• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lack Of Maturity Regarding Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampi

DMC Wiki is garbage. Especially since the crazy DMC fans like to put their opinions on that site alot and be biased for their own views. I wouldn't trust them entirely. Unless the Director's from the new DmC give a full interview explaining why this new DMC is like this, i'm holding off on anything wiki or any other site says without solid confirmation.

Asmodaius

Vampi;276036 said:
Just because Dante isn't a real being in our world doesn't mean we don't have a connection with him. Loyal fans have been with him through the ups and downs of his virtual life for 9 years. And to all of a sudden stop since Capcom didn't know what the hell to do with the series without giving the series a good ending is just rude and careless. You would think that they would give a final farewell or a sendoff to the characters, but no. Instead they give us an unnecessary reboot out of nowhere and they expect us to welcome it with open arms, no questions ask. I don't think so, it doesn't work that way.

We've suffered through Nero, since he wasn't a re-imaging of an existing character. But to make the things Dante had that were unique obsolete, that's just an idiotic move. Why should we give this game a chance? Most importantly, why should we approach this game as DMC when its lacking the traits that identifies a DMC game?

Guess what? The books are the literal vision of the creator of the series. Movies tend to change alot of what make the series special for the readers, especially of a book series. Since Director's are quite stubborn and have different points of view of the book series more then the creator. Director's have more power over the license of the book then the creator himself. Since the creator gave permission for only the name and characters. Doesn't really mean anything, the director can miss the mark entirely on the creator's vision. So yea sum people might like the movies for different reasons, but mostly those people view it as a movie, not as a book series. The book series give more detail then what a movie ever will in 2 hours. Its only on those rare occasions when a movie is better then its book source or actually faithful to its booksource.

Sum people who are not into this DMC game are thinking of question like, Why should i give this game a chance? Why should i approach this as DMC? They might as well approach Enslaved or Bayonetta as DMC. We know Bayo and Enslaved aren't DMC, and since this new DMC barely looks identifiable to a regular DMC game, why should they approach it as the DMC game that they knew? Just because Capcom said so and just threw in the DMC name to garner attention? It doesn't work that way either. Like i've said in another post, i have a great puzzle game called DMC and its sponsored by Capcom, does that make it truly DMC?

Sum people even if you give them time might not get over it. And that's fine, that's there decision and we have to respect that. But forcing your views on them just because they go against what you think isn't right. They have just as much a right not to like the new DMC as much as you have a right to like the new DMC series. Whether you give them time or not.

Those same people you are defending are also those who force -their- views upon others, telling us of their hatred and will do all they can to stop this, making petitions, angry letters and what not.

Where is their respect to those who actually like it? Do they recognize and accept that there are people out there who actually thinks this reboot is a good idea and would love to see more? No, they aren't. Instead they are making these 'immature' statements and fills up the forums with their eternal gibbering about how much they hate this. And it is such immaturity we hope to end.

Some say this isn't a 'real' Devil May Cry and that it isn't 'real' Dante. Wake up and smell the coffee - it is real alright. Maybe not how you want it to be, but it is still very real, wether you like it or not. If you don't recognize it as a true Devil May Cry game, well, too bad then. Then you can sit and mope with your hatred for this game while the rest of us will enjoy it and have a good time. Because that's what it is all about, really. It is why they make games in the first place - to entertain us.

What is truly DMC is not for the fans to decide, it is the creators' decision. Resident Evil 5 is as much an RE game as much as Resident Evil 1. It has indeed changed throughout the series, yes, but it is -still- a Resident Evil game. And the same goes for Devil May Cry.

I am not forcing others to like this game and I am sure no one else is, as you said, it is people's own decision, but that doesn't mean someone like me, who actually likes this game so far (which means a trailer and some screenshots), can't hope to get some more positive responce from those who are being negative about it. It is not forcing my view on others by saying "I hope all those angry fans might change their minds when they see more of the game".

