• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kobayashi says they'll show more DMC 4 SE "over the course of 2015"

Devil Player

Hi guys, I'm just sharing the news. Not sure if it's old, but here you have it. XD

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/japanese...oles-details-coming-kingdom-hearts-iii-pokken

He says they'll show more DMC 4 SE, which hopefully means the game will indeed have new features.

"June 2015 will mark the tenth anniversary of the Sengoku Basara series and there are a lot of things we’re looking to do to commemorate that. We also plan to show off more of Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, as well as some eagerly awaited new entries in some of our most cherished franchises over the course of 2015"

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Thanks for the share. But it sounds more likely the we will hear earlier than June since he was only putting SB in that month specifically. Or at least I hope so, June is a long way. :frown:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
You misinterpreted that sentence. He didn't say he would share more about DMC4 SE in June 2015, he said: We also plan to show off more of Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition,over the course of 2015. The 'June 2015' part referred to the anniversary of Sengoku Basara.

as well as some eagerly awaited new entries in some of our most cherished franchises

^This part of the sentence is a subclause meant as ''in addition to DMC4 SE''.

Besides, the game is to be released in the summer of 2015. To get news about it in June 2015 would be really weird.

Last edited:

Devil Player

You misinterpreted that sentence. He didn't say he would share more about DMC4 SE in June 2015, he said: We also plan to show off more of Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition,over the course of 2015. The 'June 2015' part referred to the anniversary of Sengoku Basara.

as well as some eagerly awaited new entries in some of our most cherished franchises

^This part of the sentence is a subclause meant as ''in addition to DMC4 SE''.

Besides, the game is to be released in the summer of 2015. To get news about it in June 2015 would be really weird.

Oh, my mistake! :(

I guess that doesn't mean he won't show something related to DMC 4 SE, though. I was thinking about a trailer or anything like that.

So, let's wait then. XD

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Oh, my mistake! :(

I guess that doesn't mean he won't show something related to DMC 4 SE, though. I was thinking about a trailer or anything like that.

So, let's wait then. XD
I'm sure we'll get more news about DMC4 SE pretty soon. I can't imagine they wouldn't give us more news every two or three months or so. It'd be torture if they waited with news until spring 2015 or something :p

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
june? well screw them than. They took their time to rerererelease DmC but DMC4 is thrown somewhere back in the time? Well thnk you Capcom :/

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
june? well screw them than. They took their time to rerererelease DmC but DMC4 is thrown somewhere back in the time? Well thnk you Capcom :/
It was a reading mistake (or rather, a grammar mistake on the part of the person who wrote the article). June 2015 is the anniversary of Sengoku Basara.

''We also plan to show off more of Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, as well as some eagerly awaited new entries in some of our most cherished franchises*over the course of 2015.”
*needed a comma.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It was a reading mistake (or rather, a grammar mistake on the part of the person who wrote the article). June 2015 is the anniversary of Sengoku Basara.

''We also plan to show off more of Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, as well as some eagerly awaited new entries in some of our most cherished franchises*over the course of 2015.”
*needed a comma.
oh hmm I see. Otherwise it would be really insulting

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
oh hmm I see. Otherwise it would be really insulting
Yeah. I thought it was bad enough that DMC4 only got a tiny teaser with a picture of Vergil and nothing more. Felt like an afterthought next to the big trailer for DmC... but maybe that's just my mind being paranoid again :p

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Yeah. I thought it was bad enough that DMC4 only got a tiny teaser with a picture of Vergil and nothing more. Felt like an afterthought next to the big trailer for DmC... but maybe that's just my mind being paranoid again :p
Capcom is obviously being lazy pushing their work on others....AGAIN

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Kobayashi?! Forget, Vergil's fans, but your man will PROBABLY get a mediocre role in the game, since this IS the guy who proudly said he hated Vergil years again.
Let's hope for the best, but expect for the worst!

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm kinda glad we got that clarified. For a game that comes out in the summer to not get any news till June is kind of cutting it short.

My prediction is that we'll start seeing more of DMC4 after DmC in March.

Since there's that I'm going to change the title of the thread to keep things from getting confusing.

Last edited:

Devil Player

I'm sure we'll get more news about DMC4 SE pretty soon. I can't imagine they wouldn't give us more news every two or three months or so. It'd be torture if they waited with news until spring 2015 or something :p

I agree with you, 100%. While it's my fault for reading the article fast ( I admit that, lol ), I think the writer could have got a better grammar.

I got a dubious vibe after reading it again. I got the feeling that we would only have more news about DMC 4 SE, on June. I'm glad you gave a better explanation, better than the one from the article. ;)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Ugh. If Koboyashi's still got anything to do with DMC4 even for this SE, then my interest has lowered a bit compared to before.

And when they say they have more stuff in store for the franchises, do they mean for JUST DMC or for DMC and DmC, to which I say
KOBOYASHI STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM DmC. You can do what you want with DMC4, but please don't touch DmC.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ugh. If Koboyashi's still got anything to do with DMC4 even for this SE, then my interest has lowered a bit compared to before.

And when they say they have more stuff in store for the franchises, do they mean for JUST DMC or for DMC and DmC, to which I say
KOBOYASHI STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM DmC. You can do what you want with DMC4, but please don't touch DmC.

Well, I doubt anyone will touch DmC again at all.
I'm one of those who would like both sagas to continue (priority to DMC though), but Capcom doesn't seem to be of the same idea... anyway, the article doesn't seem to be about DmC, so no reason to freak out, don't worry.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well, I doubt anyone will touch DmC again at all.
I'm one of those who would like both sagas to continue (priority to DMC though), but Capcom doesn't seem to be of the same idea... anyway, the article doesn't seem to be about DmC, so no reason to freak out, don't worry.
I guess.
For me though, if I had to choose between a DmC sequel made with Kobayashi on the helm and a DMC5 with Kobayashi as head of the game, I'd rather choose the latter and end DmC then to see it become a pretty boy-inducing anime game. (no offense to Sengoku Basara I like the series but...I rather not have that with Devil May Cry.)

Top Bottom