• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Most underrated games

Meg

What are some games you like that didn't get the love or attention they deserved?

Mine:

Valkyria Chronicles II
The Sly Collection
Final Fantasy XIII
Crush
Prince of Persia (Reboot)

I'll probably be adding to this later.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Off the top of my head...

Chronicles Of Riddick Escape From Butcher Bay
The Darkness
Shenmue series
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Blazblue
Bioshock 2
Prince of Persia (2008)
Tron Evolution
Valkyria Chronicles
Resident Evil Outbreak
Malice
Destroy All Humans Path of the Furon

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Bioshock 2?
FFXIII?
Prince of Persia 2008?

Underrated doesn't mean what you think it does, evidently, considering they were huge, triple A releases. :lol:

Underrated games are things like the STALKER series, Shenmue, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, Dungeon Keeper.
Hell, FFXIII was one of the biggest, most anticipated releases of 2010, but it sucked.

Now, with that out of the way, I'm pretty much gonna agree with Andy and say STALKER and Shenmue.
Of others, I'd say the Judge Dredd: Dread vs Death game, which kicked major ass.

The X series from Egosoft is also massively underrated considering the sheer scope, immensity and awesomeness of it, also, Fallout Tactics is the hugely under appreciated child of the Fallout series just because it did things a bit differently.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and it's sequel.
Gradius series.
Metroid Prime. Critical success, but I don't think they sold well.
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy.
Arc the Lad series.
Maximo series.
No More Heroes series.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos?

Bloomin' Spyro stole all of his limelight but to be fair the sequel was atrocious. Still it would be nice to see the little fella resurface.

Meg

Angelo Credo;293684 said:
Bioshock 2?
FFXIII?
Prince of Persia 2008?

Underrated doesn't mean what you think it does, evidently, considering they were huge, triple A releases. :lol:

Underrated games are things like the STALKER series, Shenmue, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, Dungeon Keeper.
Hell, FFXIII was one of the biggest, most anticipated releases of 2010, but it sucked.

Actually I meant any games that don't get the love they deserve and in my opinion FFXIII doesn't deserve all the hate. So :p

Now with that out of the way-

Ok now I'm just being a pest. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
After talking about the new Battlefield DLC i want to add the Battlefield series to my list as its always overshadowed by CoD series.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Dark Drakan;294210 said:
After talking about the new Battlefield DLC i want to add the Battlefield series to my list as its always overshadowed by CoD series.

I wonder who you were discussing that with. :lol:
But yeah, seconded on this, Bad Company 2 in particular at the moment because it's a brilliant game which blows CoD out of the water, yet it gets immediately overshadowed by MW2 and Black Ops.

aka958

Don't trust people
Angelo Credo;294224 said:
I wonder who you were discussing that with. :lol:
But yeah, seconded on this, Bad Company 2 in particular at the moment because it's a brilliant game which blows CoD out of the water, yet it gets immediately overshadowed by MW2 and Black Ops.

I see that and I got to agree. There are those who play Bad Company 2 at my school, but mention CoD and everyone will immediatly know what it is and say they like it.

My father only plays Bad Company 2, it's a really damn nice game. But I can see how CoD shines too with more tight and small maps. But some just like the feeling of war over a huge terrain sometimes. :p Or... semi-huge.

I could agree about Battlefield being underrated, and Medal of Honor for that part too. But I like neither so I can't add them.

I can't think of any underrated games in my experience, haven't thought about other people's whining about the games I like, but I'll come back with a game later. ^_^

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Dark Drakan;293664 said:
Off the top of my head...

The Darkness
Holy ****, someone besides me actually played this game! This was a must buy for me considering I'm a Top Cow fan and I love Witchblade and Darkness comics. Game did not disappoint.

Now where the hell is my Witchblade game?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;294254 said:
Holy ****, someone besides me actually played this game! This was a must buy for me considering I'm a Top Cow fan and I love Witchblade and Darkness comics. Game did not disappoint.

Now where the hell is my Witchblade game?

Lots of my friends played it (after my recommendation) and all praised it highly and lots of developers have a real liking for it too and have praised it in the past. It was underrated along with Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay (Starbreeze Studios previous title) and a brilliant game.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Star Fox:Assault,seriously...hated just because of the voice acting....(goes into sarcasm mode)Oh,I mean...its not like the gameplay or soundtrack or anything of important crap matters,lets just hate the game...because the characters are voiced terribly...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I actually didn't think the VA in SF:A was bad... Probably because I was used to the cheesy 64 VAs.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Storm Silves;294919 said:
I actually didn't think the VA in SF:A was bad... Probably because I was used to the cheesy 64 VAs.
That is so true...I mean....only Slippy's voice bothered me.Everyone's elses were just fine...

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
Brave Fencer Musashi
Xenogears
Xenosaga series
Shinobi
Bujingai
Okami

That's my underrated games.

Top Bottom