• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

Dante94513

Too bad for you then, DmC will be much much easier for you then.

After going back and forth in Normal on DMC3SE and DmC demo. DMC3SE's isn't much harder. The difference is that the enemies attack from off screen, and they're sometimes harder to read (also, the gameplay is quite limited) But I didn't die nor use any items (even in Hard mode, I didn't use item til probably the last two missions). DmC has lesser enemies on screen and they don't attack off it either, but I did find them aggressive and I still get hit a lot. But this is from a demo. The enemy layout is completely different in the final game. So I'll make full judgement myself in the final game. But ultimately, I think this depends on how the way people play. A lot of people found the demo easy, I actually found it quite challenging and I'm no sucker.

"You just linked a Bayonetta video. A game with lock-on."

Though you can do almost about EVERYTHING without a lock-on.

Blacknerd

Nope.

The control scheme without a lock-on system it was more Dynasty Warriors the DevilMayCry. Your blindly swinging away at random targets & groups of enemies instead of focusing & following up on attacks on a single target.
That's fine when facing hordes but against a single target or a boss it's annoying because your spending time turning & re-adjusting yourself instead of being locked on.

But the thing is just because itsuno likes it without a lock-on system doesn't mean everyone else does & he should've left it in giving the gamers the option to use it or not.

god your pervy stuff......

Anyway if you really have trouble NOT focusing on a single target with soft lock then I feel bad for you. I havent had any trouble with the soft lock. The only time its a problem is when you want to grab a certain person faaaar away other than that no.

If you really honestly want lock on so bad then play the pc version and add the mod yourself. While you do that ill have fun with the game the way it was intended to be.

Slacri

Though nearly useless.
I didn't find it useless. It let me keep an enemy in my sights and focus on one at a time. Also made sure I attacked in that direction. I had a ton of trouble without lock-on in DmC. Dante was constantly attacking the wrong enemy or using stinger in the wrong direction. It was very annoying to have to stop and re-position myself in the middle of the fight as well.

Even if soft-lock on can work or does in Bayonetta ( I don't know, I always used lock-on ). It doesn't work here.
Anyway if you really have trouble NOT focusing on a single target with soft lock then I feel bad for you. I havent had any trouble with the soft lock. The only time its a problem is when you want to grab a certain person faaaar away other than that no.

If you really honestly want lock on so bad then play the pc version and add the mod yourself. While you do that ill have fun with the game the way it was intended to be.
It was an issue, and it completely interrupted the flow of the fight. Even in the promo video for the PC announcement Dante uses stinger in the wrong direction.

He shouldn't have to add features that the developers should have added. Have fun I guess.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, after watching the whole game I've come to a conclusion: That is not Dante, that is Dean Winchester.

ChaserTech

god your pervy stuff......

Just wait until you play the full game, you'll encounter some problems by then.

Multiple enemies become crowded around you, making it extremely harder to focus the enemies that you want to get rid of first.

-there is no place in the controls for lock on, and they believe it limits gameplay and variety its not annoying if you are able to ADJUST TO SOMETHING DIFFERENT

The problem is that it doesn't limit gameplay or variety. Lock On added more moves utilizing the feature. Roughly around 30 moves alone.

Rukhal

Are people still actually talking in here? I saw this thread this morning and kinda wanted to hear more opinions on the ending and does anybody know of any streams going on currently?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Are people still actually talking in here? I saw this thread this morning and kinda wanted to hear more opinions on the ending and does anybody know of any streams going on currently?
Streams? No, but there are a few walkthroughs on youtube in the posses. The one I'm watching is up to Mission 12.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Since there is thread with link to japanse video with better quality i can say more about Kat reaction. She just stand there with open jaw, say few things "Subject?" "Vergil?" and one full line. "Vergil" say pretty much shut up and she just silently crouches like good girl. In comparison with Lady this character is bad. Still cant see good writing from NT, i doubt i will in full game.

One more thing, "Dante" DT is copy of quicsilver style from DMC3, "Vergil" DT looks like doppelanger style. Again, big disappointment for me.

berto

I Saw the Devil
One more thing, "Dante" DT is copy of quicsilver style from DMC3,
Actually, there another part that I thought was the 'QuickSilve' of this game... Can't say much since so many people are avoiding spoilers.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood

Yeah, what berto said, follow the walkthroughs on YouTube. The player I'm watching now is up to Mission 15 and uploading by the hour. They'll probably have the final boss fight up and associated cutscenes in great quality HD a few hours from now.

Slacri

Actually, there another part that I thought was the 'QuickSilve' of this game... Can't say much since so many people are avoiding spoilers.
I don't think spoilers are too much of a big deal considering the thread is titled "ENDING." But yeah, that part really caught me off caught because it wasn't explained at all how Dante suddenly got time stopping powers.

Top Bottom