• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let it out people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBruce

Hi Everyone, I've been a DMC fan since the original Devil May Cry which was SUCH AN AWESOME game! Then I waited long until a sequel was released. Devil may cry 2, It was disappointing, It was DMC but it wasn't just what we all had been waiting for.Then they released DMC 3, which brought back the old fashion of DMC 3, good stuff and introduced Vergil, one of the coolest video-game characters every made! We all wanted him to return. Sadly he never did, well yeah sort-of, in the form of a FREAKING SWORD???. And now this?!! A SHI.TTY REBOOT WHATEVER. FU.CK YOU NINJA THEORY F.UCK YOU. GIVE US DANTE BACK.

Sorry, had to say that HAHAHA..

Awesome series btw, gotta play dmc 3 again.

Potsi

cheezMcNASTY;279235 said:
look, say what you like. all i ask is that you look at batman. he was always badass. tim burton made a fortune with his batman movies. but then christopher nolan got a hold of them and made batman begins and the dark knight. both took a whole new, grimmer, look at the character. the majority of people would say that it improved with that new angle. that's what i see when i look at this new version.

First it was Burton who made the movie Batman badass, then came Schumacher and f*cked it all up with his neon light shows and gay nipple suits, bat-asses and the infamous Bat-credit card (God I hate those movies :verymad:), then came Nolan and brought back the badass, much darker Batman that we came to love.

So I guess this is a "Shumacher" DMC game >.>

Asmodaius

Potsi;279809 said:
First it was Burton who made the movie Batman badass, then came Schumacher and f*cked it all up with his neon light shows and gay nipple suits, bat-asses and the infamous Bat-credit card (God I hate those movies :verymad:), then came Nolan and brought back the badass, much darker Batman that we came to love.

So I guess this is a "Shumacher" DMC game >.>

Well, if Dante shows up in tight spandex with nipples... then yeah. ;P

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
DelusionalAlchemist;279454 said:
honestly, yes.
I've seen threads meant for both, and they're flaming from both sides. That's not a thread I want to be in.
When I'm upset about something 'your being childish its just a video game' is the last thing I want to hear (it doesn't help the fact that the at least half of each side can't come up with a decent argument of why they don't like it and resort to name calling. what either side doesn't account for, are chronicly sick people. There's a lot of us playing video games, and through a tv screen is how we experience life. This also depends on the sick person though. :p ))

i can sympathize with you. this community is in the process of a rehabilitation, so it's a little more haywire than it should be. unfortunately for you, it is a problem. the internet is a cold and unforgiving place, but at the same time it gives each voice equal opportunity. any physical disadvantages are rendered useless in text. what is measured is your ability to articulate and the attractive nature of your personality rather than your appearance or lifestyle.

while i agree with you that people are being immature and flaming each other over nothing, you have to realize that reactions to what you say is just a natural part of a discussion. people may agree with you, or they may disagree. it's the level of maturity in how they express the latter that's in need of improvement. as far as the 'it's just a video game' comment, maybe you should just disregard such a statement if you don't feel it applies to you.

on a side note: i realize that i am derailing this thread. i'm of the opinion that it should be treated as a duplicate and locked.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
cheezMcNASTY;279305 said:
isolating peoples opinions, regardless of how good the intentions, is not a solution. people need to grow up and realize that the whole world doesn't think like they do. if everyone who thinks one way posts in this thread, and everyone who thinks the other posts in that thread, then nothing is ever resolved. in fact, the stupid bickering just spills over into other threads because the feeling that everyone agrees with you is exacerbated. i realize your good intentions behind this thread, but i disagree with the thread itsself. you can't just tell someone where they can and can't post - imagine what someone who just registered would think? they'd see everyone acting immature and unaccepting, and dividing their problems with each other into separate parts of the forum. it's a maddening state to be in, honestly.

on the topic of the other thread: do they discourage you from posting in their thread? because if so they should hear the same exact thing. if they are fascist and unaccepting that someone thinks differently then them and harass you over it then report it to the staff. let them get banned if they want to dress up like hitler.

every thread on this forum has a topic. off topic comments are to be avoided. this is a thread to vent negitive opinions of the new game. any statement that is not venting is off topic. if you want to say something unrelated to the topic of this thread post it in a thread about that topic. it's very simple if you have a problem with it then your out of luck because that is the way every forum in the world works.

any questions?

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
darkslayer13;280228 said:
every thread on this forum has a topic. off topic comments are to be avoided. this is a thread to vent negitive opinions of the new game. any statement that is not venting is off topic. if you want to say something unrelated to the topic of this thread post it in a thread about that topic. it's very simple if you have a problem with it then your out of luck because that is the way every forum in the world works.

any questions?

i'm guessing that was purely rhetorical.
and i won't humor that last snide comment with an inflammatory response. say what you will, but no thread should restrict what people can and can't say. the only people who exist outside the democracy that is an open forum are the staff. they are the only dictators here. having been around the owners of this site on one of their neighboring gaming forums, i can safely say that they would sympathize with what i posted earlier in this thread.

now, with that said, i spoke to the original poster privately a day or two ago. fortunately we came to an agreement. so Meg, bless her, edited the original post to include all opinions of the new game. not just those that are one and the same.

