• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Legacy of Kain spin-off Nosgoth cancelled

Dark Drakan

Admin
NosgothImage.jpg

Another game bits the dust...

Publisher Square Enix said the free-to-download human versus vampire game would not make it to full release having spent over a year in Early Access on Steam. It began life as the multiplayer component of Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun, which was in development at UK studio Climax before Square Enix cancelled it in back in 2012.

SOURCE

Erian1Mortal

Premium
That's a shame, I mean I played the game when it came out, it was quite fun. A bit unbalanced but fun.
There goes my hope for another entry in this franchise as well....

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I hope jimquisition does an episode on this...

-----

Edit:

@Dark Drakan

On the upside, this whole ordeal might make more game companies realize that gamers aren't going to just flock towards the latest free-to-play trend simply because it follows that model.

We want the single-player reboot that was being developed, not some me-too experience. If we can't get a proper conclusion to LoK, then at least give us that.

-----

"It's been a pleasure to build this game with your help, but ultimately its audience hasn't grown enough to sustain ongoing operations."

https://www.nosgoth.com/blog/a-farewell-to-arms

-----

Been saying it for years: unsustainable models for the gaming industry will wind up bringing about its own demise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom