• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about the Tokusatsu genre

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
14333749_633324603494658_8350600984727161329_n.jpg

next sentai series: "Uchuu Sentai Kyuuranger".

theme is suppoused to be space

David Ryatta

Given I do youtube videos on games and toku shows Ex-Aid feels like it coudl be either the coolest moves ever by Toei or we could end up with show that completely misses the mark when it comes to game representation.. either way I'm very much looking forward to it.. but I seriously hate the suit designs (I loved Gaims when people hated them.. but I'm really not liking the extreme colors the riders have)

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Toei is good at maintaining a show's gimmick in the early episodes then... They fall back to the usual Rider/Sentai gimmicks. So I'd say that Ex-Aid will be gimmick a plenty in the early episodes. After that, the actual story will have to keep us entertained.
Which I'm sure it will because who doesn't love grasshoppers kicking monsters? Its brilliant!

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Can anybody tell me why Chojin Sentai Jetman is considered the Super Sentai Masterpiece? I mean, it was fun to watch (and rather dark) but it's not anything extravagant. Although this is coming from a guy who liked Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger, so what do I know

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I confess, I long for the old days when the heroes of Kamen Rider were Modified Humans and not just regular people who transform using a device, that always felt more Super Sentai to me.

Can anybody tell me why Chojin Sentai Jetman is considered the Super Sentai Masterpiece? I mean, it was fun to watch (and rather dark) but it's not anything extravagant. Although this is coming from a guy who liked Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger, so what do I know
Jetman is my personal favourite Sentai. If I had to put a finger on why, I'd say the interesting characters and the dynamics between the villains.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Jetman is my personal favourite Sentai. If I had to put a finger on why, I'd say the interesting characters and the dynamics between the villains.
I guess... I admit that Grey was freaking awesome, and had a suprising amount of character depth, and the Jetman at least had legitimate character conflicts considering only one is actually a trained soldier and the rest are civilians with different backrounds, but it pretty much became "Everybody loves Kaori: Gai come back! Edition" but the other villains I felt were pretty flat, Count Radiguet's human angle changed nothing about his character, and the part that pretty much did it for me was when Tran got so angry, he up and became a space emperor.

It's not by any means a bad show, I just don't think it's a masterpiece

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I too long for the days when Riders were Cyborgs. But considering that (Spoilers ahead) that Kouta of Gaim is a space god, Shinnsuke from Drive can combine with his car, Takeru of Ghost is dead, and Wataru of Kiva is half human, half Fangire, I'd say "where are the truly human Riders?" But then again Kuroki (Kamen Rider #3) was a Cyborg and Kamen RIder #4 is clearly not human. (I don't know what he is actually) Also I've only seen a hand full of Jetman episodes. It was ok.
I should finish Jetman thou, AND Kamen Rider Amazon (original)! Oh I'm so behind!

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
If you had to ask me what my favourite part of Rider movies would be...it'd be the chance to see different generations of Riders teaming up to overcome evil.

Take this to it's natural conclusion and make "Kamen Rider SPIRITS" into an anime already! You know everyone would love it!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Super Hero Wars GP Kamen Rider #3 is still my favorite Rider Movie currently. I can watch that film over and over again. Even thou its Kamen Rider #4 ending is blah, and the movie itself has issues. The Fourze movies were really fun too, but then again I like the Kamen Rider J movie, so what do I know? :rolleyes:

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
14657724_10211019255861508_1256392184_n.jpg

Get ready for another year ender of action and and excitement as the title, poster and teaser trailer for the next movie wars coming this December 2016 has been revealed!

Entitled Kamen Rider Generations: Dr. Pacman VS EX-Aid & Ghost With Legendary Riders, this new movie wars will not just star EX-Aid and Ghost but will also include Wizard, Gaim and Drive going against Namco's favorite son, Pacman! The movie will premiere in all Japanese cinemas this December 10, 2017.

Top Bottom