• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's Discuss Some more!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Honestly, I think the gaming industry is booming, but not in a good way. Companies are shelling out the same games with tiny add-ons just to boost sales and get more money, which is, IMO, the definition of greed. There are very few companies that care for their gamers nowadays.

Meg

Storm Silves;285016 said:
Honestly, I think the gaming industry is booming, but not in a good way. Companies are shelling out the same games with tiny add-ons just to boost sales and get more money, which is, IMO, the definition of greed. There are very few companies that care for their gamers nowadays.

Platinum Games and the people that make Bioshock? I like them.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Meg;285015 said:
Ok, new topic. Where do you see the game industry heading?

My opinion is that there are new compains that are surpassing the old game makers of before.

Example games like Overlord are fun and though it`s cretor are a minor company they made a really fun game. Also you got Ninja Theory has an example ^^.

Now those really old company`s are droping the quality on their games

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;285015 said:
Ok, new topic. Where do you see the game industry heading?

It's going... forward?

No, I'm just kidding. If some game companies would stop making games looking exactly like one of their previous with only enhanced graphics it would progress alot faster.

The main Final Fantasy series is going to hell according to many. But the games that Tetsuya was encharge of, most likes. Such as Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Crisis Core, etc. Tetsuya is the best employee at Square Enix right now. :cool:

Capcom... Yeah, we all know what is going on there.

Nintendo ain't really downsiding. Maybe because they do use the same formula, but it is easily a winning formula. The Legend of Zelda games for example who goes by the same thing all the time but I cannot tire of it. It has been upgraded, tweaked, and such with it's releases. It has progressed good.

Meg

Me, I see the big companies like Activision reaching their peak and will soon fall. New(er) franchises will take the place of the old ones and hopefully we'll get some innovation out of it all.

DMC;285093 said:
what is the point for this thread
(just asking)

To have discussions. :huh:

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;285104 said:
Me, I see the big companies like Activision reaching their peak and will soon fall. New(er) franchises will take the place of the old ones and hopefully we'll get some innovation out of it all.

To have discussions. :huh:

Activision?

Surely many is tiring from the old formula so the big game companies who wants to keep being big fools around with new stuff hoping for a winning combination, mostly without that great outcome (Square Enix for example). Or that is what I think.

moseslmpg

Ah, not to revive a dead topic, but I wanted to ask a follow-up about the aliens. For those of you that do believe extraterrestrial life exists, do you believe UFOs/abductions are aliens visiting us? If not, what do you think they are?

Even better for those of you, (I guess Meg), who believe we are alone in the universe, how do you explain UFOs/abductions?

To answer the game industry question, I think it is just going Hollywood, and I don't think it is a good thing. Creativity is being sacrificed on the altar of increased appeal and increased revenue. And games are getting more expensive to make and buy, and it has just mutated into some cancerous mass market casual gamer driven beast. It's like the Whore of Babylon like that. They should make a game called the Whore of Babylon...the boothbabes alone would generate tons of free publicity, and if they play things right *cough*company run strip clubs*cough* also significant revenue...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't think abductions/UFO sightings are anything significant. Honestly, I think it's just people trying to get publicity.

About the game industry thing... I wish people would stop thinking about money just for once and think about playability, the fun. You know, the stuff that got us into the games in the first place? The things that very few people actually recognize anymore? Yeah, those things.

Meg

moseslmpg;285834 said:
Even better for those of you, (I guess Meg), who believe we are alone in the universe, how do you explain UFOs/abductions?

As far as UFOs go I think that the government does a lot of sh*t they don't tell us cause we don't need to know or whatever. And abductions? I've yet to see any strong evidence that abductions happen.

On a similar note. Ghosts? Anyone believe in them? I do.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I definitely believe in ghosts. My house used to be haunted until whatever it was that was here decided to leave.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Meg;285891 said:
On a similar note. Ghosts? Anyone believe in them? I do.

me and my bro both saw a ghost when we were toddlers its a looong story but ill explain the jist, hes older so he saw it first then i was born and kept seeing this "policeman" in our attic(the entrance to it was in my room) i always used to cry in the night and my mum would come check on me and i would say "the policeman was calling my name again" then one night i was crying as usual then when my mother came to check i was fine and she said " the policeman again?" to which i replied "yeah but its ok grandad mike came up behind him, put his arms around him and he disappeared, then grandad said, its ok now grandad's here"(or words to those effect from a 5 year old) creepy thing is though this was roughly 12.45am and my grandad had died at half past that same night, but we obviously didnt know that till the next day o_O

moseslmpg

Storm Silves;285837 said:
I don't think abductions/UFO sightings are anything significant. Honestly, I think it's just people trying to get publicity.
Not significant? Have you read the literature? There are hundreds if not thousands of sightings each year, by groups of people who wish they had never encountered them, and there have been physical artifacts left behind, like metal shards inside flesh, etc. I think it is disingenuous to dismiss them all in one fell swoop.
Meg;285891 said:
As far as UFOs go I think that the government does a lot of sh*t they don't tell us cause we don't need to know or whatever. And abductions? I've yet to see any strong evidence that abductions happen.
Some UFOs could be government craft, but surely not all of them. Many of them are encountered by the government who don't know what they are. I don't think any government is competent enough to stage such a massive coverup. And as for the abductions, have you investigated the evidence? Granted you can't prove an alien abduction anymore than you can prove a human abduction, but it would be very weird for thousands of people to just be imagining they have been taking against their will and experimented upon, with most of the details shared among them without any prior contact.

I thought the naysayers would go for the whole "mass hypnosis" thing, but you can't just say they are all fake, because there are too many and they match up too well. That said, I doubt they are space aliens.

Ghosts: I believe that they can exist in principle, but I don't think they are like dead people really. I don't think all haunted locations are populated by ghosts either, as a good deal of it is just poltergeist phenomena caused by latent psychic turbulence. I think that there is a whole order of intelligent beings beyond the perception of humans--aliens, demons, monsters, ghosts--but I am cautious about using certain singular phenomena as proof that they exist.

So yeah, I see no reason why a phenomenon called a ghost could exist, but I don't think it proves life after death nor do I find it notable or something to seek after.

I'm taking a course on these very subject right now, in fact, and I have studied them on my own a little. I even have a field guide that tells you how to set up investigations for these type of entities.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
i believe that when you die if you've been good all the good thoughts that people have for you and all the good deeds you have woft(is that even a word?)under you and make you float until your in space and you get sucked into a black into the afterlife, if youve been bad however you stay on earth as a ghost:p....at least thats what scientology told me hmmm *scratches chin*

i think we should stay on the topics we are discussing as they are still fresh but for a later date we could discuss religion(and i mean an actual discussion ABOUT religion not flaming it with reasons you may think its stupid or anything that may affend anyone)

moseslmpg

That doesn't account for all the helpful ghosts in the world. I think it is too simplistic to equate ghosts with dead people, because you get into issues of personality, memory, volition, etc.

And let me just say: I don't think we should ever discuss religion here. Leave that to religious scholars who know (that they don't know) what they are talking about. Out of all possible subjects, I think that is the one we should ban from being discussed here. Nothing good will come of it.

Meg

moseslmpg;286000 said:
And let me just say: I don't think we should ever discuss religion here. Leave that to religious scholars who know (that they don't know) what they are talking about. Out of all possible subjects, I think that is the one we should ban from being discussed here. Nothing good will come of it.

I agree. I studied religion a little bit and I know enough to know not to bother discussing it. :p Last time we tried to discuss religion was in the original Let's Discuss thread. Let's just say it didn't end well.

Top Bottom