• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
Why did NT made Vergil such a pussy? I mean there were many situations where Dante had to save his ass, even Vergil cried for Dante's help one time! I thought he would be more stronger and powerful than Dante because he learned to control his power before Dante.

Azurel

You got the game too?

No, I meant to say, "...watch a playthrough of the game again on youtube..." The game isn't coming out for a long time here, but that's ok, because there's youtube. Besides, I meant to say "my personal game of the year", as in, "most suited to my personal tastes".

That is all. :steve:

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
No, I meant to say, "...watch a playthrough of the game again on youtube..." The game isn't coming out for a long time here, but that's ok, because there's youtube. Besides, I meant to say "my personal game of the year", as in, "most suited to my personal tastes".

Shouldn't you actually play the game first before you say it is your personal game of the year?

Dante94513

"I didn't find it useless. It let me keep an enemy in my sights and focus on one at a time. Also made sure I attacked in that direction. I had a ton of trouble without lock-on in DmC. Dante was constantly attacking the wrong enemy or using stinger in the wrong direction. It was very annoying to have to stop and re-position myself in the middle of the fight as well.

Even if soft-lock on can work or does in Bayonetta ( I don't know, I always used lock-on ). It doesn't work here."

I find it useless as there is already a lock icon focused on the enemy I hit and that I can do many moves without it. I don't want to focus on one enemy, I focus on many enemies at a time, and I can still go to any direction I wanted. But I don't know how you can CONSTANTLY attack the wrong enemy and with stinger in DmC. I can even use stinger on enemies that are far way to ones that are infront of me. If you are having problems with the auto-lock, you are either not trying, or not very good at it. This has one of the easiest controlled auto-lock systems I've ever played in a game. If the auto-lock is bad here, then I CAN'T WAIT to see what people say about MGR's.

Henski77

Yer, Darksiders 2 was my game of the year last year :)

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Semantics.
No, it is not semantics. Also, I have played the demo several times, watched different streams about it. While it is true that I need to play it myself to really give it a objective score, I have a pretty good idea how it is in its current state.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
No, it is not semantics. Also, I have played the demo several times, watched different streams about it. While it is true that I need to play it myself to really give it a objective score, I have a pretty good idea how it is in its current state.
Looks like you don't know the definition of the word semantics.The word 'lacking' is a vague adjective and I define the word 'lacking' as bad but you define the word 'lacking' as something else. It's just a misunderstanding. If it pleases you, I'd gladly apologize.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Looks like you don't know the definition of the word semantics.The word 'lacking' is a vague adjective and I define the word 'lacking' as bad but you define the word 'lacking' as something else. It's just a misunderstanding. If it pleases you, I'd gladly apologize.
The fault is also on my side, my english isn't top notch since it is my second language. Thought semantics meant something else.

When I meant by lacking, I didn't mean that DmC is a bad game. So far from what I have played and seen, it's rather mediocre, lacking when compared to the previous DMC games.

DmC does bring in some new interesting ideas but falls flat when it comes to combat and etc.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
The fault is also on my side, my english isn't top notch since it is my second language. Though semantics meant something else.

When I meant by lacking, I didn't mean that DmC is a bad game. So far from what I have played and seen, it's rather mediocre, lacking when compared to the previous DMC games.

DmC does bring in some new interesting ideas but falls flat when it comes to combat and etc.
All right then. Glad that's cleared up.

Azurel

Yer, Darksiders 2 was my game of the year last year :)

Seriously?? It was my favorite game of last year, as well. You have great taste. :lol:

My favorite games of last year:

Darksiders II

Persona 4 Golden

Dishonored

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Persona 4 Arena

DSII and P4A both came out in August 2012. That was a good month.

I'm not getting any games this year (unless I see DmC where I am, which is doubtful). In fact, I don't think I'm going to get any new games again due to the fact that I have to put up with DLC and such. I've decided to stop. Besides, P4G has hundreds of hours of gameplay, so I'll have something to keep me occupied in the precious little free time that I do have... :steve:

Edit: Oh yeah, that, and the fact that there aren't any games this year that I'm really interested in. DmC is pretty much the only one out there. I can't even get hyped for "Watch Dogs" despite its interesting premise.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Why did NT made Vergil such a pussy? I mean there were many situations where Dante had to save his ass, even Vergil cried for Dante's help one time! I thought he would be more stronger and powerful than Dante because he learned to control his power before Dante.

This bothered me, too. Apparently, in this universe, instead of them both being accomplished fighters with very different styles, Vergil is the brains and not very experienced in live combat, while Dante is the brawn and not very good at thinking ahead. Their whole strategy while fighting together consisted of Dante getting punched in the crotch while Vergil sneaked in through the back door. Which was kinda funny but I drew the line at Vergil calling for help. No. Gross.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
This bothered me, too. Apparently, in this universe, instead of them both being accomplished fighters with very different styles, Vergil is the brains and not very experienced in live combat, while Dante is the brawn and not very good at thinking ahead. Their whole strategy while fighting together consisted of Dante getting punched in the crotch while Vergil sneaked in through the back door. Which was kinda funny but I drew the line at Vergil calling for help. No. Gross.
What? From what I've seen, Vergil is plenty proficient in combat.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
T Which was kinda funny but I drew the line at Vergil calling for help. No. Gross.

Exactly what i feel. I'm not fully satisfied of Vergil's depiction here.
I guess this is a very big another reason why i'm looking forward more to the DLC...

Azurel

Shouldn't you actually play the game first before you say it is your personal game of the year?

Shouldn't you be off on a youtube thread somewhere?? Why not mind your own business before telling me what I should and shouldn't like. I never said it was better, I just said it was the most suited to my own personal tastes.

Top Bottom