• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Les Paul Dies - Age 94.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Yet another death to add to the loss of fame and greatness this year, Les Paul, guitar legend and pioneer of the hardbody Gibson Les Paul guitar series, used by almost every rock legend these days, passed away earlier today due to complications with pneumonia.

He spent most of his life looking for the perfect sound, and in doing so, he made the true sound Rock and Roll possible, his efforts and innovations, including overdubbing, delay effects and multitrack recordings, allowing singers to sing harmony with themselves, as well as being able to layer instrumentals over each other, defined the very sound of music today.

This death hits particularly hard to me, being a guitarist myself, I've been a long standing fan and admirer of the legend himself, and to see such a great man pass is truly a tragedy.

I feel it only right that anyone here who knows him pay respects, the legend himself is deserving of a thread here, any disrespect will not be tolerated.

Rest in peace Les Paul, you'll be sorely missed by the music world.

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Damn, that sucks. Les Paul lived a good long life though and made a great impact on the music community. May his soul rest in peace.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Yeah, can't say he didn't live a a damn good and long life, he did a hell of a lot for the musical world, things that will never be forgotten, just a shame that such a talented genius had to die.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Aye, true that, seems like a lot of the greats are kicking it this year, this one just hit me the hardest though.

I think I'll go and jam for a while in his memory.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
WoW we have truly lost a great man who gave so much to music.

Although it comes as more of a surprise that he lived this long, to be honest I thought he had been dead for some time now.

Keaton

Premium
The guy lived such a fruitful live and impacted on so many that it was a life well lived, truly. As Mr. Credo said, Legends seems to be falling down one by one as of late and this loss is certanly going to reinforce my belief that 2009 is one of the cruddiest years in my twenty-one years.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Keaton;183520 said:
The guy lived such a fruitful live and impacted on so many that it was a life well lived, truly. As Mr. Credo said, Legends seems to be falling down one by one as of late and this loss is certanly going to reinforce my belief that 2009 is one of the cruddiest years in my twenty-one years.

It always surprises me when a legend dies, but as weird as it sounds, Les Paul going out just doesn't seem real to me, the fact that someone who contributed so much to the world of music is now dead, gone from the world for good just doesn't seem possible to me.

It's like...I think about it and it hasn't quite sunk in yet, you know? A fantastic musician, a brilliant mind and an absolute genius , next I'll probably get told that Steve Vai, Joe Satch or John Petrucci died too and that'll be the musical world done for as far as I'm concerned. >_<

I find that the quality of music these days is ever declining, there are a few true greats, two of them died, one in recent months, and one yesterday, call me old fashioned but I like my real, high quality, emotive, artistic music, the more decent musicians drop, the more I'm convinced that it'll just get worse from here.

Still, all things considered, Les Paul did things for the musical world that remain a standard in today's industry and will never be forgotten, the man himself may have died, but his legend will always live on.

Top Bottom