• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MercurySteam Was Working on Metroid Wii U/3DS

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Yeah those producer list sounds like western names xD
Keep in mind, the last time Nintendo outsourced Metroid to a Japanese 3rd-Party was when Team Ninja did Metroid: Other M.

Now, I haven't played the game, and I really couldn't give less of a sh!t about the "story" or "what they did to Samus' character", so I can't guarantee if that was a wasted effort or not.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Keep in mind, the last time Nintendo outsourced Metroid to a Japanese 3rd-Party was when Team Ninja did Metroid: Other M.

Now, I haven't played the game, and I really couldn't give less of a sh!t about the "story" or "what they did to Samus' character", so I can't guarantee if that was a wasted effort or not.
Pretty much all metroids were made under Nintendo's producers, I think they wouldnt allow Mercury Steam to make something solely on their own.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium

I'm not the biggest fan of Team Ninja, but they mostly handled programming and 3D modelling since it was the Ninja Gaiden engine that was incorporated into Other M.
The travesty that is story and characterization was handled by Sakamoto, the co-creator of Metroid. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Top Bottom