Meg said:
EDIT: Alternatively, do you like the new game? Do you want a place to talk about how excited you are? Then this thread is for you to!

Meg

@cheez and darkslayer13- Mind if I say something? While its true that the forum shouldn't have threads where only people of one opinion can vent because then nothing gets accomplished, threads do have specific topics. There would be no sense in having multiple threads if anyone could talk about whatever they wanted. That would be like having a thread about cupcakes and someone randomly comes in and starts posting about flowers. Its not what the thread is about, so its off topic. The point of having threads is to keep things organized and easy to navigate.

So I guess what I'm saying is that you're both right. :)Problem solved! Now, to get us back on topic:

RAAAAGE!!!! >:3

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
let me pose this question to those of you who are unhappy with the apparent changes.

would you have reacted so strongly if he had the same new appearance, but wasn't a smoker (or vice versa)?

what if the original creator hadn't been so adamantly against the redesign?

what i'm trying to get at is: does your discontent stem more from the physical changes to an established character, or more because you see it as a departure from what you have come to know and love?

Meg;280268 said:
While its true that the forum shouldn't have threads where only people of one opinion can vent because then nothing gets accomplished, threads do have specific topics. There would be no sense in having multiple threads if anyone could talk about whatever they wanted. That would be like having a thread about cupcakes and someone randomly comes in and starts posting about flowers. Its not what the thread is about, so its off topic. The point of having threads is to keep things organized and easy to navigate.

if what is on topic and what is posted in response are like apples to oranges... or cupcakes to flowers as you referred, then i agree with you. :)

Meg

The fact that he's a smoker doesn't bother me that much. I mean, I think its stupid, but meh. Whatever. Its more the redesign that I don't like. I think he looks dumb and I thought that before I realized it was Dante.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Meg;280288 said:
The fact that he's a smoker doesn't bother me that much. I mean, I think its stupid, but meh. Whatever. Its more the redesign that I don't like. I think he looks dumb and I thought that before I realized it was Dante.

that's without a doubt the single most respectable reasoning for it i've heard in this forum so far.

+rep

moseslmpg

cheezMcNASTY;280284 said:
what i'm trying to get at is: does your discontent stem more from the physical changes to an established character, or more because you see it as a departure from what you have come to know and love?
At this point, there is no difference between the questions. The physical changes are just an outward sign of the departure from the real series. It is too early to untangle the two, since nothing but the name says DMC. When we see some gameplay, we can answer the question.

jerzz

Demon Slayer
RAGEEEEEEEEEEE!

Dante or not, I don't like every bit of this new character, from appearance to attitude to combat...end of sotry :mad:

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
This new Dante is ****ing lame but I'm going to give em the benefit of the doubt because I've been wanting a new DMC game for awhile now.

Dominus

Esura;280796 said:
This new Dante is ****ing lame but I'm going to give em the benefit of the doubt because I've been wanting a new DMC game for awhile now.

I agree with this, I felt like I've been waiting for a new DMC for too long as well (WTF CAPCOM). There were what 3 total DMCS for PS2 alone(with time to release the special edition for DMC3). Come on step up your game capcom..

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I have heard (or rather read) people say that if you don't like this game because of the change in Dante, then you're truely not a fan and you just like the game because Dante and/or because of the way he looks.

Ok seriously? That's like them taking Opera Winfry off of Opera Winfry and replacing her with Witney Houston or Paris Hilton. Fans are gonna be ****ed, so if someone saids 'Oh you just like the show for Opera' NO F**KING S**T!!! Opera is what makes the show Opera, it wouldn't be the same thing without her.

The same applies with DMC, Dante is the main character so of course people are gonnna rage when you take him away, hell most of us raged when you pushed him aside for Nero. I mean we've been with this guy for hours in every game for years, there's an attachment.

To anyone who thinks that you're not a real fan because you're not happy about the new Dante, it's YOU who's fandom id have to question. To just so easily be accepting to any crackhead with a weapon they throw into the game, to be ok with him merely because they slapped on the same name.

Im not saying you're not a real fan if you do like the new Dante, I've actually heard a couple of decent explanations. But im mainly talking about these guys with no doubts about the new game or any loyalty to the old Dante whatsoever.

Hell there's been some animes and video games i've gotten into mainly because of one characters attracted me to it. And then overtime I grow attached to the story and like the game for what it is,whether it be the story, the gameplay, or the silver haired hot and sexy beast that's in it. But it all goes back to the character that started it all. Very rarely do I find myself liking a series where I don't like the main character, it's hard to, and usually it dosen't last long.

Dante needed to change? Dante didn't look cool anymore? Ok, Goku is not cool anymore, lets shave his head bald, give em a beard, hell lets make em a Namek and give em a crack pipe while were at it. It's cool, he can still whoop ass. And remember his name is Goku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom