• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

May I Cry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbg711

絶望した
So I've checked a few threads. But I still feel like creating a thread of my own to express my frustration.

So they've started working on a reboot. Dante looks like an emo dikhead, smokes cigarettes, completely lacks taste in clothes, has a lasso-like excuse for a sword, and a memory of a tortured drug-addict.
Where's the demonic white hair? Where's the spanish slash arrogant slash cool attitude? Where's the PIZZA for god's sake?!

Now, first of all, Devil May Cry isn't mainly about Dante. DMC is a universe with it's own story, characters, environment, and most importantly, aura!
As I'll probably quote someone on this forum, "Dante is Dante". And, indeed, no matter how absurdly oldschool he may seem, he's still the arrogant arsehole from hell we all know and love.

Now, back in the old days (old days = dmc1-4), the compilation of the game's art style, heavenly/hellish soundtrack, magnificent world architecture, interrelated stories and characters was what let DMC become DMC.
The Devil May Cry title solely belongs to Sparda, Dante, Nero, Vergil, Trish, Lady, Bigass Sword, Yamato, and Pizza!

If you want to create a completely different game, then give it a different title. I really don't fancy halfassed marketing tricks of attracting attention to new products just by slapping them with popular trademarks.

And, even if it's too early to speculate or jump to conclusions, I'm still expressing my opinion that's solely formed by the teaser video itself.
So if there's really no reason for worry, given the chance that the game won't live up to its presentation, all I've left to say is: Either capcom seriously fked up with their announcement teaser video, or they simply fked up... entirely.

aka958

Don't trust people
sbg711;284548 said:
So I've checked a few threads. But I still feel like creating a thread of my own to express my frustration.

So they've started working on a reboot. Dante looks like an emo dikhead, smokes cigarettes, completely lacks taste in clothes, has a lasso-like excuse for a sword, and a memory of a tortured drug-addict.
Where's the demonic white hair? Where's the spanish slash arrogant slash cool attitude? Where's the PIZZA for god's sake?!

Now, first of all, Devil May Cry isn't mainly about Dante. DMC is a universe with it's own story, characters, environment, and most importantly, aura!
As I'll probably quote someone on this forum, "Dante is Dante". And, indeed, no matter how absurdly oldschool he may seem, he's still the arrogant arsehole from hell we all know and love.

Now, back in the old days (old days = dmc1-4), the compilation of the game's art style, heavenly/hellish soundtrack, magnificent world architecture, interrelated stories and characters was what let DMC become DMC.
The Devil May Cry title solely belongs to Sparda, Dante, Nero, Vergil, Trish, Lady, Bigass Sword, Yamato, and Pizza!

If you want to create a completely different game, then give it a different title. I really don't fancy halfassed marketing tricks of attracting attention to new products just by slapping them with popular trademarks.

And, even if it's too early to speculate or jump to conclusions, I'm still expressing my opinion that's solely formed by the teaser video itself.
So if there's really no reason for worry, given the chance that the game won't live up to its presentation, all I've left to say is: Either capcom seriously fked up with their announcement teaser video, or they simply fked up... entirely.

You are cool. :cool:

I back this person up with my agreement! :D

moseslmpg

There's no point complaining here. Most people here support the DINO.

But yeah, regardless of how the game actually is, the presentation was a really dumb move by Capcom.

aka958

Don't trust people
moseslmpg;284568 said:

But yeah, regardless of how the game actually is, the presentation was a really dumb move by Capcom.

People can as much complain as one can support Dino. He/she shared his/her view to us. Giving it a conclusion as well.

Like me, I wouldn't hate Dino if it weren't for him taking up Dante's name and the DmC series. If they could just stick another name to it that would fit and I promise you that I would forgive Capcom immediatly. If Capcom couldn't explain the DMC story there is no point in trying to destroy it with something else. Rather let it rest and start a new series who stands for itself.

Tony

Demonslayer
moseslmpg;284568 said:
are you sure?
the forum has 15,879 members, but what I see here in threads are about 7 - 10 people, who support Dino ...
the others just stay quiet because they dont want to upset the staff ^^

agree to the topic post :)

Lady™

Devils Never Cry ™
Well I understand your frustration, but in a recent interview Antoinades did claim that this younger "emo" Dino is actually Dante prior to DMC3.

This new Devil May Cry is going to show Dante's story as to WHY he became the Dante that he is today. I don't really see a point in being sad about it, because we all were different at one point too. As people we had to change certain aspects of our lives to be where we are at today. What you may have liked in the 3rd grade you may not be so big on today. I accept it so well because if you think about it, Dante's story is deepening and they are personifying him as a character more. Basically, Dante may have made mistakes in the past too. I love imperfect characters.

I see it as something better for the series. We don't know much about Dante when he was a teen or child, only that he was seperated from Virgil and Eva and Sparda died. Antoinades did say that this new game will be answering a bunch of unanswered questions, which in my opinion, is brilliant. I don't think we should exactly bad mouth Dino. I am giving him a chance because in reality, this is Dante. This is what he was, and I accept him as a character for what he is, and what he was. This "Edward" Dante as everyone seems to call him, is Dante no matter what.

darkslayer101

Lady™;284621 said:
Well I understand your frustration, but in a recent interview Antoinades did claim that this younger "emo" Dino is actually Dante prior to DMC3.

This new Devil May Cry is going to show Dante's story as to WHY he became the Dante that he is today. I don't really see a point in being sad about it, because we all were different at one point too. As people we had to change certain aspects of our lives to be where we are at today. What you may have liked in the 3rd grade you may not be so big on today. I accept it so well because if you think about it, Dante's story is deepening and they are personifying him as a character more.

I see it as something better for the series. We don't know much about Dante when he was a teen or child, only that he was seperated from Virgil and Eva and Sparda died. Antoinades did say that this new game will be answering a bunch of unanswered questions, which in my opinion, is brilliant. I don't think we should exactly bad mouth Dino. I am giving him a chance because in reality, this is Dante. This is what he was, and I accept him as a character for what he is, and what he was. This "Edward" Dante as everyone seems to call him, is Dante no matter what.

i find the "retelling" of the origin story unecessary unless it fills the gap about nero...

Lady™

Devils Never Cry ™
darkslayer101;284622 said:
i find the "retelling" of the origin story unecessary unless it fills the gap about nero...

I respect that bud. Your right about the NEro thing too. But I'm sure we all wondered. What was Dante before he was this bad ass that he is today? And this game is supposed to answer all of this. Hopefully will answer some stuff for Nero too.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
A more believable character, I would hope. His DMC1 persona is still the only one I've liked. Perhaps this will make it 2/5ths of the Dante's that I like instead of only 1/4th.

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
Tony;284606 said:
are you sure?
the forum has 15,879 members, but what I see here in threads are about 7 - 10 people, who support Dino ...

agree to the topic post :)

Now that you mention this I am beginning to think the same....
This eventually means that there are many members who is not willing to express their opinions....
I'll say lets wait for the game to release,play it and then draw out a conclusion...

moseslmpg;284568 said:

Well, you are definetely wrong about that. What made you think that?(There are but few people on this forum that really like new Dante)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Tony;284606 said:

The staff dont really care either way and people are free to voice opinions. We only intervene when people whine and moan like children and think its cool to type with the caps lock on permanently to make a point.

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Drakan;284709 said:
The staff dont really care either way and people are free to voice opinions. We only intervene when people whine and moan like children and think its cool to type with the caps lock on permanently to make a point.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!! MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS ON AUTOMATIC SO PEOPLE CAN SEE WHAT I WRITE MUCH BETTER!!!1! XD

Yeah, whining and moaning won't help and caps lock does not get one's point across. If someone hates the game they can say without whining, moaning, insults, caps lock, nor excessive amounts of dots, exclamation marks or question marks. That would make that person a proffesional hater instead of a troll. :cool:

veg-G

Mmm-hmm.....so what were we talking about again?
capcom is a power hungry-money whore. the need to want more more and more.....and with that gluttonous greed....they gave dmc away to someone else to tinker with.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Many aren't pleased with this new DmC presentation...I do agree that Capcom is trying milk every pennies worth from DmC as much as possible. If the story that NT creates is fetching, then the game will continue...

fon

Crazy Chick
veg-G;286757 said:
capcom is a power hungry-money w****. the need to want more more and more.....and with that gluttonous greed....they gave dmc away to someone else to tinker with.

You know what, that also sounds like what's going on with a few other companies too. Capcom has been losing money recently though, haven't they?
A speculation was that DMC's ratings were becoming bad so they needed something to boost it up again- at the cost of old fans, of course.
I'm not a worker at Capcom though, so meh. I don't know what they were thinking, really. (Lots of things are being kept under wraps too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom