• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Moses is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

moseslmpg

My fellow users,

I am here to announce some (un)fortunate news, depending on who you are: I have decided, after considerable deliberation, to leave the forum. I note this here for posterity, rather than out of the illusion that anyone does or should care about this simple fact.

There’s no need to go into the ugly details, but I would like to make sure that everyone is clear: I am not leaving the forum because of any of you. I like this forum, I like the topics that are posted, and the fics, and the art, and all of that. DmC supporters, DINO haters, Nero lovers, and Vergil naysayers, to you I say, carry on. There is nothing wrong with the activity here, the arguing, the creativity, the disagreement, the mindless fun. I myself would not have it any other way. The last thing I would want was a forum full of people like me, and I’m sure many of you would echo this sentiment :p

Suffice it to say, that I leave on principle alone, as idealistic and naive as that may sound. I simply cannot abide certain functional aspects of the forum’s current structure, and rather than equivocating with myself and rationalizing my continued presence here, I have decided to do the foolish thing and leave. I leave knowing that many will rejoice, and a scant few will pause briefly in regret, and then carry on as that moment passes, and that ultimately, my absence will amount to nothing more than a hazy and confusing insignificant fact in the collective unconscious of the forum.

This exile need not be permanent, but if my principles remain intact and the offending structural aspects of the forum do not rectify themselves, it invariably will be. I will keep abreast of the going's on here, inasmuch as I am able to as that voyeuristic shade of a user known only as Guest, but I cannot agree to contribute to the forum any longer. I suspect it will be out of my hands soon enough regardless.

In any case, and I hate to punish you innocent users, I have regrettably decided to remove both of the Manberg fics on this forum, and to relocate them to Devil’s Lair and FF.net. The stylesheets aren't quite s stylish, but you can see the words on the page, and that's all that matters. I myself will be found on the IGN DMC forums and the Devil’s Lair forums, always as moseslmpg.

What more is there to say? It was nice while it lasted.

Moses

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Moses what can I say?
I would by lying if I said I saw eye to eye with you about almost anything but can't say I ever really hated you as a person you were Moses and I think a lot of us came to accept that. You could always be trusted to say exactly what was on your mind and you never beat about the bush on anything which I can't deny is admirable. There is nothing more boring than a forum where everybody is happy, peaceful and agreeing on everything, a forum with discord is a forum which character and I think you will be taking a lot of it's current character with you when you go.

I have to say seeing you leave does not make me feel happy at all although I always thought would have given me a feeling of great relief. This place may be a bit more peaceful without you but it will certainly be a lot less exiting and if you never come back I will genuinely miss seeing your avatar and thinking "uh oh here it comes".

Catch you on the flipside Moses (and by that I mean you just reminded me that I used to have an account on devils lair which I am going to try and ressurect)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It's quite a shame to see you go Moses, I genuinely mean that. Like Darth Angelo said, you will take quite a lot of character out of this place. I agree that this place would be plain if everybody was to agree. And I agree that there can be forms of disagreeing. But I wouldn't accept the principle of someone disagreeing to somebody else's opinion, and that's really the only thing that bugs me.

Anyway, if you ever decide to come back, I'm sure there's a chair waiting for you. So you're always welcome to come back and take a seat.

Have a happy future, and good luck, in whatever life may bring you ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
While I don't think I ever truly agreed with you, Moses, I don't think you're a bad person. Like what the other two said, with you gone, the character of this place plummets.

Oh well... Sh1t happens, I guess. Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I'm going to miss you moses. I like the cut of your jib in a lot of your posts. Your posts are so articulate and well written, a rarity online.

So what message board you going to now if you don't mind me asking?

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
See you later. Never talked to you much, and I didn't always agree with you, but I never fell into the category of users that disliked. See you another time, maybe.

Nice outro

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
always thought you were a bit pompous, but dislike would be a stretch.

i've decided to remember you like this.
moses.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom