnt create. Or maybe he just found it harder to write for Dante than he thought. So i think getting someone who feels comfortable writing for established characters would be ideal.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 had a writer come in to do the character interactions and Injustice had someone from DC so maybe bringing in someone from Marvel to do DMC5 would be interesting.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Question: is Dante or anyone of the DMC cast going to be in MVCI?
Because the trailer for it looks friggin kickass but I'm not buying unless I get my eyecandy.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Question: is Dante or anyone of the DMC cast going to be in MVCI?
Because the trailer for it looks friggin kickass but I'm not buying unless I get my eyecandy.
The only announced characters so far are Captain America, Mega Man X, Captain Marvel, Morrigan, Iron Man and Ryu.

We have yet to learn if DMC is even going to be represented at all yet.

Reign

In a very unwarranted sort of way, yes.

The point is, why are you bringing up that stuff at all? If your point is to call out the fans and say that they're taking things too far (even though that wasn't the point of this discussion) then you're raising an issue that didn't need to be raised in the first place. You're also derailing this thread.

Yeah, our members are split. Yes, some like the reboot, and some don't. Nobody even mentioned that or anything else as a problem, because nobody was looking to call it out and bring up the past like you did with your posts. You're allowed your opinion, and some of what you're saying I can agree with, but it doesn't merit the fact that we're going off-topic.

By all means, I'm not trying to stifle your right to express your views. But there's really no need to take something into a potentially hostile direction when you've been kindly asked not to by two staff members.

Can we now please kindly move on.

You asked me a question in which I took, with you, into a PM. You decided to ignore that PM. So I guess we're still on this. I gave you ample enough time to cool off. Now it's time to answer your question. Why did I bring this stuff up? Because someone was curious as to why I said what I did before. It's a "you gotta read the thread to know" kind of thing.

My point is not to call out fans, here, in this thread. Never was. So, if you are raising an issue about a (clearly) non-existent issue, then you are derailing the thread.

We're off topic because someone thought I was insulting everyone here. Chose to assume rather than ask. You chose to intervene. I chose to speak with you in private. You chose not to respond. Here we are. You're a mod right? Was my question about how you felt about what I've said prior to this post not sufficient enough for you? This seems to be the only place where you'd talk back. There is no need to take this into a hostile direction? I explained why we shouldn't earlier in this thread. It escalated to this because you had to take an action that ignores anything I've said. Then you tell me to watch what I say? That's harassment or even borders on a threat. I shouldn't have to make remarks like these.

I apologize to anyone who's reading this easily avoidable situation. This is the only chance of me getting a response from this MOD.

Last edited:

Meg

You asked me a question in which I took, with you, into a PM. You decided to ignore that PM. So I guess we're still on this. I gave you ample enough time to cool off. Now it's time to answer your question. Why did I bring this stuff up? Because someone was curious as to why I said what I did before. It's a "you gotta read the thread to know" kind of thing.

My point is not to call out fans, here, in this thread. Never was. So, if you are raising an issue about a (clearly) non-existent issue, then you are derailing the thread.

We're off topic because someone thought I was insulting everyone here. Chose to assume rather than ask. You chose to intervene. I chose to speak with you in private. You chose not to respond. Here we are. You're a mod right? Was my question about how you felt about what I've said prior to this post not sufficient enough for you? This seems to be the only place where you'd talk back. There is no need to take this into a hostile direction? I explained why we shouldn't earlier in this thread. It escalated to this because you had to take an action that ignores anything I've said. Then you tell me to watch what I say? That's harassment or even borders on a threat. I shouldn't have to make remarks like these.

I apologize to anyone who's reading this easily avoidable situation. This is the only chance of me getting a response from this MOD.
I think just about every member of the staff has tried talking to you about your behavior, and everything just goes in one ear and out the other. So you'll have to excuse us with getting bored and not wanting to repeat ourselves over and over again. As far as LoD not responding to your PM, that was because he already said everything he wanted to in this thread. Which you have now continued to derail. So guess what? You're now banned from this thread permanently.

Top Bottom