• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about: bullies

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Blast!

Would saying a emo person, or jock, etc are weird be a form of bullying?
You mean would calling someone weird be bullying? If you said it to their face and meant it, then it would be mean, and I guess it would be bullying. Words like that do upset people.

Angel General

Cristal, Advisor to Emperor Glaser & sky goddess
Blast!

Would saying a emo person, or jock, etc are weird be a form of bullying?
That is a generalization, and it makes the person in question feel bad, so yes, but only in circumstances where the two people aren't friendly enough to joke about it. It also depends on the victim's tolerance, when they themselves see it as bullying or just a joke.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i would love to join in i think i'd be good at this but it's too deep for a cold hearted person like me XD

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
That is a generalization, and it makes the person in question feel bad, so yes, but only in circumstances where the two people aren't friendly enough to joke about it. It also depends on the victim's tolerance, when they themselves see it as bullying or just a joke.

Not so much rude in general, it's more directed at hurting someone's feelings and can be done directly or indirectly.

I didn't know bullying was so "general" it. I pictured bullying as flushing someone down the toilet. (Or at least their head)

Angel General

I didn't know bullying was so "general" it. I pictured bullying as flushing someone down the toilet. (Or at least their head)
It's a lot more complex with girls. They talk about each other behind each other's backs, spread rumours, and generally do all kinds of sickening stuff. Boys tend to settle disagreements through confrontation, which is far easier to distinguish as bullying and solve.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's a lot more complex with girls. They talk about each other behind each other's backs, spread rumours, and generally do all kinds of sickening stuff. Boys tend to settle disagreements through confrontation, which is far easier to distinguish as bullying and solve.

Which is normal behavior in humans. W are all bullies! *Punchs myself* "Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself" LOL

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I was bullied immensely for being who I was, all through out my elementary and Middle-school years.

I for one was oddly proportioned, XD I was never exactly proportionate. I was one of those oddball kids who had lanky arms though could never grow into them. I've also been skinny, never gaining any real normal weight. Kids in primary school would pull me around by my arms or call me, "Snake"...though I kinda grew to like the nickname as I discovered Metal Gear Solid at an early age. Talking to people has been and will never be my strong point, I'm horribly shy and a bit scary. Its hard for me to even say hello to a person that I'm not all too familiar with. Not to mention my horrible stutter. So obviously, kids in primary school attacked the **** out of those flaws, but I dealt with it. Being a younger kid I guess in a weird way blocked off all of the awful comments directed towards me, I was so naive. So of course As time passed, I went on to second and third grade rather uneventfully. However fourth grade wasn't all that fantastic, I met this girl named Brittney *****, an awful girl who at that time towered over me. She made my life hell, I was afraid to even go to school and gained anxiety. I managed to get through it, and moved on to fifth, then middle school.

That time was the worst for me, I was never left alone. All of the kids who bugged me were now back, and the few friends that I had, moved away. Though during the start of 7th grade, I was sent to live with my mom up in Northern Wisconsin. I saw it as a chance to start over, and for the most part it was. I was actually happy that I had managed to leave behind all of the bullshit, and I was ecstatic. Though that wasn't the case, what followed was racism. The community of the school was very small, only I was a Native American, moving into an all white-school, full of assholes. A number of them were friendly and nice, though a good majority of them were closed minded pricks. The told me that I was a savage, that I should do a rain dance to help their crops. I couldn't stand any of it, and I eventually moved back home to Oklahoma after 8th grade.

I was nervous, I was moving back to my hometown...and I was to start my first year of high-school. A good majority of my old time tormentors were actually at my high-school. Though something great had happened since I last saw them!

I had gotten enormously tall for my age, and my long arms had actually started to look right on my body. I guess it wasn't in their best interests to mess with me.

The haven't bothered to me to this day, not after I made it known that I was not happy with them. I'm currently still in my first year of High-School, and I'm pleased with the way that things have turned out.

Case be said, your bullying can be stopped. Chances are, you won't sky rocket in height, so go tell someone that you trust. Bullying is a ****ed up way to amuse yourself, the problems that it causes later on down the road are terrible.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
So bullying is merely being a rude person?

Its not only limited to that it can be

> Total Humiliation in-front of everyone
> Constant hostility in peer group
> Beating up real bad

the most bothersome one is humiliation.. because if don't have more than 3 friends in school you're kinda screwed your reputation in school is going to be Level -0

Angel General

Its not only limited to that it can be
the most bothersome one is humiliation.. because if don't have more than 3 friends in school you're kinda screwed your reputation in school is going to be Level -0
I have two best friends I've had for four years, and we don't have bad reputations, in fact it's usually the "Queen bee," girl, with everyone following her around who gets the worst reputation because they're always stereotyped as being bitchy or self - centered.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I have two best friends I've had for four years, and we don't have bad reputations, in fact it's usually the "Queen bee," girl, with everyone following her around who gets the worst reputation because they're always stereotyped as being bitchy or self - centered.

Well what can i say ? different times, different cultures and Different places... in my time stuff only worked like that the quite and lonely one always got bullied alot

Angel General

Well what can i say ? different times, different cultures and Different places... in my time stuff only worked like that the quite and lonely one always got bullied alot
Yeah I wasn't arguing, it's different everywhere. perhaps it's because I'm from a small school, everyone knows each other better and there's less bullying.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Yeah I wasn't arguing, it's different everywhere. perhaps it's because I'm from a small school, everyone knows each other better and there's less bullying.
That's one thing i love about small schools you only got like 10-15 students in a class where teachers can actually see how each student is doing

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
That's one thing i love about small schools you only got like 10-15 students in a class where teachers can actually see how each student is doing
Speaking of teachers, I even notice how they can be bullies. Ones that pick on a particular child, shout at them or give them a hard time compared to other children. I think these teachers know that their actions will upset the child, but they do it anyway. Teacher like that should be fired instantly. They have no idea that what they do to a child can follow them all the way to adulthood and have a serious impact on their later life.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Speaking of teachers, I even notice how they can be bullies. Ones that pick on a particular child, shout at them or give them a hard time compared to other children. I think these teachers know that their actions will upset the child, but they do it anyway. Teacher like that should be fired instantly. They have no idea that what they do to a child can follow them all the way to adulthood and have a serious impact on their later life.

I know my way around these kinds of teachers.. they're such bitchy individuals best avoided

Angel General

It's pretty good, in my primary there were only 6 people in 6th grade, (Year 6; ) and in my high school there are roughly 400 students. It means bullying is much easier to spot and deal with. On the whole people get along well.

Top Bottom