• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Middle-earth: Shadow of War

Dark Drakan

Admin
MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF WAR ANNOUNCED

After news of its development leaked yesterday we have the first trailer & news that it will be a Play Anywhere title on Xbox & PC & will launch on XB1, PS4 & PC on August 22nd 2017.

Players can also migrate their Shadow of Mordor onto Xbox Scorpio for no additional fee should they upgrade. You won’t need to buy the game again, basically. This all comes down to the way the Xbox eco-system works. Buy it for one platform, access it across all of its platforms.

“Xbox Play Anywhere enables gamers to save their Middle-earth: Shadow of War progress, DLC (including add-ons, Expansion Pass and in-game unlocks), Gamerscore and Achievements to their Xbox Live cloud-synced player profiles, so they can pick up where they left on another Xbox One or Windows 10 PC.”
se and you do upgrade, you can migrate your Shadow of Mordor onto the platform for no additional fee. You won’t need to buy the game again, basically. This all comes down to the way the Xbox eco-system works. Buy it for one platform, access it across all of its platforms

Frazz

General gamer
The trailer looks interesting! I do love the Lord of the Rings universe and visuals. I remember playing Shadow of Mordor when it came out but at the time I grew bored of it quickly due to the overuse of the Arkham combat in the games industry. Considering that it's been a while since I've played an Arkham style game the gameplay for this one might be fresh enough for me to love it...I did really enjoy the Nemesis system from SoM so hopefully that's been upgraded as well as combat.

Sidenote: thinking of upgraded combat made me think of how awesome a LotR game with Platinum Games handling the combat would be!

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
Although I still haven't played Shadow of Mordor, I am very excited for this. (They've got motherfriggin Balrogs for crying out loud :D)
I've been a fan of The Lord of The Rings since I was small, so this is definitely something to look forward to for me.

I have been watching my friend play Shadow of Mordor constantly and it looks pretty fun, so I'll probably pick up the Game of The Year edition soon so I can catch up. :tongue:

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
this is good news! I can't say that I loved SoM but I had a great time playing. It was like Batman except the death animations were vicious. some thing I thought Arkam Knight might out on being an M rated game. The one thing I can think of to make the game better is having castles to infiltrate and more creatures to fight. All in all I'm excited yet again for video games

Dark Drakan

Admin
The one thing I can think of to make the game better is having castles to infiltrate and more creatures to fight. All in all I'm excited yet again for video games

Judging by the trailer we will have more enemies to fight and also they have confirmed that the nemesis system will effect how bases/castles will look etc so can expect varied bases to infiltrate too.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War PC system requirements released

Minimum
  • Processor: Intel i5-2550K 3.4 GHz
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 670, Radeon HD 7950
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 60GB available space

Recommended
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz
  • Memory: 16GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 1060, Radeon R9 290X, or Radeon RX 480
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 60GB available space

Middle-earth: Shadow of War is out August 22 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
While the first one was really good, it was lacking in boss battles. And this video didn't really sell me on those... The whole army mechanic looks interesting though.
I'm gonna wait and see how this one turns out.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I thought they had made an improvement on boss battles based on the footage (granted it was only 16mins) but with allied orcs now being able to get involved (adding whole new strategy element with strengths/weaknesses of each) and whole scale with armies & seiges was much larger.

Plus looks like it will be multiple "bosses" in a row to get to main warcheif (even more so than bodyguard style of Shadow of Mordor). Some chiefs ended up being pretty easy in original & hopefully it's more fleshed out system this time & end boss isn't as disappointing as original. I do like the sound of these new ideas though and hope they work as well in final product & we do have some truly dynamic conflicts & rivalries.

I did like the army addition too as makes it more worth your time to recruit people, plus the Wyvern fight etc looked really good. On a whole I'm impressed already & my anticipation has just shot up & I really liked the original & nemesis system improvements sound great in theory.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Already pre-ordered. Loved the first game, though I hated how the final boss was a quick time event. Been replaying Shadow of Mordor to get myself in the mood. Though it's not as good as Witcher 3.
When I bought these games, it was literally after I finally took up Game of Thrones, and was really in the mood for a fantasy medieval game. Hence why I bought both, got Shadow of Mordor first, loved it, beat it. Started to replay, but then when I got Witcher 3, again, fantasy medieval game, and instantly concluded it was a superior game. So I traded in Shadow of Mordor.
When Shadow of War's announcement trailer came out though, I went a bought a second-hand copy of Shadow of Mordor, to replay.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The Shadow of War devs talk expanding beyond Mordor, to Gondor, Minas Ithil and further afield

There's good reason why Middle-earth: Shadow of War has dropped the Mordor bit - it's got much bigger geographical plans. Speaking to OXM, Monolith Studios has talked about "massively increasing the scale of the game" to take in new areas.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War might solve open-world gaming’s biggest problem

Shadow of War remembers your decisions – and its effect on those around you – to create a believable, persistent world

AngryJoe Shadow of War Gameplay Reaction

Top Bottom