• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Movie about Geralt of Rivia incoming

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
http://platige.com/en/page/659-SdcWorkWithTomekBaginski

The rumor has been around for quite a while, but here is confirmation.

Sean Daniel Company, known for productions like The Mummy or the TV series The Expanse, has become Platige Films' partner for the production of a movie centered aaround the character of Geralt of Rivia, the protagonist of the Witcher books by Andrzej Sapkowski and the games by CD Projekt RED.

24y4thf.png

The film will be based on the short stories The Witcher and Lesser Evil, from The Last Wish collection. It's intended to be an introduction to the Witcher world and the beginning of a series.

Script is being written by Thania St. John, who was involved in Grimm, Chicago Fire and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Director is gonna be Tomek Baginski, Oscar nominated for The Cathedral:

He also directed the Witcher 2 opening cinematic trailer:

as well as Witcher 3's Killing Monsters trailer:

and The Trail opening cinematic:

The world premiere is planned in 2017.

Also, I read it will be a CG movie, but I couldn't find confirmation of it.

Last edited:

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Maybe an new info on the movie as i translated this from Polish website what also do gaming news :

In today's interview with Gazeta Wyborcza director Tomek Baginski presented some of my thoughts about the film in Poland and in the world. In addition to thinking about how to promote native country with cinema, revealed few details about The Witcher film.

Here's what we learned:

Previous adaptation is not quite a point of reference for the director - games are an inspiration, but not by much. The most important are the stories - those early, small-scale, ideal for a budget of $ 30 million.
Photos will be shot in Poland, in an interview lists "Bieszczady and Podlasie, partly Jura". However, it may turn out that the accountants decide to change locations.
Americans responsible for the film from writer Thania St. John at the head met the mystery of Sapkowski, to discuss the project. Apparently Sapkowski erudition impressed and helped them understand the phenomenon of the series - when asked whether supposedly neutral AS is interested in the adaptations, the director replied, "interested, but has the wisdom of a patient who trusts his surgeon".
Dialogues are to be in English, but Baginski hopes that the film largely retain the "Polishness". "After the fashion of Norwegian crime fiction can come fashion for Polish science fiction. A little Slavic bit different, strange. We have the unique landscapes, but also outfits, aesthetics, unique design emerging at the interface between the West and the East." Geralt also compared to the Pole, who says stupid, but if necessary it comes to action.
"If all goes well," casting will take place early next year. The director hopes that 2016 will be a photo.
Baginski has no plans to return to animation - it looks like it could do with its use anything except the Family theater or comedy.

Top Bottom