• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metallica

poikly

Anyone like American thrash-metal quartet Metallica?

I have been getting into them alot recently. Does anyone else like them?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Been listening to them for many many years, one of the bands i was brought up listening to along with many others.

Dark Alpha Wolf

The Ace of The Game
Yeah, Metallica! One of my top favorite bands, if not my absolute favorite! Am I into 'em?! I live for 'em! (not literally, but it's an expression of how devoted I am to 'em). And I'm FRIENDS with 'em on myspace!!! wOOt!!!

Saix

Devil's Advocate
They're getting a lot of fans from Guitar Hero players :p
Ive loved them for years... But I do love 'one' and 'nothing else matters'

Dark Alpha Wolf

The Ace of The Game
I own the Black Album, so I get to listen to them whenever I want, including that I have songs from many of their albums on my computer and my XBox

Dark Drakan

Admin
MochaCub;137444 said:
Metallica rocks so hard, but I still prefer Disturbed.

Disturbed are also one of my fave bands but Metallica were the ones to put Heavy/Thrash Metal onto the main stages.

Iced Digger

When Metallica first arrived on the scene, which for the "Guitar Hero" lovers who've just discovered them and sadly like them because of that, was 1981. Until 1991, they were great. Then, the black album happened it was the end. As time progressed they slowly spit on thier original fans bt releasing Load. Which sounded like me going to the bathroom, CRAP! Reload, just as bad. S&M is even worse. St. Anger is one of the worst rock albums are all time. I call it rock because it's not metal, if it was we call it a discrace.

The new album was a step forward, sadly they stepped even further back by jumping on the Guitar Hero bandwagon.

SELL OUT'S!

I hate Metallica, that's all I have to say.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Iced Digger;137640 said:
When Metallica first arrived on the scene, which for the "Guitar Hero" lovers who've just discovered them and sadly like them because of that, was 1981. Until 1991, they were great. Then, the black album happened it was the end. As time progressed they slowly spit on thier original fans bt releasing Load. Which sounded like me going to the bathroom, CRAP! Reload, just as bad. S&M is even worse. St. Anger is one of the worst rock albums are all time. I call it rock because it's not metal, if it was we call it a discrace.

The new album was a step forward, sadly they stepped even further back by jumping on the Guitar Hero bandwagon.

SELL OUT'S!

I hate Metallica, that's all I have to say.

The new album was quality and St Anger was rubbish to say the least. However you can not call them sell outs of that, they have achieved everything in their career they wanted to and just wanted to branch to a new audience.

Iced Digger

Dark Drakan;137738 said:
The new album was quality and St Anger was rubbish to say the least. However you can not call them sell outs because of that, they have achieved everything in their career they wanted to and just wanted to branch to a new audience.

An Admin double post! :O

If they've achived "everything," then what's the point of trying to branch out?

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Dark Drakan;137475 said:
Disturbed are also one of my fave bands but Metallica were the ones to put Heavy/Thrash Metal onto the main stages.

Can't disagree with that at all.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Iced Digger;137748 said:
An Admin double post! :O

If they've achived "everything," then what's the point of trying to branch out?

My browser crashed and double posted. :lol:

Because they are lovers of music and wanted to try something new for themselves.

Dark Alpha Wolf

The Ace of The Game
How can you call Metallica sell-outs?! I agree that their jumping on the Guitar Hero bandwagon was a not-so-smart idea, but I certainly don't believe they're sell-outs! And no, they haven't achieve it all. No one ever has. They simply are going in a new direction, into territory they haven't been to before. That's being adventurous, not selling out.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dark Alpha Wolf;137922 said:
How can you call Metallica sell-outs?! I agree that their jumping on the Guitar Hero bandwagon was a not-so-smart idea, but I certainly don't believe they're sell-outs! And no, they haven't achieve it all. No one ever has. They simply are going in a new direction, into territory they haven't been to before. That's being adventurous, not selling out.

Agreed everyone likes to get their name out there more and explore new musical avenues.

Iced Digger

Yeah, and they did a GREAT job with that, you've heard St. Anger? Who where they branching that to, 11 year old kids who think it's mad awesome brutOOl! :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Iced Digger;138515 said:
Yeah, and they did a GREAT job with that, you've heard St. Anger? Who where they branching that to, 11 year old kids who think it's mad awesome brutOOl! :lol:

That was a huge step in the wrong direction and the album was terrible. Im a big Metallica fan and i think i listened to that album 3 times before deleting it off my computer... awful.

Iced Digger

Dark Drakan;138730 said:
That was a huge step in the wrong direction and the album was terrible. Im a big Metallica fan and i think i listened to that album 3 times before deleting it off my computer... awful.

Any album before the Black album is good, pure thrash. After thayt, just poppy rock. Now that mainstream metal is rising again, Metallica have decided to "go back to thier roots."

Nu-metal/metalcore sucks. Now, Metallica are concidered thrash again. When in reality their just a shell of a fomer band that was good over two decades ago.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Iced Digger;138792 said:
Any album before the Black album is good, pure thrash. After thayt, just poppy rock. Now that mainstream metal is rising again, Metallica have decided to "go back to thier roots."

Nu-metal/metalcore sucks. Now, Metallica are concidered thrash again. When in reality their just a shell of a fomer band that was good over two decades ago.

I have to say i really do like their newest album though.

Top Bottom