• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kobayashi says they'll show more DMC 4 SE "over the course of 2015"

Judge

I guess.
For me though, if I had to choose between a DmC sequel made with Kobayashi on the helm and a DMC5 with Kobayashi as head of the game, I'd rather choose the latter and end DmC then to see it become a pretty boy-inducing anime game. (no offense to Sengoku Basara I like the series but...I rather not have that with Devil May Cry.)

Don't think that will ever happen. DmC is Ninja Theory's game. Capcom staff will advise and assist on the gameplay, but they will never particpate on the story or things like that.

If the Japanese staff involve themselves in story and characters it will be DMC4 only. The same way Ninja Theory will have nothing to do with DMC4.

It really is down to the sales at this point, if DMC4 can sell a lot more copies that DmC, DMC5 will be made continuing the story of Nero. At least if DmC dosen't continue it will go out with a bang this coming March. Thats enough for me, that Capcom/Ninja Theory make this game the pinnacle of the series by giving us a definitive edition. Once that is done it dosen't matter to me if they cotinue it or not, I will be satisfied.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Now that you mentioned it; if DMC5 is made, why do people assume it will continue Nero's story?
For all we know they'll make an even NEW new character and explore his/her story instead. We don't know.

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
Now that you mentioned it; if DMC5 is made, why do people assume it will continue Nero's story?
For all we know they'll make an even NEW new character and explore his/her story instead. We don't know.

That seems doubt-worthy. Though the possibility is there, story wise it would be an atrocity. Also, one would assume they learned their lesson with Nero backlash and would keep to the current cast with maybe a new sidekick. They've learned their lessons in the past (DMC3 being much, much harder/DmC: DE being released with manual lock-on/DMC4:SE with something Vergil related).

Even if they don't continue Nero's story, or don't explain him in a DMC5, it would be assumed they'd stick with Dante rather than creating a new protagonist. The fanbase has proven they want goofy Dante or Nero as seen by many people coming around to Nero after the introduction of the reboot.

Judge

Well DMC4 was aimed to establish Nero as the new main character, and his story was to be the focus of future games.

I assume Nero's story will continue and Dante will no longer be involved in the story, but might be a side character or something like that.

Viper

Premium
Well DMC4 was aimed to establish Nero as the new main character, and his story was to be the focus of future games.

I assume Nero's story will continue and Dante will no longer be involved in the story, but might be a side character or something like that.
Unless they take notes from Metal Gear, which went through similar issues with Raiden, and bring back Dante as main character for final closure of his story, after which Nero's story will continue in his own spin-off.

Top Bottom