And about the Twilight fans - they can choose not to see the movies if they like the books better. Free will, ladies and gentlemen. If you don't like this new DmC reboot, then just don't buy it.

Now, as to your disappointment that Capcom aren't continuing the series and filling out some plotholes - I totally understand that. There are so much we haven't got answers for yet, like what are Nero's origins, is Vergil truly dead, what happened to Dante after he travelled to Hell, and so on. It would be nice if Capcom decided to make a game where they were explaining those things to us... unfortunately that is not the case. Instead they are starting over, telling the story anew with a new DmC and a new Dante. It is indeed a bit awkward of them, but they must have had some intentions in doing this. And personally I can't wait to see what that is.

So yeah... we get that you are all disappointed and angry, but a more openminded approach to this new DmC would be appreciated. If you can't do that, then maybe you will in time. And if you continue to hate it after the game's release, then you have the option to just leave it be and simply not spend your money on it.

Vampi

Those people have every right, freedom of speech ya know. And so what if they have a petition, just don't sign it. And so what if they keep forcing their views on you, don't reply to them. Don't fuel there hatred by responding to them and not signing their petitions. They have the right to voice their opinion just like you have your right. Everyone's opinion is different, you might not agree with them, but they have the same rights as you do. You can't deny them that, cause then you're no better then them.

Dude, you do realize this will die down in a couple of weeks at most, we just got this news not that long ago. People tend to get tired of arguing about the same topic over and over. Maybe for the thickheaded they might still be interested in making the same repetitive threads. But soon it will quiet down and they'll concentrate on another game in the meantime. DMC isn't the only video game in existence ya know.

Uh...how do you know if its a real DMC game? Does it show any of the traits of a DMC game? Did it show Rebellion? Did it show Dante's signature moves? Does it show Lady and Trish? Does it show Dante with white hair and being witty? No, you can't say we have to wake up and smell the coffee when you know pretty much nothing about the game. You're basing your assumption on the label alone. DMC is not only a label its made up of alot of different factors. Factors i'm not entirely seeing on the trailer. It's ok, i'll give it time until we receive new info. Until then i'm not treating this as a DMC game. I'm treating this as a new IP.

WHAT! Are you kidding me? The creator of DMC is no longer in the series. And we recognize what DMC is from his vision and from each director. WE, the consumer, know what DMC is. That's why Ninja Theory i guess might have a hard time identifying what makes Dante, Dante. We're not sheep that just goes along with any game that is label DMC and just automatically love it. We first have to see if it looks and plays DMC to determine if its a DMC game.

You cannot tell me that RE 5 is like RE 1. That's just absurd. I hope you're not serious. Because that has to be one of the most asinine things you have said lately. There's a vast difference between RE 5 and RE 1. Themes and gameplay are a big differentiation from the two. If you can't realize that there's still that puzzle game i'm offering.

You're just not getting it, people have their reasons for not liking the game, who are you to change that opinion. You don't work for Capcom and such. Its fine if you tell them sum positive things that you saw on the vid, but if they keep saying they don't like it, then they don't like it. If you keep on being persistant then you're just a person who just bangs there head on the wall for no good reason. Its futile. All that matters is that YOU like the game. If other people don't like it, you shouldn't care. If you don't agree with them and you think they're immature and rude and whatnot, don't reply to their threads or post. Don't give them fuel for their so called hatred. Cause they'll feed on your notion of seeing the light or sumthing, because they're adamant on there position on the game and they know you'll just keep banging your head against the wall, you'll just look foolish. Just stop torturing yourself with them and it'll be fine.

Yes i agree its free will. If you don't like the game don't buy it. But you keep on contradicting yourself and hoping and preaching to people who don't like it to do like it. Its got to stop. You're just exchanging one extreme to the other.

Don't get me wrong, i don't hate this game, cause really no one knows nothing about it. My curiosity is peaked and i want to know more. But until then i don't see this as a DMC game. I see this as a new game with just the label of DMC to garner attention. Is that so bad? It has my attention, and attention isn't always a bad thing. That's what Capcom wants people's attention. But that still doesn't mean that i'm going to identify this game with DMC since it looks nothing like it. And i'm fine with that and you should be to. I'm neutral on this.

I agree with your last paragraph. But we should be open minded about alot of things. But there are just sum things you shouldn't drastically change that's all, its unnecessary. But i have my eye out for this game, that's the best you can ask for with people who are having doubts about the game. And if you can't handle that, then that's your problem.

Dominus

Vampi;276041 said:

I'm sorry but you have it all wrong. This isn't necessarily a true devil may cry game just because it says it in the title. Its more a form of franchising or branding of a game by capcom. You see this done with plenty of other game franchises and people usually refrain from calling them "true" visions of the source material (see mario golf and mario tennis). See for me the look would not matter if it was capcom developing the game, because then I know I'd be guaranteed at least quality gameplay. But we have an unproven western developer handling most aspects of the game.....

And frankly Ninja Theory and Capcom fail to realize how to properly make a reboot. If people have no guarantee that the game play will be solid you need to hook them in by not murking with the character(s) too much. Sure you could make dante's character model slightly different or put him in a completely new environment but you must maintain some consistency/connection to previous incarnations of Dante beyond a coat,a sword and guns, and specs of white hair. It basically tells the fans of the series that they dont care a lot about what brought you to like the character, and offsets the estabilished base from connecting to the character (even though it could or could not be a good design). And this is just bad from a marketing perspective..

Look at the Star Trek reboot as a good example of what I mean. They keep the look and feel of the most of the characters to keep the old schoolers from hating, yet were able to give it a completely refreshing feel to attract a new audience... And Tada! Box Office Success.

Oh and to people that say one should be open minded, screw that. You can't be open minded to EVERY single idea and this concept seems wayyy to rooted into peoples' minds (look at the evolution debate). Accept the facts that some design is good and some design sucks. I don't need to be open minded to homeopathic medicine or flat earth theory because its in the mind of fairness. Granted Games do fall more into an opinion perspective but even with that said the design can be quantified to a certain degree, and the new Dante just doesn't work for the type of gameplay DMC has..

But I GUESS we'll have to wait and see if the gameplay stacks up

Meg

I honestly can't believe you guys are arguing over this in this thread of all places. Seriously, take it somewhere else. It is off topic. There are plenty of threads for you to discuss this. This argument is taking away from what this thread is about.

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
Huge arguing in a "guys,don't argue like that" topic.I thing we might see some "reboot" arguments in dmc3 threads or dmc anime threads in future days.

"It's just getting cr@pier and cr@pier"

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
meg127;276058 said:
I honestly can't believe you guys are arguing over this in this thread of all places. Seriously, take it somewhere else. It is off topic. There are plenty of threads for you to discuss this. This argument is taking away from what this thread is about.

+ rep meg

This is the LAST place an argument should appear....

especially a thread created by LoD

Asmodaius

To meg127 and Silahsor: You're right, my apologies. When people with different views collide, it is easy to have embers turn to bonfire.

Vampi: We should make a truce. ^^ We're agreeing on some things and disagreeing on others, and that's just how it is. -offers handshake- :3

Dominus

meg127;276058 said:

lol wut? There is nothing wrong with arguing about the OP opinion on the matter, because you know its an opinion and not law. If the OP throws words around like immature and minimalizes people's concerns about Dante's appearance you sure as hell should expect some rebuttals and responses. If OP instead said "lets debate the facts and wait and see" I would not feel the need to post but he instead added some opinion flavor and said "lets wait and see but you knee-jerkers need to grow up and accept this because I'm the gatekeeper of maturity, and who cares what he looks like because I said so."

Meg

Dominus;276121 said:
lol wut? There is nothing wrong with arguing about the OP opinion on the matter, because you know its an opinion and not law. If the OP throws words around like immature and minimalizes people's concerns about Dante's appearance you sure as hell should expect some rebuttals and responses. If OP instead said "lets debate the facts and wait and see" I would not feel the need to post but he instead added some opinion flavor and said "lets wait and see but you knee-jerkers need to grow up and accept this because I'm the gatekeeper of maturity, and who cares what he looks like because I said so."

First of all. That is not what LoD said at all. No one is saying that you can't debate the new game. This isn't what the thread is about. This is about all the immature comments being made. Arguing isn't immature, but some of the things being said are. An Admin left over it, so no one can say there is no immaturity on here.

Also. I'm not saying people can't argue about Dante's appearance and the new game in general, but don't do it in this thread. It is off topic.

Vampi

Meg its not off topic. Besides, we're not arguing about anything. From the posts i've seen so far everyone is discussing. I think you're overreacting just because sum people state their opinions on sum people's outlook of the recent fanbase going crazy a lil. I agree with Dominus completely. Don't try to make it seem we're messing up this thread. Everything has been fine so far and you're insinuating stuff that isn't there.

Meg

What does discussing the new DmC game have to do with this thread? Last time I checked this thread was about maturity. So it is off topic. :p

Vampi

If that were the case then what's it doing in the DMC 5 FORUM then. It might as well be in the General Discussion Forum.

And obviously its about DMC since LoD brings it up.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Vampi;276164 said:
If that were the case then what's it doing in the DMC 5 FORUM then. It might as well be in the General Discussion Forum.

And obviously its about DMC since LoD brings it up.

because it's about the lack of maturity in "discussions" relating to DmC. continuing those discussions in this thread is off topic. handy for providing examples ( not saying you're the one providing examples so don't get mad) but not the point of the thread.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
It was intended for this forum where all the trouble is appearing lately.
I agree with meg, this thread is off topic, take it to another thread.
Perhaps you wanna remind yourself of what this thread is about by reading the OP

This is what really makes this forum immature,discussing(arguing whatever)topics that don´t have any relations to the thread.
Thread gets ruined that way.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
why can't people just read the thread and keep their mouths shut? this is why LoD posted it in the first place....just read....listen..shut up( for a second at least).....and be open minded to some extent...and handle it MATURELY....the best way to do that is to STAY ON TOPIC...at least in my opinion

Vampi

So we should just read the thread and not reply at all then? Right. Coming from people who are calling us names and telling us to shut up, yeah that's real mature. I guess this thread only applies for people who are for the game rather then against it. Since from what i'm gathering from other members, if you're against the game you're automatically deemed immature.

Whatever, the mods might as well have a warning in this thread saying you must only reply if you're FOR the game and whine about the members who aren't supporting it. I find it quite ironic actually. But whatever...its just whiners complaining about other whiners. Not sumthing new lately.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
No one is saying that.
The way the members are debating it and flaming each other is immature.
(ie rudeness)

The point is, if you want to debate (sensibly), that's fine. But if you want to tear into each other, do it in P OR VM'S.

I don't see why it is so hard to understand.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Vampi;276186 said:
So we should just read the thread and not reply at all then? Right. Coming from people who are calling us names and telling us to shut up, yeah that's real mature. I guess this thread only applies for people who are for the game rather then against it. Since from what i'm gathering from other members, if you're against the game you're automatically deemed immature.

Whatever, the mods might as well have a warning in this thread saying you must only reply if you're FOR the game and whine about the members who aren't supporting it. I find it quite ironic actually. But whatever...its just whiners complaining about other whiners. Not sumthing new lately.

that is NOT wat i was saying...when i say be open minded im saying listen to wat the other person is trying to say...don't just automatically jump down their throats...im not say it to dislikes only...or to likes only...im sayin it to everyone....im saying everyone just respond in a calm manner...and not attack anyone...and stop flaming threads...thats all i was saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom