• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Live action video games?

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
What games do you think should become live action movies?

Metal Gear
Bio Shock
Shadow of the Collosuss
Gears of War
Fallout
Parasite Eve
Zone of the Enders
The Darkness

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
Metal Gear movie was announced ages ago, don't know what happened to it.

In general I am iffy about movie adaptations of video games, it's hard to give off the same vibe, it's the same story all over again, but without you doing anything that would warrant going through that all over again, so why not just pick up the game itself, and even if they try to freshen it up there is a huge chance something about it will be changed enough to make fans roll their eyes.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I was thinking a television series would work best for most games.

My first choice would be a Max Payne TV series. Imagine a very character driven crime drama series on AMC or Showtime. Also, Resident Evil, but not like those movies. Maybe also L.A. Noire? That would be fairly easy and interesting.

For movies, I want to see
-The Legend of Zelda
-Red Dead Redemption
-Portal
-Duke Nukem
-Metroid
-System Shock
-Silent Hill Reboot (Do it right this time)
-Twisted Metal

But also some animated movies would be cool.
-StarFox written and directed by Brad Bird
-Grim Fandango written and directed by Chris and Phil Miller and Tim Schaefer

Animated TV series
-Jak and Daxter
-Parrapa Da Rappa

By the way, the MGS movie is happening as it has a director. Shadow of The Colossus is also happening. However that'll work.

KRSkull

I was thinking a television series would work best for most games.

My first choice would be a Max Payne TV series. Imagine a very character driven crime drama series on AMC or Showtime. Also, Resident Evil, but not like those movies. Maybe also L.A. Noire?

I heard that they are going to work on a Resident Evil TV series after the finale movie is released.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Metal Gear already has a movie, although an independent one. It's called Metal Gear Solid: Philanthropy.

Viper

Premium
*shrugs*
Kojima loved it.
I think Kojima loved the fact his work inspired creativity.
I don't think I've seen more than a trailer, but it seemed like a decent fan movie, they did their best with their budget and available resources.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't think I've seen more than a trailer, but it seemed like a decent fan movie, they did their best with their budget and available resources.

I didn't watch it either, and I'm not an MGS fan, so I can't talk about if the movie is faithful or not. Just pointing out that there already is a movie even though it's not a big production.

KRSkull

*shrugs*
Kojima loved it.

I will admit that the story was good and that they tried to do their best with what they have. But the thing that makes me hate it. Is the fact that they didn't follow the third and the golden rule of gun safety. Keep fingers off the trigger until your sights are on the target.

Viper

Premium
@KRSkull
Wait, that's what made it sour for you?
Considering how much bullshit Hollywood gets away with, that seems kinda small to me.

KRSkull

@KRSkull
Wait, that's what made it sour for you?
Considering how much bullshit Hollywood gets away with, that seems kinda small to me.

Well yeah if i saw a movie that break one of the four basic safety rules that were developed by Col. Jeff Cooper. I will automaticlly hate it.

Viper

Premium
I thought the Metal Gear games were already movies, no?
They were. But fans wanted more, as it is in fandoms. Then talk about live action movie started, but it kept being dragged on and on. The movie is official, but next to no details were given. With Kojima soon gone for good and Konami expressing desire to milk the series further, it might come out after all one day.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Im not really a fan of one to one adaptations and since most videogame cut scenes are on YouTube so I'd prefer if they tell a new story set in the universe as you can appeal to both existing audiences and newer ones.

With Jak and Daxter for example, its built on a stable time loop where the cast goes to past from the future and back again but everything else is relative so you could have a different version of events happening each time therefore allowing the creative team more freedom in how to adapt and play with the series.

I dont think I'd wanna see an infamous movie or tv show because part of the fun is controlling the action and there are other superpower people shows (sony has one called Powers right now) so it would feel redundant/lacking.

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
yep, xenogears and dishonored will be cool, specifically dishonored, i'd love to see the settings in live action, this mash-ups of old and modern, and corvo's costume will be an awe to see..

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
FILM

*infamous (but something that doesn't have to deal with cole and delsin. maybe something involving a different character).
* castlevania lord of shadows (one could argue dracula untold filled that void, but c'mon...i wanna see the blood whip)
* DmC/DMC (but something based around a young dante that's already established, but still a noob)
* halo

NETFLIX

* last of us (but not from the P.O.V. of joel and ellie but from someone else)
* alice
* bioshock
* saints row
* GTA

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted

lol Seems nice but WhatIF it took a slightly serious with humor sprinkled in approach ?

A Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World's End type.
Based on a combination of SaintsRow2's insanity where you have little old ladies stealing your car, random robberies, random streakers, with the over the top chaotic action of SaintsRowThe3rd with the clones the Brutes, etc etc etc.

Could be directed by Edgar Wright
Written by Edgar Wright & Simon Pegg

That way a SaintsRow movie would have comedy done right with enough seriousness it wouldn't come across like TheNakedGun or Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood.

lol, i enjoyed all of their films, love edgar wright & simon pegg, their humor was always good and fresh, good alternatives, even better than most comedies relelasing at the time

Top Bottom